Signing off…

September 26th, 2013

Quick note to let you all know Tommy was discharged!  It’s so good to be home!  I missed everyone so much, although I got to see a couple of my sweeties on Sunday!

IMG_1937

IMG_1940

Tommy missed everyone, too!

Check out his reaction to getting in the car and starting to GO!

IMG_1948

Now contrast that with his reaction when we turned off the highway and were greeted with the familiar sight of cornfields and the smell of dairy farms.  We were getting close to HOME and he knew it!

IMG_1953

I decided to take enough time to blog this morning just to explain to everyone why I’ll be unavailable for a while.

We came home with as-yet-unanswered questions but a workable plan and a GREAT team behind us, the possibility that Tommy still has diarrhea, loads of stuff to put away, a sick baby (picked up an awful, croupy, junky cough in the hospital–coughs pitiably until he projectile vomits), feeding pump, meds, a few days’ worth of special formula and a new routine for Tommy.

Came home to more than a hundred emails and a family who needs their mama’s undivided attention for the near future.

I had ambitious plans to blog about four more families before Tommy was discharged, but since my attempts to help my friends fundraise seem to do them more harm than good (heh heh), God clearly gave the gift to my amazing friend Julia, AND since the families I wanted to help are already featured in her current fundraiser…

I’ll simply invite you again to please go visit Julia’s blog and take part in her fun fundraiser to help four special families bring home their special children!

Micah Six Eight

The Horton family, bringing home Gary and Marnie

Grace Knuth, bringing home Tony from Pleven

The Taylor family, bringing home Samuel, Sara and Patience

The Unroe family, bringing home Matthew, Charity and Johnathan from Pleven

Also, I just checked Jim and Linda Herr’s Reece’s Rainbow family sponsorship page and saw that the amount in their adoption account hasn’t changed by even a penny!  I’m praying that God will put it on some hearts to bless and encourage this family by helping them bring Soleil and Anastasia home!  The Herr’s Reece’s Rainbow page

Before I sign off here, friends, you need to know that yes, our family is being stretched!  We’re feeling the growing pains and we see more ahead of us, but know this!

God has not abandoned us!

We’re going to Him with our very specific needs and He is showing His faithfulness to us right now in very specific ways!  I will love to tell you about it when I’m back in circulation!

God is faithful!!!

Signing off…for now…

16 Responses to “Signing off…”

1. Terri White says:

Praying for strength, wisdom, and rest for all of you!

2. Becky K. says:

May God lift you up.  So sorry to hear that precious Ben is sick.  I’ll be in touch about Friday.  Love you, so much.  I guess God totally gets that you are needed elsewhere right now and is not tempting you with the things that others have the time and energy to do.

3. Kay B says:

Susanna, thank you so much for sharing your family with us here in the internet world.  I’m sure you have lots of personal friends and family here, but also many virtual friends.  Take all the time you need to nurture and love on your little ones.  I’ll be praying for you and will see you back on-line in due time.

4. Melissa says:

My little one (just a bit older than Ben) has that same cough :P Oh well, this too shall pass!!

Glad to hear Tommy is better, and will get what he needs until his body starts learning that it will be mistreated no more!

Take care of yourself, mama! (and Verity’s outfit is adorable…the sight of that munchkin would brighten any dreary day :)  )

5. Baroness.Von.Korf says:

Tommy makes me smile.  But then again all of your kids tend to make me smile. They just seem so great!  Boy to I wish I lived closer to you guys.  I’d love to “help” out with your family.

6. Kim says:

Susanna, you spoiled us with a few posts while Tommy was in the hospital~thank you!  Praying for you!!!!

7. Cinderellamommy says:

Praying, donating, and praying some more! Love Verity’s sweetness & Tommy’s smiles! So sorry little Benjamin isn’t well! ~laura

8. Lori says:

So glad that you are home! Prayers being said that your questions will be answered and that a healing plan for Tommy will be in place. I am also praying for Benjamin, that he will be well soon, and for your strength, Susanna.
    I will miss your inspirational posts, but am glad that you will have more time to care for your family.
    I look forward to updates… someday!

9. Gina in Spain says:

Praying and thinking of you….I can not even imagine how stretched you are..I hope when you return to see a solution to Tommy´s issues and find you rested and and Ben well….HUGS!!!!

10. Rebekah D. says:

Verity looks so grown-up! Love that cute little outfit!   :)

11. Cassandra says:

Agree that you need to leave the virtual world for a while.  You’ve done so much good but now your family needs your personal best. It’s a brave thing to do – signing off of your blog for an extended time. The virtual world can be a nice little escape but the potential for over-use is huge. I know that I must make a conscious effort to be mentally present even when I don’t feel like it.
    Now – maybe it is just the lighting but Tommy’s coloring looks so much heartier. And it seems as if his tongue muscle has strengthened, as well. Real progress is happening ! Not that progress is a condition that merits more love from you, just that progress in Tommy’s World will likely mean he has a higher level of comfort.
    In addition to all the normal demands of life with high need children/neurotypical children – you are homeschooling. I homeschool as well and I cannot deny that my input is reflected in their output, for the most part. Homeschooling makes for a spectacular lifestyle.  It’s not easy but it is always good :)  I’m so proud of how you for living your faith.
    Believing for the best,
    Cassandra

12. Tami says:

Hugs & Prayers!! So sorry Ben is sick.

13. I will miss your family immensely but know that it is so important to stay on a workable routine. I will continue to check your bloggy daily!:) It’s a great place and such a comfort to visit here. Praying for you all. Loved the photo of when Tommy knew he was approaching HOME!
    God Bless,

14. Beck says:

Blessings to you and your family.

15. Amy says:

Praying for you.  Some days are so wearing, but I remind myself that each one is directly from His Hand.  Praying for rest, strength, joy, and wisdom for you.  He is able.

Cassandra, thank you for your kind words! I would agree with you, except that the world of children from Pleven *is* the real world, not a virtual world we are escaping to. In our family, we live a little bit of Pleven in real life every day. For us, to “escape” would be to forget about the real families we know who are bringing home real treasures from EE and forget about the real, live hard-to-place children who are still waiting. Our lives are intertwined with theirs now and they are part of the very real calling God has placed on my life. He clearly hasn’t let me off the hook yet, but right now, we’re in a very intense time, working hard to maintain a calm and steady life for the rest of the family while Tommy is in and out of the hospital. We are seeing God bring good out of HARD.