Announcing: The P.L.E.V.E.N. Project!

December 19th, 2013

With great rejoicing, may I announce…

The

Promise

Love

Embrace

Value

Every child

No exceptions

Project

Thanks to several very hard-working people…

The P.L.E.V.E.N. Project has gone live!!!

Check out the new website:   The Pleven Project

Don’t miss the slideshow on this page (and check back periodically for updated photos):   The Present

Don’t miss reading about a future opportunity to help “We will also be seeking out qualified professionals to travel to Bulgaria to work with staff and those with other experiences willing to volunteer their time and efforts to this project.”  Read more here:  Future Projects

Check out the t-shirts!  If we can get orders for at least 75 shirts, we will raise $13 per shirt for the Project.  More items are planned for the future, but right now you can help raise initial funds to fund urgently needed new staff in the orphanage. Buy the t-shirt, help raise funds, and spread the word!  The Pleven Project Store

Those of you who want to donate directly should visit this page:  Donate to The Pleven Project

From one of the administrators on the ground in Bulgaria:

Dr. Georgieva, the director of the Pleven baby house since May of 2012, really wants us…

1)  To start the new baba program because [then] she will be able to supervise the babas and will have a say when they need to be replaced with better ones.

2)  She also desperately needs two physical therapists for the children who are in poor physical condition, and…

3)  One psychologist to oversee the work of all teams for better individual programs for all children [psychologists have different qualifications and tasks in Bulgarian orphanages than they do in the US].

4)  Last, but not least, she really wants to stop all the vandalism and stealing by having two guards to rotate twelve hour shifts. She said they are paying crazy money to cover the vandalism and the stealing.

Then share it!

Pass the Pleven Project website link along:   http://www.plevenproject.org/

There is a Facebook page set up too:  https://www.facebook.com/plevenproject

And Twitter:  https://twitter.com/PlevenProject

Special thanks to all those who took part in the t-shirt and/or non-profit name contests.  It was difficult to choose among so many great entries!

Prizes have already been sent to the contest winners:

Dolores Wynkoop, blog reader

Dakota Lynch, 16-year-old blogger and special-needs orphan advocate

Lisa Matthews, mom to Crista, formerly of Pleven

Paul and Maureen Huizinga, parents of Penny, waiting in Pleven, and Fanny, waiting in foster care after spending the first years of her life in Pleven.

Most of all, friends, please pray that God will bless this endeavor in every way.

Pray for necessary funds and helpers with integrity.

Opposition and other obstacles will continue to arise, and we need committed, faithful prayer warriors.

Pray, and then watch Him work!

This is His work from beginning to end!  Praise Him!

Come and see the works of God;
He is awesome in His doing toward the sons of men.
He turned the sea into dry land;
They went through the river on foot.
There we will rejoice in Him.
He rules by His power forever…

15 Responses to “Announcing: The P.L.E.V.E.N. Project!”

1. Michaela says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the project. There’s so much energy and positivity radiating from that site/idea. Can I order such T-shirts too? I am from Austria (Europe) and would really love to have some.

2. Michaela says:

Oh, the Facebook link is not working. You have to remove the “And” at the end of the link. But I found the page anyway. :-)  But maybe it helps others find the page easier.

3. Tammy Groenendyk says:

Awesome!  So thankful for all who put their passion and time into this!  Crying lots of happy tears.

4. Maureen says:

Hooray, I love how this has turned out. I fully believe that God will give us beauty for ashes, not just for our adopted kiddos at home, but for that place that has been so steeped in darkness. <3

5. Corrie says:

Praising Jesus. Thank you everyone who has and will invest in this!

Thank you so much, Michaela! I’m not sure about the t-shirts being sent to Europe. Are you on Facebook? Could you ask that question as a reply to the Facebook thread about the t-shirts? If not, I’ll be happy to pass the question on to the t-shirt lady. :)

7. Ruth G says:

This is wonderful Susanna! I went and took a look around and it looks great. Part of my job is in support of the internal website for our organization and so I always appreciate it when users let me know when things aren’t right. So to whom should I direct such feedback? (I noticed two buttons that weren’t working and one typo, but I didn’t check every page.) Should I use the Contact form on the site, or do you have an email address you could give me? Or should I just email you and you can forward it on?
    Again, this is a wonderful way to coordinate and focus the impact we can have for Pleven (and all websites have bugs when they launch…). Thanks for letting us know about it! :-)

8. Anna T says:

LOVE!!  Just re-posted from Tricia on my Facebook page : ) !!  Susanna, my DH has shipped oversees from Ebay sales, he would gladly talk with your t-shirt lady if needed, just LMK (e-mail or call)…((Hugs)), prayers and love to you and your family and Merry Christmas!!

9. Virginia Victor says:

The psychologist would SUPERVISE or OVERSEE the performances of the employees & volunteers – NOT ‘OVERLOOK’ as given here.
    Have a Blessed Christmas season, one & all  !!!

10. Lauren S. says:

This is awesome!  “Liked” and “Shared”!  (and perhaps adding more tee-shirts to our closets)

Ruth G, thank you so much! I’ll ask Shelley to take a look!

Anna, thank you so much! Will email as soon as I can manage a moment!

Dear Aunt Virginia, thank you for catching that!!! It was a Bulgarian to English email that I didn’t examine closely!!!

The t-shirt lady says that shirts can be shipped overseas for an additional shipping cost. :)

15. Betsy says:

What the devil meant for evil God meant for Good!!! Praising the Mighty God for All He has Done and All He is doing and All He will do!