It’s Tommy’s Time!!!

October 22nd, 2012

Dear friends,

Our hearts are already so full to see your immediate and generous response to every fundraiser for Tommy.  We can hardly believe how many Tommy candles you have bought in the first three days of Becky’s sale!  She is already hard at work filling your orders!

Some more friends have been working diligently to get the It’s Tommy’s Time auction up and rolling by midnight last night!

Have you visited the It’s Tommy’s Time website yet to check out the many lovely and creative items offered for your bidding pleasure?

Words really cannot express the deep thankfulness in our hearts for every one of you and what you have done to help bring our little Tommy-boy home.

We received another priceless and unexpected gift from a recent visitor to Tommy’s orphanage,

“I met your Tommy.  :) What an absolutely beautiful, smiling child.  How he finds joy in such circumstances is amazing, but I told him his family would soon be with him, and gave him hugs and love. It was a special moment!”

After almost sixteen years, it’s Tommy’s time!

Let the bidding begin!!!

12 Responses to “It’s Tommy’s Time!!!”

1. sabrina says:

Beautiful new pictures of Tommy! Love his smile!

2. Mandy says:

Wow-the pictures are great and definately a gift-so nice to see him sitting up and smiling and finally filling out a little-what a joy! Can’t wait to see what a difference a family will make. Just a little glimmer of the blessing Timmy will be to your family :)

3. Becky K. says:

Could Tommy possibly be more sweet?  Reminds me of certain little girlie I’ve come to love.  I cannot wait to hear about his waking up with awe at his new loving surroundings!

4. Rebekah says:

He is so cute! I love his smile. How special it will be when he is living a life that is worth smiling over!

5. Mary Kathryn says:

Hi, Susanna! It’s me again :) I’ve started the process of using my ebook’s profits to fun bringing the children home :)  So excited!!! It’s a little, tiny beginning, but (like you), I’m praying and hoping and trusting that God will do big things with it. Whatever He does, will be good. Here’s the blog post where i announce it, if you want to read. http://mkatchris.blogspot.com/2012/10/operation-tad-has-begun.html
    And if you think I need to change anything in the post, re, info about Pleven, etc., please just let me know.

Mary Kathryn, what a lovely and kindhearted thing to do! We aren’t supposed to publicly state Tommy’s location, so if you could think of a way to re-word that without ruining the paragraph, that would be great! He’s officially in, ahem, Eastern Europe. ;) Thank you so much for so courteously checking this with us, and THANK YOU for offering the sale of your book to help bring little Pleven treasures home! I’d love to have a copy myself; how should I pay for it?

7. Tommy’s joy is contageous! (((HUGS)))

8. Kim says:

Those pictures!!! What a treasure.

9. Mary Kathryn says:

Hey again — I’ll go adjust that part in the post :) You can just click on the book’s image on the right side bar of my blog, or you can go to Amazon directly and just search for “Three Against the Dark” by M.K. Christiansen. And I bet it will be a good fit for a handful of your kids, for reading :)

10. Angel says:

Susanna, I am so happy for Tommy and your family. Your blog opened my eyes to the these wonderful children in Eastern Europe. We have prayed and waited on God to get us in a place that we could act. We are now in process of adopting a baby boy from Eastern Europe with Down Syndrome. Thank you for being a willing tool in opening our eyes so that we could open our arms! My family would appreciate your prayers as we navigate these new waters to get to our little treasure.

Angel, thank you so much for writing! We feel like we have front row seats to watch what God is doing!

Thank you so much for understanding, Mary Kathryn!