No longer a stranger

June 9th, 2013

IMG_0152 - Copy

My prayer for you, Tommy, on this night before we enter your life and it changes forever, is this.

Just as we chose you, adopted you, and redeemed you…

Just as in us you have obtained a inheritance…

I pray that the eyes of your understanding would be enlightened, so that you would know with confidence

Your calling as our child,

Your inheritance of being a full member in this family, and

Our ability to fulfill our word to you, Tommy, according to the working of God’s mighty power.

You do not receive a second-class position or second-rate inheritance because you were grafted late into our family, or because you come to us needy and dependent, or for any other reason.

You are as fully an inheritor of our promises as all your brothers and sisters.  You have a full claim to our love, protection and provision.

This was legally declared to be true two months ago.

As God brings you into our family’s life, I pray that He would give you the gift of living freely, fearlessly, and joyfully in this truth.

Tonight I pray this for you, Tommy, with all my heart,
Mom

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

18 Responses to “No longer a stranger”

1. LaurieS says:

oh, I’m so excited for him!!!

2. I join in agreement with your prayer for Tommy.  I am praying fervently for you all.  I am beyond excited.  God is so very good.  It is such a pleasure to serve Him.

3. sabrina says:

Precious picture of the Truth of our own adoption, redemption and place in our Father’s Family.

4. Cassandra says:

Susanna,
    What a truly brilliantly beautiful “Welcome to Your Family” letter.
    Because you keep your promises, Tommy’s life will never be the same.
    I’m not somebody who re-reads posts but I did re-read this post.
    Thank you for sharing your heart/God’s heart with us.

5. stephanie carpenter says:

Hey sister,

LOVE YOU!!!!  I can’t wait to see him in your arms!!  Praying!!!  Sasha is delighted that you are in Sofia at the same time!  We love you guys!!!  In Christ’s love,
    steph brian and girls!

6. Cindy says:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

7. Deanna says:

Beautiful words, beautiful truths….

Praying for you all this week.

8. Jamie Garcia says:

What a beautiful simple prayer from a mama’s heart. Thank you for sharing it! Have fun tomorrow, I pray that stress will be limited. God bless. Jamie in MD

9. Mary says:

Thank you for sharing this incredible journey with us. I have been truly blessed by Tommy, Katie, you and your family. I often marvel at the magnificent plans God has for our lives…looking into the eyes of my children I wonder how they are going to change the world for Christ. Tonight, I wonder how Tommy will be a world changer! Blessings to you and your family. My God be present with you as you bring Tommy home.

10. Barb says:

Beautifully said. Beautiful heart.

11. MamaV says:

This is so exciting!
    love and prayers from our family!

12. Lisa H. says:

Beautiful words….I’m in another country on our own adoption trip and your words remind me what it’s really all about.  Thank you and blessings to your family and to Tommy!

13. Sonya says:

Amen! I love this, not only for Tommy, but because the words are so STRONG and SURE for children brought into families through adoption.  I very recently got an earful (again) regarding “real” family and those kids who are “like” family, “the adopted ones.”  Too bad for that person, he just doesn’t understand the blessing and meaning of being grafted into the family JUST AS SURE AS THOSE BORN INTO IT.
    Tommy, we are eagerly waiting for you to make it to your mother’s arms and all the love your FAMILY has for you!
    God bless you all.

14. Terri White says:

So excited for you today! May His light shine through you in special ways as you go to bring your beloved child home!

15. Rachel says:

Just. Beautiful.

16. Emily Golden says:

I don’t usually comment, but he’s just so beautiful!  Those sweet brown eyes!  Congratulations!

17. Andrea says:

These brought tears to my eyes. God has granted me incredible patience in waiting to go back to get “Kramer” but something about seeing the photos of you WITH your boy makes me yearn to hold mine.
    It is so sweet to see him in his Daddy’s arms, and to see the joy of recognition on his face when he saw you. Incredible!

18. Sally says:

All because you believed and obeyed!!!! May God bless you and your wonderful family!! You are inspiring!