Sweet Doodle

January 16th, 2016

It’s been months since I’ve written any updates on Verity, but with our current busy-ness of life, I had no plans to write one until I found the following series of photographs that Laura had taken unbeknownst to me.

Verity has attained two major milestones that we consider worth celebrating.  She has been completely out of diapers (wearing big girl panties full time) for a couple of months now, and she recently mastered the “R” sound!

We’ve been putting off moving her into a big girl bed until we’re moved into the addition and life settles down a bit more.  There have been enough other changes happening for the time being.  One thing at a time!

She knows a large number of signs due to our complete collection of Signing Time videos, far more than you will see below, but Laura took these photos a month ago and we aren’t sure which signs Verity is showing in a few of them.  I included them anyway because of the cuteness factor!

[We’re unsure what she’s signing, but too sweet to discard]

IMG_7072

Tree

IMG_7073

Baby

IMG_7080

Grass

IMG_7082

Chicken

IMG_7084

[Another one we’re unsure of]

IMG_7100

Jump

IMG_7106

Dance

IMG_7107

Cookie

IMG_7110

[Can’t remember this one, either]

IMG_7111

Girl

IMG_7077

Daddy

IMG_7078

Mama

IMG_7079

There you have it!  A little snippet of our sweet Doodle Caboodle!

Until next time, folks!

19 Responses to “Sweet Doodle”

1. Potty trained!!!! How wonderful!!! What a huge milestone for her! Great job! and those pictures!!! I could just kiss her! Wonderful signing!

2. Marina St. Kitts says:

Verity is such a blessing! I think the sign after the sign for cookies is “milk”.

3. Cassandra says:

After her sign for cookie, I believe the next one she is doing is , “Milk.”

4. Cassandra says:

The first one might be a one handed start for, “happy.”

The one after chicken might be the start of the word, “good.”

I have a master’s in Sign Language, and they look like the childish version of those two. In any event, beyond cute.

5. Vicki Raleigh says:

I agree with Cassandra and the one above “thank you” looks very much like “big”. Way to go, Verity!

6. Erin says:

What a big girl! Thank you for sharing the fruit of your hard work and the amazing provision of the Father.

7. Lea says:

Oh, Man, those pony tails are just killing me! She’s so stinking cute!

And “Way to go, Verity!” You’re getting so grown up!

Thanks so much for sharing,
    Lea

8. Annie says:

Way to go Verity!

9. Amanda B says:

The sign after cookie looks like “ball” to me… :)

10. Esther Paris says:

First one – no guess.
    Second one – Thank You or Warm in progress.
    Third one – Big or Box or something rectangular

Does she still say “Licketysplit”?

11. MamaV says:

Good job! She knows more than I do, though with our future (you know) this may have to change. Maybe I can get lessons from her :-)

12. Melissa says:

She’s so stinkin’ cute!! More than that, she is a smart young lady, and has obviously worked very hard. Good job family on raising this sweet girl!

Her sign for ‘star’ gave me goosebumps. Because that’s what she is–a shining star. <3

13. Louisa says:

I would be jumping for joy on these milestones! Way to go

14. KMT says:

She’s so beautiful! I love how you fix her hair. It’s soooo long now.

15. Heather says:

Way to go, Verity! What a smart and beautiful young lady!

16. Rebekah says:

She is amazing! She must have a delightful personality!

Susanna, are you with this family? I’m not sure if they adopted from Pleven or another Bulgarian orphanage but I thought you might be interested in seeing this. My heart breaks for the children left behind and rejoices for this little one.

17. ritalee8383 says:

I agree with Cassandra I came to say the one after cookie looked like “milk”. Can’t see enough of the first one.

Rebekah, thank you for sharing this link. No, I was not aware of this adoptive family. It does sound so much like the old Pleven. :( I will pray that God will use this mom’s efforts to bring about marvelous changes for the precious children left behind there.

19. Colleen says:

I love the expressions on her face when she’s signing outside, daddy, and momma. She is getting so grown-up.