Final morning

January 11th, 2013

We’ve had a totally unexpected sort of week here, one full of gifts!  But it left next to no time for blogging.

The post full of photos will wait for the time and physical and emotional energy to make it a photo journal and do it justice.

Until then, I cannot tell you how much it has meant this week to know that so many of you are reading between the lines and praying hard.  Thank you.  God has used you this week as surely as He has used all the others we’ve seen Him use here in Tommy’s country and we are eternally grateful!  We’ve seen God at work in a satisfying way and I can’t wait to tell you more!

As we leave our hotel room for the final visit with Tommy, I’ll leave you with the promised video from Tuesday morning~

33 Responses to “Final morning”

1. Carol says:

Praying for you as you say goodbye!

2. Linda says:

It must be so hard to say goodbye to such a wonderful little boy. I’m so looking forward to seeing more photos of Tommy, and reading how the orphanage is changing.
    Wishing you a safe journey home!

3. Taylor-Tots says:

What a sweet, beautiful boy!  Prayers for peace as you get ready to leave him for a while.  Can’t wait to hear and see more of what God is doing at the orphanage!

4. Becki says:

Susanna… is that a shoebox on the table? Have operation christmas child/samaritains purse visited Tommy’s orphanage? I was wondering if they had! My Mum is a co-ordinator for the UK! x

5. Kim says:

Sweet, sweet boy…

6. Gina in Spain says:

He is a doll…and yes, he can learn!!!!!! : )) Still praying for you! : )))

7. Kristie says:

I never thought I would be moved to tears by watching a boy put a toy into a cup, but it was so powerful to see how despite everything he has been through he still has such a spirit and willingness to interact and learn!

Becki, yes, those shoeboxes were from Samaritan’s Purse, but we think they were sent from a different country than the UK. The children were just receiving their boxes, and it made a wonderful sensory bin for Tommy! Very special!

9. Deanna says:

Delightful!
    We enjoyed a yummy meal here with that delightful family of yours – we could all tell Verity is missing you!  She was having nothing to do with any of us!  I love that girl!
    Love seeing that video!  He so quickly put it in the cup and could shake, shake, shake it!

Awesome!

10. Jennifer says:

Susanna, your video really touches me.  We learned that there were several families from our agency that considered our son before we did – before we ever were with our agency or anything.  Some of them turned it down because he didn’t fit what they were looking for but some turned down his information because they were given horrible reports from the doctors.  One lady from my group said she had seen Joshua’s file and was told by her doctors that he would “always” be the way he was (non verbal, institutionalized, etc).  I couldn’t believe it.  I know this was orchestrated by God, because he was meant to be our son.  But we stepped out in faith and as it turns out, the very dire predictions about him are just not true.  Your video reminds me of this…of course he can learn.  And he will flourish now.  No, he may never be all he could have been because of his neglect and special needs.  But it’s not always so scary.  We are seeing this first hand and couldn’t be more happy.  So glad to hear your week has gone well and hope you can write and post pictures very soon!

11. Lori says:

Tommy is just adorable, and SMART!  I can’t wait until he is home and growing and thriving in your family.  Praying for a safe trip home.

12. Julie says:

Love the video! Precious!

13. Thanks for sharing that video of Tommy!  What a precious little boy he is!!  I can only imagine how hard it must be to say goodbye to Tommy.  Praying here for your safe return and for the many requests heard and unheard.

So glad your week went well, our plans are not God’s plans!

14. Lia says:

Tears in my eyes after watching you and Tommy!  Such a beautiful boy!  I’ve been praying and I am in awe to hear all that is being answered.

15. Gail K. says:

Love the video and will continue to pray!

16. Kim says:

Oh sweet Tommy your Mama loves you so much!  What a joy to finally be able to kiss your cheeks.
    Susanna I’m praying for your trip home and your heart to find peace.  I know it will be hard for you to leave this boy!  Jesus will stay right by his side…and us Catholics believe.. his angel has always been with him.
    Come home safe sweet friend!

17. Missy says:

What a joyful video. I am once again amazed and thankful to God.

18. Susan says:

What a happy, joy-filled little boy! Tommy is going to thrive and make rapid progress, once he’s home with his family. The current “before” and “after” photos are so telling – can’t wait to see the “still later” pictures!
    Praying that the remainder of your trip goes smoothly, and that things continue to go smoothly, justly and productively for Tommy, the other children in his orphanage, its wonderful new director, and all the other caring individuals involved with the children.
    Have a safe trip home-
    Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 from EE

19. Elizabeth says:

Sweet, sweet boy! What a squeal of delight!

20. Cindy says:

I think we all understand why you can’t do justice to photos right now.  Put all your energy into your task at hand.  The video is great, seems like he’s ready to come to  “Musser’s Therapy Center” for all that love filled teaching you all give so well.
    Thanks for sharing!

21. Valerie says:

Angel boy!  Love him.  Thanks for the video!!

22. Kathy says:

He seems so joyful! Thank you for the posts you’ve made throughout your visit; I love reading about Tommy and the work God is doing through your trip. Praying for your heart as you leave!

23. Jaclyn says:

Continued prayers as you journey home. I loved the video of Tommy. He is precious! I am so thankful God has allowed you to have such a blessed week!!!

24. Stephanie B. says:

SOBBING during naptime in Virginia.  Praying hard every day for so many things that surround you and this adoption and his country and.. and.. and…  *sob*

25. Alexandra says:

What a precious son, Susanna!  He is so adorable and so smart!  Praying for you all through the difficult process of leaving him and praying that the rest of the adoption will go smoothly so that Tommy will soon be home in America where he belongs with his family!!

26. Teresa says:

Oh my, how adorable. I’ll continue to pray for you all!

27. Barb says:

I too can not wait to “watch” his progress. Blessings to you as you travel…

28. Anna T says:

Praying for you and blessed by the video.  You probably have your “own” stories, however, a girl at Lauren’s school has CP (she was a micro-preemie and a miracle to be here).  She is in 7th grade, sings in chorus, walks, etc, etc…  Most importantly she is beautiful on the outside and inside!  Praying for you as you place Tommy into Jesus’ arms and get ready to make your trip back home.  Praying that his adoption goes as fast as possible now and that he will be coming home soon!!  ((Hugs)), prayers and love!!

29. Maureen says:

Loved the video!!  Safe travels!!

30. Gretchen V. says:

What a blessing! Thanks for sharing. My heart is with you during this process, as are my prayers. Godspeed! (And I mean that in every sense!) XO!

31. Dee says:

He is absolutely beautiful! Love that gorgeous smile!

32. Kami says:

I’m a faithful reader of your blog, and I’m not sure if I’ve ever commented before. I just wanted to tell you how the Lord is using you in my own life. My husband and I intend to adopt as soon as the door is open, and your love for Jesus and ALL of His children shines so radiantly that God is using you to challenge my thinking and soften my heart, to help me reorder my priorities and challenge the status quo.
    I look forward to following your journey as long as you continue to share it. Thank you!

33. Merideth says:

I am in complete and total utter love! Tommy is FABULOUS!  I could not be happier for you!