From there to here

June 8th, 2013

We’re settled here in a quiet hotel room in Tommy’s country.  We made it without using up all the extra burp cloths and outfits I’d packed into the carry-on for Benjamin, ahem.

Joe, Joseph and Benjamin are sound asleep.  I’m not sure I’ll have the heart to wake them at suppertime.

Tiny baby Ben attracted attention all day, even from way across the room.  [I don’t bear much resemblance to that perky person now.  It’s the first time I’ve done this without the help of caffeine and my head is swimming!]

IMG_20130607_160839_833

IMG_0120

IMG_0121

IMG_0122

Tomorrow we plan to buy diapers and wipes for both our little guys and baby food for Tommy, as well as diapers, wipes, and bibs for his orphanage, donated by kind friends.

And then bright and early Monday morning, we’re to meet our facilitator down in the lobby and head to Tommy’s city!

It’s almost Tommy’s time!

21 Responses to “From there to here”

1. Galit says:

Safe travels in-country and coming home with your newest boys!

2. lizzie says:

Yay!  Praying for you and thinking of you!  Lots of love!

3. Mandy says:

So glad you made it safely and will be praying for the rest of your trip to go well.

4. Praise God all is going well and you are in country.  I will be praying for you and your family fervently over the next many days.  That all will go smoothly and Tommy will transition, stay hydrated, keep eating and travel beautifully.  God be with you!

5. Nicole says:

thank you so much for the up date ! we are able to share the trip with you in a way!
    Merci! Keep safe !

6. Gail K. says:

We’re praying!

7. Katie says:

You MUST tell me what the contraption is he’s strapped into on the plane!  I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before, and that’s saying something because child passenger safety is kind of my ‘thing’, LOL.  Glad you’ve safely arrived in country – I have lots of buddies over there this week!

8. Abbie C. says:

Hey, we’re here too! (Myself and Stephanie, that is.) Maybe we’ll see you in the morning!

9. Tami says:

Jumping for joy (inside, anyway)!!  Praying for you all!

10. Gordon Allen says:

I am praying all goes well and you have safe travels during this exciting time.  I can only imagine how anxious your family at home must be to welcome home Tommy.  Don’t forget to take care of you as you and Ben bring your new son home.

11. Stori Wann says:

JOY! JOY! JOY! :)  That is so wonderful.

12. Galit says:

Katie, that is a bassinet, which can be installed in front of bulkhead seating on many planes.  They have special hooks or latches to attach to the wall, and then there is a safety belt for the baby.  There are different models of them available on different planes. Very convenient!  Older babies also like to crawl around underfoot in the bulkhead seating area. Fun!
    You also see Ben strapped into Susanna’s lap-belt with a secondary belt.  Airlines will not allow you to hold a lap baby during takeoff and landing any other way.  I was shocked that they prefer this thing to having the baby in a Baby Bjorn type thing. But them’s the rules.

13. Louisa says:

Oh how exciting!  Love the updates on what the Lord is doing with you and your family…thanks for letting us share in the adventure!

14. Maria says:

So excited for you! I hope travel continues to be smooth and everything goes well while you are in Tommy’s country.

15. Rachel says:

been checking to see if there would be any posts about your travels. Im so thrilled for you, and Tommy! Safe travels!

16. Cassandra says:

My what a difference a day can make.  One day on the East Coast, next day in another country! By now I hope the country considers you an honorary citizen being the mother of a few of their kids, and all:)  I  can imagine that your son will be a key part of this trip as he can “run interference” on demand. I suppose Tommy has seen few to no adult males, right? And now he will be loved by two.  It took my daughter a while to understand that my older boys were not the equivalent of her dad, my husband. They were the first men she saw.  Staff warned us that kids are often terrified of tall men but not my daughter – she loved my husband from the word go.  Seriously!
    You look quite thin for having recently delivered a big baby. I always make this comment but don’t forget to take care of yourself. You were once your mama’s baby and she would want that. God is good all the time and your uneventful arrival gives testimony to that.  As always :)

17. Jenny O (from momys) says:

How wonderful!  I am amazed to see how the Lord is providing for you all!  It should not surprise me ;-). God is so good :-)

18. Warriorbride says:

So happy for you all, Susanna! This is such an amazing thing the Father is doing through you and your family, bigger than we all can see!  All glory to Him!  And blssed are you, mother of MANY!!

19. Cindy says:

Praising God for your safety and this tremendous opportunity.  Praying for Tommy’s adjustment and for your ‘Light” to shine brightly there.

20. Joni Owada says:

I am so very excited that you are there and almost have your new son in your arms. Your precious baby looks so peaceful in your arms and in your sons arms in these pictures.
    I continue to pray for you and I am so very excited for you and your family.
    Bless you
    Joni

21. Melissa says:

Ben looks so cozy! You will have a BIG story to tell him when he gets older!
    Much love to ALL the Mussers–bio, ransomed, newly born, or newly added! I will echo the above commenters and say, ‘Don’t forget to take care of YOU, Mama!’