Mourning into dancing

November 28th, 2013

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;

You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,

To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.

O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever!

Mourning…

My Album 5-006

…into dancing!

My Album 5-007

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son

And now let the weak say, “I am strong!”

Let the poor say, “I am rich

Because of what the LORD has done for us!”

Give thanks!!

~Don Moen

My Album 5-003

Our families miss us more than ever today!  Click on our names to meet the families who are coming to get us!  Top left to bottom right:  Brandi, Tony, Nelia (moved to foster care), Fallon (moved to foster care), Gage, Garnet, Hannah (moved to older child institution), Chad, and Penny

Note 1)  Thank you to my sister Pleven mom Colleen for putting these collages together!

Note 2)  Three of the children in the “after” collage do not have updated photos.  Two are home but we were unable to obtain “after” photos in time.  Theodore isn’t home yet, and his family has chosen to remain private.

8 Responses to “Mourning into dancing”

1. Tiffiny says:

Much to be thankful for today! Happy Thanksgiving to your family from ours ~ The Harrington’s

2. Maureen says:

Very thankful, indeed! this WILL be our girls’ last Thanksgiving in that place :D Happy Thanksgiving ~The Huizinga’s

3. Jessica says:

We thought Chad had a family.   Is the still waiting page for the children with committed familes but waiting to come home from Pleven?

Jessica, yes, all the children have families. I changed the text to make that more clear. :)

5. Missy says:

I am so happy to see this! A wonderful Thanksgiving gift. Now I want to print them out so I can do side by side before and afters. :) I am in awe that so many have been saved. That’s three kindergarten classes in my old school. I know it hasn’t been easy for the families but I am so grateful to them.

6. I LOVE the updated pictures you chose of my boys! Adorable!! (((HUGS)))

7. Colleen says:

We have some gorgeous looking children! Happy Thanksgiving, Musser Family!

8. Lucy says:

Dear Susanna,
    Your blog has been an incredible encouragement to me. I found you not long ago and am in the process of reading Verity and Katie’s story all the way from the beginning. My husband and I recently started the process to adopt a child with special needs from India, and your blog has given me courage, faith, and hope when I’ve struggled with doubt and fear.
    Thank you!!!!!