Please pray for our friends

July 17th, 2015

Many of you remember my good friend Becky, who owns the Good Neighbors Candle Co. and who stepped in to blog for me (and was right there with us, ministering behind the scenes in many other ways) last summer when my world was ripped to bits by the traumatic loss of Tommy.

She and her family are experiencing their own crisis now, and we would love to know many others are praying for them.

Our church fellowship was still rejoicing with Becky and her family over the news that her daughter Chelsea was engaged less than two weeks ago to a fine young man named Chadd.

Now we’re sharing their shock and sorrow over this news.  Chadd is still under sedation and has a long road of recovery ahead of him, but my heart aches knowing he will eventually have to hear the devastating details about what happened.

Would you please pray for complete healing for Chadd’s body and emotions?  Would you also pray for his family, for Chelsea, and for her family, for strength during this time of crisis as they surround Chadd with their love and support?

As of right now, Chadd doesn’t have a public Facebook page, but if that changes I will write an update post with that information.  In the meantime, Becky will update her blog as she is able, so feel free to check Hospitality Lane.

Thank you, praying friends.

10 Responses to “Please pray for our friends”

1. Jenny Watson says:

We are praying.

2. Lori D. says:

Will pray for all involved, Susanna! My niece was in a serious (though thankfully not fatal to anyone) car accident almost a year ago (Aug. 7th) and had to undergo surgeries. Seeing her like that was something I will never forget so I can only imagine how the families feel. Praying for healing, strength and comfort in the days ahead.

3. lynnea says:

When I saw this accident on FB and saw the location I just started praying for you and your family. I honestly was worried it might be one of your kids. But I just knew somehow this was close to you…not in location but in heart. I’m so sorry and will be praying for Chadd and his family.

4. how terrible !
    I must say I thought you were going to share about this other family who’s son was run over by a car. They were in China adopting 2 children..
    dreadful news. Praying for these two families

5. Angie says:

Oh that is heartbreaking! Yes I will pray. And I will pray for the family in China as well.

Thank you to EVERYONE who is praying, even those of you who aren’t leaving comments. Pray especially for tomorrow, when they will break the news to Chadd with the help of a counselor.

Nicole, I am not in the loop of the online adoption community at all, and had not heard this horrific news, and have no idea who the family might be. Thank you for sharing; I will be praying for them as well! :(

7. of course… But it was just didn’t expect to be another dramatic accident !
    The family’s name is Keir.

8. Anna says:

A tragedy, but not a word of compassion from the family for the woman this young man killed.

Anna, I’m not surprised they didn’t think of writing it publicly yet, in the midst of their initial shock and current crisis mode, but Chelsea’s family and we as the Keeney’s church are certainly praying for Eva Kunkle’s family, and we are all devastated with them at her tragic death. Until you have experienced the emotional torment of blaming yourself for the death of another human being, you can have no conception of the pain. I’m not sure there’s a worse pain than this one, especially for someone like Chadd, who holds human life in high value, and who is a quiet, gentle, and sensitive person (as is Chelsea), and he will have to learn to live with this for the rest of his life. Nobody in the Keeney’s entire circle is taking Ms. Kunkle’s death lightly or lacking compassion for anyone affected by this accident.

I cannot speak for Chadd’s family, as I don’t know them personally.

10. Becky says:

Thank you, Susanna. Our grief and shock include the loss Mrs. Kunkle’s family is living through even now. Not a moment goes by that we aren’t thinking of them. I pass the site of the accident every day and the sadness takes my breath away. It isn’t for lack of caring that we remain quiet. It is out of respect. I know that may be very hard to understand. It is all I know to say.