Forty to Forever

January 31st, 2013

One of the lovely people I’ve been privileged to get to know over the past several years is a mom named Dalas.  She and her husband are a young couple with a desire to serve, and not at arms’-length!  They are hoping that God will eventually make it possible for them to bring one or more of the most passed-over of waiting children into their own family.

To quote my friend, “…my heart is so in the place of adopting a child who has little chance of finding another family.” 

But while they’re waiting eagerly to see whether God opens that door, they are not sitting passively on their hands!  Far from it!

Dalas has been hard at work on a plan to help forty waiting children into families.

Yes, forty.

In her own words,

“My goal is to raise $20,000 for 40 children during Lent.  I call it Forty Days to Forever.

[NOTE: For those like our family who don’t observe a traditional church calendar, Lent this year begins on Wednesday, February 13 and ends on Saturday, March 30.]

Here is how it works.  We will be posting a daily Lenten devotional and giveaway.  Each day we will be featuring a different child with the goal of raising $500 a day.  80% of whatever is raised on the day a child is featured will go toward that child’s adoption.  The other 20% will go toward our “Honored Guest” which is the child we are focusing our fundraiser on for the campaign.  This year we will be advocating for Lina on Reece’s Rainbow.”

 

Tiny Lina is not getting the care she needs to thrive, and her condition is deteriorating rapidly~

lina-3

 

Wow!!!  This is not a small dream…but our God is not a small God, either!

Please go to the Forty Days to Forever website and read more about the many ways you can be part of this work of compassion.

Then be ready to pray, fast, give, share, and volunteer.

 

 

 

Share it!

8 Responses to “Forty to Forever”

  1. Corey Burge says:

    Beautiful Lina! My heart jumped when I saw your post. I’ve been sharing Lina’s picture for the last couple of months and praying a family will bring her home soon. Such a precious beautiful little face.

  2. Love you so much Susanna!   Thank you so so much!  Just so the rest of you (reading comments) know… we’re one of the families in the 40 Days to Forever event.  We’re adopting “C” (from Katie’s old orphanage).  There are other families participating in this event whose children are from the same country (and a couple from the same orphanage) as Katie!
    If you can spare a few prayers… our court date is tomorrow!

  3. Melissa says:

    Thank you so much for your support and encouragement on our efforts to bring more precious children home!

  4. Dalas says:

    Susanna thank you so much for sharing us with your readers!!  I am humbled and overjoyed to have your encouragement and support!  You are such a blessing to so many.  I pray that Forty to Forever will also be a blessing to the families and children we are advocating for.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

    Love in Christ,
    Dalas

  5. Randi says:

    Thank you for sharing.  Our family is one that is featured.  We are being blessed with two lovely, six-year-old girls.  I cannot wait to get them home!

  6. Sandra says:

    Thanks so much for posting about Forty to Forever. We are all excited and anxious at the same time to see how God will work wonders through this fundraiser. We hope many will come to know our 40 children & to love them as we do…

  7. Maureen says:

    I look forward to praying along with other families in the process as we are!! Several familiar faces too :D

  8. Lydia says:

    Thank you, Susanna!  The sweet girl I advocate for will be included as well.  I hope her family will see her!  Please click here to find out more about my beautiful Giselle:  http://reecesrainbow.org/12884/giselle901

RSS feed for comments on this post. And trackBack URL.

Leave a Reply