Nobody’s sick this weekend…

August 24th, 2013

Wait a minute, I didn’t tell you that story, did I?

Well, anyway, nobody at our house is sick this weekend!  Soooooo…

…we’re celebrating the 90th birthday of a friend at lunchtime tomorrow, then spending the rest of the day at the home of good friends who have an in-ground pool in their back yard.  Deo volente.

That means today I’m putting together…

~7 sets of pj’s for tonight,

~10 sets of Sunday clothes, including mine and an extra one for baby,

~12 sets of nice play clothes,

~8 sets of swim gear–no, make that 9, I’ll need some, too,

~4 sets of old play clothes for John Michael, Peter, James and Stephen to wear home from our friends’ house so they can go right to bed,  [Each night they get dressed for the next day.]

~4 sets of pj’s for Tommy, Katie, Verity, and Benjamin to wear home from our friends’ house so they can be put right into bed, AND–

~an extra set of clothes for myself.

Did you count that up?  Forty-seven sets of clothes.

Forty-seven sets of clothes.

No wonder we’re all getting a little silly!

2013-02-27 001 2013-02-22 001

Little boy, big voice, big personality…

IMG_1305

Big boy, big voice, big personality!

IMG_1056

Maybe they heard us praying for new eyes…

IMG_1235

IMG_1244

IMG_1249

IMG_1253

What happens if I talk into the bucket?

IMG_1257

IMG_1260

IMG_1261

“I’m a funnydoodle!” says Verity.

IMG_1262

Goofy girl wants Mama to read a book to her.

IMG_1273

IMG_1279

IMG_1285

Goofy girl reads her own book…

IMG_1368

Peter came into the house when I was in the midst of taking impulsive action regarding our hideous table-plastic.  He watched for a minute, then ran outside and told the rest, “Mom’s writing on the table with a permanent marker!”

IMG_1473

May as well have a little fun with it–can’t make it much worse!  Heh heh

IMG_1484

IMG_1434

IMG_1436

IMG_1438

IMG_1439

It’s going to get boiled anyway.  What?  You say you’re too busy to come over for supper tonight?

IMG_1441

IMG_1444

Or maybe we’re all just a little excited about the new set of swings?

“Ready for action on Monday,” says the dad.

IMG_1403

IMG_1496

P. S.  And this lightweight post is my hasty attempt to reassure my readers that we’re not, in fact, dying a slow and agonizing death over here!

Okay, next one is all Tommy’s, I give you my word!

18 Responses to “Nobody’s sick this weekend…”

1. Jen says:

“For I have come that they might have abundant life …” Yes!

2. Louisa says:

It’s a beautiful life!

3. Kim says:

I love your new eyes!!!!  Best pics ever.

4. Colleen says:

What a fun post!!

5. Deanna says:

47!  Oh My!
    I love the silly eyeballs!  Daniel looks hilarious!  Thank Joshua for the corn!  Very thoughtful and generous, and yummy!

Hurray for swingsets!

6. Linda says:

Thanks so much for taking up your precious time to,share your lovely family with your readers.

7. K says:

I love your swingset!  Alas, I have one laying unassembled in a friend’s driveway awaiting landscaping the “wilderness” area of our yard.  You’ve given a great description of your clothes-ready list and it will inspire me to tackle my laundry pile tomorrow since my kids are getting creative with their sleepwear for lack of any clean jammies.  My organizational skills get paralyzed when the contractors finally come and start working on the house due to cutting water and power while they work.

8. Caroline says:

Fabulous photos.  What an amazing swing set – I’m sure it will bring tons of pleasure.  The fun and enjoyment just shine out from the pictures of your children in their involvement in everyday life.  Be blessed!

9. Tori says:

Hey, I have been waiting for a new post to put this comment on. I need some prayer warriors!!! Belgium is attempting to pass a law that will allow for euthanasia of special needs children and elderly people with Alzheimer’s. Here is the article about it: http://www.naturalnews.com/040744_euthanasia_children_mercy_killings.html
    Please pray!

10. Gwendolyn says:

Love the swingset….did your husband design/make it, or did you get it from a playground supply place, or…? We could use a nice sturdy one like that!

11. Gretchen says:

Susanna,
    Love the swing set! Reminds me of the one I had as a child — also built by my father, also made of heavyweight pipes. Differences are that he spray-painted it red (my favorite color as a child), and it only accommodated four children. ;+) I’ll bet that thing is still standing today, 35 years later!
    Blessings!
    –gnv

12. May I make a cheap suggestion about your table cloth?? WE use the vinyl covering that you get at walmart….the clear one cut to our table over craft paper….we let the kids stamp for the season or draw pictures for the month then lay the clear vinyl over the craft paper…..Sometimes we draw “placemats” or other things and it makes the table look festive and it is easy to change out….just a thought!!

13. Linda Lee says:

I’m so glad no one was sick.  I enjoyed your post and all the photos!  You sure do have happy children. I love what you did to your table plastic.
    The swing set will bring hours of joy and exercise.  Hope you had fun with your friends.

Thank you for the cute idea, Amanda!

15. kimyeatts says:

Love that you have all those resourceful men at your house! Poor Sam has to do it all alone in this house with six women as his helpers. I don’t think he minds too much, though. :)

16. Lorena says:

Susanna, this has got to be one of my favorites!!  LOVE the googly-eyes, LOVE your table, LOVE the corn antics, and I can’t wait to see the action photos once the swings are in use!!  :)  Go ahead and give us lightweight anytime.  :)

Jen and Gwendolyn, here’s the link to the swingset we purchased. We hope it lasts through many happy years of children and grandchildren. :) http://www.aaastateofplay.com/heavy-duty-modern-tripod-swing-12-foot/. We have six belt seats and two bucket seats. It was one of those times we decided that if a thing is worth doing, it’s worth doing right! Might be the best $3000 we ever spent!

18. Katie says:

I am seriously jealous of that swingset, no joke.  I have always wanted a playground-quality swingset in my yard because even as an adult I LOVE to swing… that is so cool!!  Maybe once I start getting child tax write-offs I can afford something like that, LOL.  Love you guys so much and always keeping you in my prayers.