God won.

December 21st, 2013

Three Decembers ago, God unexpectedly opened up our hearts to this hungry, hurt little baby bird.  And immediately began to show us what He can do to impossibly huge mountains if they are in the way of His will.

797_25.05.2009_Veronika04

Two Decembers ago, tiny, nervous baby bird was oblivious to our Christmas celebrations.  She was learning to tolerate her new life with us when the joyful and unexpected news came!  The director of her orphanage, who had presided over a criminal level of neglect for more than twenty years, had been fired from her position!  God was really doing it!  He was tearing down the bars of the Pleven baby house and bringing families in to claim the children!

IMG_3979

Last December, Katie was securely settled with us and very motivated to be up and moving.  She still didn’t pay much attention to our family traditions.  Threw the gingerbread cookies on the floor and made a sour face about the icing on her hands.  And then the unexpected and heart-stopping news came that the Bulgarian courts had ruled to reinstate the former director in the Pleven orphanage.

Would this be too hard for God?  Is anything too hard for the LORD?

No, this battle was His.

2012-12-12 001 2012-12-12 002

It’s December again, and this year Katie is fully enjoying our favorite December traditions.  Fully part of the life of our family.

IMG_2850

IMG_2862

And once again, on this December night…

…some unexpected news came.

Shelley Bedford wrote,

“The court ruling was released and it’s time to rejoice!

The former director of the orphanage in Pleven LOST her final appeal and the high courts have ruled that SHE WILL NEVER BE REINSTATED AS DIRECTOR OF THE ORPHANAGE.”

Satan, in the name of Jesus, you did not win this one.

IMG_1783

“Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,” says the LORD of hosts.

26 Responses to “God won.”

1. Mandy says:

Praise The Lord!!

2. Aury says:

Praise The Lord!!!!
    A christmas miracle, in the name of jesus!
    GLORY TO THE LORD
    WORSHIP HIM
    THE GOD OF OUR SALVATION
    GLORY TO THE LORD
    HONOR HIM
    HE REINS AND RULES THE NATIONS
    HE IS RIGHTEOUS AND WORTHY TO BE WORSHIPED AND
    ADORED LIFT YOUR VOICES AND GIVE GLORY TO THE LORD

3. Becky K. says:

So happy to hear this.  Praise the Lord!

4. Terri White says:

Wonderful news!! :)

5. Jaelle says:

This is awesome!  The new director also gave us a long list of therapeutic devices that can help the kiddos there.  If there is any way that we could join forces to get those things for the kids, please let me know!  Love you guys!!

6. Vee says:

Rejoicing with you. I have not seen Katie in some months. Oh she looks so very well and so wonderfully happy. (Becky sent me here to say hello) Wishing your family the brightest and blessed of Christmases.

7. Phyllis McElrath says:

Such good news.  Katie looks wonderful. Hope your family has a wonderful and Merry Christmas.

8. Janine says:

What fantastic news.  It gave me goose bumps.  Thanks be to God!

9. Stephanie B says:

Praise God!  What a wonderful Christmas present!

10. Kim says:

49 For He who is mighty has done great things for me,And holy is His name.50 And His mercy is on those who fear HimFrom generation to generation.51 He has shown strength with His arm;He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.52 He has put down the mighty from their thrones,And exalted the lowly.53 He has filled the hungry with good things,And the rich He has sent away empty. Luke 1:49-53

Thank You, Jesus.

11. Melinda says:

I got chills reading this!  I am so, so glad that the Bulgarian courts saw the truth!

12. Susan says:

AMEN!  To God be the Glory for the things HE has done.

13. Deanna says:

Great news indeed!  He has done great things!

Nothing is impossible with him!

14. Laura says:

Joyful tears welled up in my eyes as I read your post! Praise to God and Merry Christmas to you all!

15. Lauren S. says:

Hooray!  To God be the glory!
    But, I have to ask, is there a possibility that she could go to ANOTHER orphanage?  Is it possible that she would still be looking for work in the same field?  Would other institutions even consider her?  Please, God, do not let it be so!

16. MamaV says:

Amen!!! Praise Jesus! I am going to wear a huge grin for a while now.

17. Ginny says:

Praise the Lord!!  We serve a mighty God!

18. Phyllis says:

Goosebumps and happy tears here. Praise God!

19. Julia says:

Thank you for your role in this, Susanna.

20. Milena says:

Such wonderful news! A battle won right before Christmas!

21. Sarah says:

Hallelujah! Our God is mighty! Nothing is impossible for Him!

22. Monique says:

Merry Christmas!! Wonderful news.

23. Kim says:

Oh my heart!  Let us also pray that her heart is HEALED and she repents her actions.  Let us set a place for her at the table and hope that she arrives having made amends for her wrongs.  Let us hope that because of HIS grace she becomes an advocate for those she has hurt.
    Amen.

24. Praise God for this victory!!

25. Missy says:

I am so happy to hear this news! A Christmas miracle once again! And did our little dumpling pick the candies off her cookie? Did she use a pincer grasp? :) Always doing therapy!

26. Lori says:

PRAISING GOD FOR THIS MIRACLE!!  Susanna, thank you for sharing this with us–I am in tears reading this! Not only for the absolute miracle that has taken place but also, my heart and the hearts of my family are struggling greatly this Christmas season. My brother and his girlfriend had their very first child this past March–he is a sweet and precious blessing! However, it is NOT a Godly home AND both parents are dealing with alcohol addiction. Though both love that baby dearly–and take very good care of him thus far (no neglect, definitely no physical abuse, he is well fed, clothed, always clean and so far, seems happy but I worry about him growing up in this as does my mom worry for him). This blog post just serves to remind me that as much as we are hurting over this, Satan does NOT stand a chance where God’s will is concerned! Please pray for us? Thanks! And I wish you and your beautiful family a blessed and Merry Christmas!