A family for Brandi and a challenge for YOU!

October 18th, 2013

When you look at this family, what do you see?

IMG_0193

A dad, a mom, three kids–an ordinary, nice, normal family?

When I look at them, I see down-to-earth, hard-working, Jesus-loving people.

I see a family who is loving not only in word or in tongue but in deed and in truth.

An ordinary family, yes, but a family who knows they have a big God.

And I see His mercy on one very little person who has been devalued, ignored, and rejected all her life.

At long last!!!

A family for Brandi!!!

Brandi_2013 (1)

Meet Dan and Jeannie Myers!

My husband is a registered nurse who lifts weights, loves the Word of God, and works hard so that I can stay home with the kids.

We have four children, an almost-7-year-old who loves to draw and dance, a 5-year-old who plays soccer and sings all the time, a 3-year-old who likes “swords” and trucks, and another little blessing due in February. Together, we enjoy reading, church, time with friends, and playing outside.

We’ve prayed about adoption for years and are excited to see how God moves to bring Brandi home. More than anything, we want to honor our Lord as a family.

~Jeannie Myers

P. S. I can’t WAIT to hold her. :)

The little girl I held back in January has a scary-looking medical file, can not do a single thing to plead her own cause, and has never been given a chance to blossom.

Brandi_2013 (2)

So, my friends!  Who else loves Brandi?  Who else has prayed for a family for her?

I know you’re out there!

Are you ready for the challenge??

If you love Brandi…

…it’s time to show it!

“Let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth!”

It meant a tremendous amount to us while adopting Katie that so many people approached us to invest in her adoption right at the beginning of the process.

Let’s do the same thing for Brandi’s family.  Let’s work together to help them with the initial $5350 that they will owe right here at the outset.

There are so many of us, and we ALL have something to give, even if it seems to us like a small amount!  Whether you have $5, $50, $500, or $5000 to offer, give according to your means with a glad heart!

May I add an extra challenge for those of you who are ransomed captives?  Dig a little deeper and give a little more.

>Right now, there is a $500 matching grant on the table for Brandi’s adoption.  When the Myers’ adoption fund reaches $500, an anonymous donor will double it!<

Donate to the Myers’ Adoption Fund by clicking on this link to their YouCaring page.

Rejoice with me, my friends!

Celebrate!!

This child who once was lost has now been found!!!

Brandi_2013 (3)

Blessed are the eyes that see Him,
Blest the ears that hear His voice;
Blessed are the souls that trust Him,
And in Him alone rejoice;
His commandments then become their happy choice.
~Joseph Swain, 1792

P. S.  Check back here again very soon for two contests and a Pleven update!  God is still moving in that baby house and you just might have a chance to be part of what He is doing!

24 Responses to “A family for Brandi and a challenge for YOU!”

1. lizzie says:

God bless you family of sweet angel Brandi!!!!!  You are going to be so blessed and so will she!!!!!!!  Praise God!  Praise God!       He is going to blow you away with his provision for this tiny angel.    Cannot wait to see pictures of her in her new family’s arms!   She has a Mama!  She has a family!        Rejoicing with you Susanna!  And tears, love the new picture of her. oxxooxooxx

2. Lauren S. says:

Praise the Lord!  He is so good!

3. Tami says:

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!!!!!  I was so hoping you were talking about Brandi in your earlier post, Susanna.  When I saw your blog title this morning a shout of joy just burst out of my lips.  I have always felt sorrow to be “leaving her behind”.  I am soooo soooo glad Brandi has a family!!!!

4. Hannah says:

How great is our God! I am so so so so so happy that precious Brandi’s family has found her. May the Lord restore to that sweet girl everything the locusts have taken from her.

5. Beckey says:

Wonderful wonderful news!!!

6. Maureen says:

I am sooooooo happy!!! I really hoped that’s who you were speaking of :D  I am so happy for her & for her new family!!!

7. Britney says:

So so happy for your dear family, Brandi!  We will continue to pray for you all!!!  Rejoicing!!!

8. Terri White says:

SO happy to see this!!

9. Missy says:

I sent a tiny bit to help. Is Brandi the last of the original children you told us about? I know, I know an update is coming. :) I was never good at that patience stuff. I’m keeping all of you in my prayers.

10. MamaV says:

Wooooooo! God is so good!

11. Amy says:

Praising the Lord.  He is mighty to save!!!

12. Abbie C. says:

Yay!! so happy…I think there is one more little one though – I can remember another…

Missy, Owen is still there waiting and available for adoption! There are other older children with SN there as well, but none of them have been chosen by agencies, so they either have aged out, are unavailable for adoption for other reasons, or they are listed but as yet their files have not been chosen by a BG agency. I have not lost hope that God will provide families for every child who is able to be adopted. At this point, over 60 children have received families in 2 years’ time. What a God we serve!

14. Rachel M says:

Praise God!!! And 60 total children so far, speechless at God’s work and power.

15. LaurieS says:

Thank you Jesus!!  Glory!!

16. Missy says:

Thank you, Susanna! I am so amazed! You are right, God is so good.

17. Tami says:

Susanna, is Owen the same little toddler you told me about along with Chad and Brandi, or is this a different Owen?  I know of two Owens, but I didn’t think the other was at Pleven.

18. Elizabeth says:

This makes me so, so happy.

Yes, this Owen is in Pleven. The other Owen is in Russia, which as you know has closed. :( I can send you an updated photo if you like–I don’t have permission to post them publicly yet. He is a sweetie!

20. Bailee says:

Hello,
    I was wondering if you could email me a picture of Owen there was alittle boy listed on RR and I have not been able to find him once he was removed. I wonder if it’s the same child.
    Thanks!

Yes indeed, I will be happy to do so, Bailee! Thank you for asking!

22. Amy Mays says:

So happy for Jeanie and Dan! Brandi is getting one of the sweetest, most gentle and loving mommies I am blessed to know <3

23. Jocelyn Scott says:

What are Brandi’s special needs.  I understand she has CP, but her body looks locked into an abnormal position.  Is she paralyzed?

No, Brandi isn’t paralyzed, Jocelyn, she has significant CP along with some other diagnoses and has been severely neglected–left in the bed for years in one position. It’s not uncommon for children who are left in lying rooms for years to become contracted due to lying immobile for so long.