Our son Tommy

July 31st, 2016

Posting with a heavy, squeezing hurt in my heart. There has been a lot of healing…I’m not where I was…but you don’t have to look very far below the surface to find a lot of pain. The tears still come hot and fierce when I least expect them.  I’m not to the part of the story where it feels okay yet. Does that part ever really happen this side of heaven?

Will I wish every year that we could just skip from July 30th to August 1st?

A good friend wrote to me, “…there will always be the missing of that precious boy. He remains a testimony of God’s fingerprints on your life. No mistakes. Only journeys that are sometimes very confusing. Love you!! Know that I’ll be praying for you this weekend. My heart remembers so well…”

I am re-posting this video because I hope many people will remember our son Tommy today.

26 Responses to “Our son Tommy”

1. We’ll never forget Tommy. We know he was one of the dearest things to your heart and your life and that made him so very dear to us too. I just loved his sweet face and his disposition. I still hurt for your hurt and always will Susanna. Life is so precious to God and He meant for it to be so precious to us too… that’s why we never forget. Bless you, you’ll be on our hearts and in our prayers through the day though you are still on our hearts and in our prayers through the year as I know how much this hurts you… we love you…

2. Mommaofmany says:

Prayers going up for your family on this most difficult day. Your son was, and IS, a treasure who will not be forgotten. Tommy is whole, healed and waiting to shout his love for you all.

3. Rebekah says:

“The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord” Job 1:21
    Susanna, I know your heart is hurting unbelievably today, but I also know that God had a plan for Tommy’s life, and he fulfilled it! -Just look at the many, many people everywhere (myself included) who were so touched by your love for him, and then your response to the Lord’s calling him home so suddenly. His death may have reached more people, and in a deeper way, than his life did – and you know that was a lot.
    God bless you for loving him, for continuing to follow him to Josie, and for your love for every one of your children!

4. Cassandra says:

It just wasn’t enough time – there’s never enough time with the people we love. I know you wanted more.

5. Taylor-Tots Mom says:

Remembering sweet Tommy with you today. Remembering the joy, sorrow, love, and pain. His time in your family, his life, his death, your life continuing after his death…those are all part of the racecourse God ordained for you.

“For consider Him who endured such hostilities by sinners against himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”
    Hebrew 12:1-3

We love you and are praying for you all today!

6. adriana knot says:

Remembering Tommy with you today….

Praying for your heavy hearts!

Praising Him for the love He gave you for His dear child Tommy,

Love,

7. Heather says:

Prayers for you all on this difficult day. I am sure Tommy is smiling in Heaven, so blessed be your son. He touched so many lives in his short time on this earth.

8. Erin says:

remembering Tommy with you today.

9. Becky says:

From the pits of the orphanage to the joys of visiting a horse while surrounded by the family that chose him, Tommy saw it all. How I enjoyed watching that video again. And now Tommy is seeing what awaits all of the children of God. You are on my mind and in my prayers. I love you Musser Family.

10. sabrina says:

We will never forget him either. Hugs and prayers on this day for all of you.

11. Esther Paris says:

His eyes & face said it all: BLISS.
    Wish I had a teleporter & could hug you tonight.
    Love from RI

12. Louisa says:

Praying for your sweet family through this time of healing …blessings to each of you!

13. Jill says:

~HUGS~

14. Nina says:

Praying for your peace, comfort and reassurance while we remember this special young man. Tommy knew love and joy because of you and that’s, ultimately, what matters! He is healed and whole in the loving arms of our Heavenly Father.

15. Ruth says:

We continue to pray for you and your sweet family each day. My heart aches with yours. Heaven becomes more dear when you have said “good bye”(sometimes unwillingly) to children. We sing (and pray) through our tears, knowing HE IS FAITHFUL and will complete that which HE has begun in each of us. Thank you for sharing your heart, and family with us. It helps me walk this path too. Blessings

16. Anna says:

Susana, it was a beautiful video in memory of Tommy! Thank you for sharing it again! I’ve no words that can ease your pain and grief, but I’d like to share two songs: The first song written by another mother who lost a beloved son. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lweWwzTPedc

And this beautiful song to inspire and comfort you with a beautiful picture of the fullness of Tommy’s joy in his heavenly home. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pV_HVLwQuc

17. I know…blessed be the name of the Lord. Hugs from me. I will be praying for you and your family.

18. Tami Ann Swaim says:

Remembering over here on White Oak Road!

19. Sonya Vande Velde says:

Susanna,
    We’ll always remember Tommy. Thinking about your family today and praying for comfort.

20. Colleen Krizak says:

Tommy is living proof of the willingness of the King of Kings to be brought low in order to bring sinners into fellowship with the Father. I thank Jesus for Tommy Musser’s ministry and for your family’s obedience to the Lord.

21. Jenny Watson says:

We remember Tommy. He’s a special one.
    Hugs, Mama. Squeezy ones.

22. Corrie Johnson says:

What a teary video! He is so precious. We are praying for you.

23. Bri S says:

As I was watching this video, I recognized so many of the pictures. I kept thinking back to your original captions and comments on each one, and realized how much of his precious life you shared with us. I prayed for Tommy from the first post you wrote sharing his million dollar smile, rejoiced when I found out he was getting a family- and such a wonderful, loving, godly, precious family-, came to your blog frequently to see pictures of his joyful spirit, and grieved when I heard he was gone. Tommy was a precious little guy, and even now, seeing how he interacted with you all in these videos, brings a smile to my heart, though mixed with teary eyes at times. It is largely because of your Tommy and Katie that I am looking into working with special needs children in some way, and I want to say thank you for sharing his life, his joy, his smile. Though many of us have never met him personally, he did forever become a part of our lives. Thank you for sharing this precious gift you were given <3.

24. Melissa says:

I will never forget Tommy, nor your family who stepped out in love to rescue him. He packed so many years of living and being and loving and being loved into the time he had with you. And now he is REALLY living.

Praying for you as you miss him and wait to be Home with him.

25. Thank you for posting this video and keeping our memory of Tommy alive. Praying for your precious family!! Love you!

It seems inappropriate somehow to move on to the next post without thanking all of you who took time to leave a comment here on Tom-Tom’s video. Every one of you has blessed me with your caring and your words. Thank you.