Houses are built of brick and stone…

November 8th, 2015

…but homes are made of love alone!

Thanks to two professional and several skilled volunteer framers, the structure is going up rapidly now!

These photos were taken over a period of three days.

They may seem rather dull to some, but they are absolutely gorgeous to me!

Because to me they look like love, giving, hope, and joy.

IMG_6531 - Copy - Copy - Copy

IMG_6540

IMG_6559 - Copy

IMG_6581

IMG_6587

Watching the first wall go up!

IMG_6591

IMAG0523 - Copy - Copy - Copy

IMG_6593

IMG_6598

IMG_6599

IMG_6607

Ben might remember the backhoes, bulldozers, cranes, and cement mixers in our back yard, but he probably won’t remember our house without Josie’s room.

Forty-five days and counting!

IMG_6603

10 Responses to “Houses are built of brick and stone…”

1. Esther Paris says:

To me it looks like WITNESS, in more ways than I can count. God Bless!

2. Dana says:

It looks great! I love how quickly it seems to be coming together!

3. Andrea says:

Framing is just fun to watch – you go from nothing to something so rapidly! Thanks for taking the time to share photos of how it’s progressing!

4. Aunt Mary says:

It is exciting to watch the progress. That picture of Ben is precious. He looks so full of life and knows he is loved.

Aunt Mary, besides Verity, Ben is one of my most affectionate toddlers–likes to give hugs and kisses and still puts his head on my shoulder and lets me rock or hold him for a long time. Soooo sweet, and I’m soaking it in while it lasts. But Verity outshines them all in cuddliness. I call it Verity therapy. :)

6. KMT says:

It’s coming right along! I love seeing the pictures of all the progress.

7. Missy says:

It is wonderful to watch dreams come true. Is that Josie’s room and bathroom?

Yes Missy, that’s Josie’s room! Isn’t it marvelous? I just went out there this evening to walk around and visualize the finished space. :) She and Laura will be sharing the room, so Josie’s not down there all by herself, and because the two girls have already begun to bond.