URGENT! Speak up for this voiceless one!

November 23rd, 2013

Today’s blog post was excerpted with permission from my friend Julia’s blog.

Please read it all the way down to the bottom.

Then please visit the following site to see more photos and video of this quiet little boy who is turning sixteen years old on Sunday, December 1st–aging out of his last opportunity to be adopted.

Photos of Barton

Video of Barton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

barton-3-215x300[1]

The quiet boy who loves to watch the birds.

The quiet one who enjoys being rather than doing.

The boy who only comes alive when the music plays.

So easy to forget.

He ages out next week. December 1st.

He ages out.

His chance for a family ends on his birthday.

BARTON

barton-1-225x300[1]

I write this with tears streaming.

We yelled for him in March. A solid month of yelling. We yelled again a few other times since then but nothing. No one has inquired about him even once.

And now the end is here. He has but a week to find a family.

He has nothing to offer but a tender spirit and a quiet presence. He isn’t going to be a rocket scientist. He isn’t going to blow anyone away with grand accomplishments. Does that disqualify him from a family? Does it mean he has to spend the rest of his life bench sitting?

Oh Barton.

Is there anyone out there willing to take a leap of faith and go get him? Paperwork has to be mailed by MONDAY or TUESDAY (overnighted) at the latest.

Oh Barton.

Sweet Barton.

I’m covering you with prayers sweet boy.

Praying for the impossible.

~Julia Nalle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Susanna:

Dear friends!

You know what to do!

Help rally around this one precious life!

Read it!

Share it everywhere you can!

PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!  Nothing is impossible for God!!!

For more information about adopting Barton, please email Debbie-Price Hannon at debbie@reecesrainbow.org

Julia sent me this photo, with the words,

“This is where he will end up, Susanna.  A cage.”

483520_531596403529146_755701803_n

But You have seen, for You observe trouble and grief,
To repay it by Your hand.
The helpless commits himself to You;
You are the helper of the fatherless.

7 Responses to “URGENT! Speak up for this voiceless one!”

1. Jeannie says:

God, please let Barton’s parents find him TODAY.  Please show Your mercy and Your love for this child.

2. Vicki says:

Just posted links to this post on Facebook and Pinterest! I’ll be praying that Barton’s family will find him in time!!

3. sabrina says:

Tears and prayers being prayed for sweet Barton.

4. Melinda says:

Praying! Praying! Praying!
    My brother was born with severe epilepsy and developmental delay, and it makes me sick to think of what his life would have been like if he had been born on the other side of the world.  As it was here in the US, my mother was told to put him in an institution and let him die there, because he would never amount to anything, never feed himself, never walk or talk.  He turns 35 tomorrow, and he is the happiest person I know.  He most definitely talks, feeds himself, takes care of his own toileting needs, and even works in a day program doing community service for a small paycheck.  He loves to save his money for items that he wants!  I now live 3,000 miles away from him & my parents but I love to talk to him on the phone. My brother has a beautiful life only because he had a loving family who believed in him.  Barton and all the others like him deserve nothing less.
    I will be praying for Barton!!!

5. Melissa says:

“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.”–John 10:28. Praying this over Barton, that the powers of this world are powerless against the gentle but unbreakable grip of God!

6. Sarah says:

Did he ever find a home :(

Sarah, YES!!!! Check out this AWESOMENESS!!! http://reecesrainbow.org/67790/sponsorbloom