If we’re crazy…

September 23rd, 2012

“If we are ‘out of our mind,’ as some say, it is for God…”

From the first time we met him, our family doctor has been wholeheartedly supportive of our large family and of my judgment as a mom.  For some reason, he’s taken a liking to us, and always charges us the lowest possible price, or occasionally doesn’t charge us at all.  Whenever possible, the staff will call in a prescription for us without requiring an office visit.

Recently, he sat writing busily, filling in forms for our home study and dossier.

Without looking over his shoulder, he asked, “So is this it, or do you think you’ll be adopting again in the future?”

Joe didn’t miss a beat.  “Before I answer that question, have you signed the form stating that we’re in good mental health?”

P. S.  Just have to share a quick happy update!

If we put a morsel of food like a crispy Puff into the middle of Katie’s mouth, she now uses her tongue to move it over to one side between her molars to chew it!  Some of you will understand how significant this milestone is for her potential to speak!  Celebrating!!

P. P. S.  Yep, Joe answered Dr. P****, but we think he already knew the answer.  “We hope God lets us do this again!”

10 Responses to “If we’re crazy…”

1. Deanna Rabe says:

Love Joe’s humor!

Hurray for wonderful doctors, and Hurray for Miss Katie!

2. Mandy says:

That’s funny! Did Joe ever answer the question?

I agree, I’d rather be crazy and ‘out of my mind’ for God and welcome all the blessings He sends also!

Great job, Katie, on the eating!

3. Denise says:

LOVE this!!!

Great comeback!!  LOVE IT!!

4. Susan says:

Hmmm…perhaps “a divine(ly inspired) madness”?? ;-)

Your doctor sounds just great. How wonderful to have him on board as part of your support team!

Katie just gets prettier and prettier, and seems to be looking closer to her actual age as well, as her facial features lose the baby roundness and start becoming more child-like. She looks so happy in these pictures – and pink is definitely her color!

So glad things are moving along for Tommy…when do you expect to travel?

5. Jane says:

I am so glad you have his support!!!

The pictures of Katie just delight my heart. Thank you for sharing this new journey with us!

6. Christina D. says:

This post made my heart spontaneously cry, “I love you, Lord! Thank you for this family!”

P.S. Sanity is overrated. ;)

7. Jamie Weitzman says:

Ha Ha Love this!  Looking forward to following this adoption!

8. Good for you, Katie!!!!  That is great!

I’m so glad you have the doctor’s support.  That is wonderful and I do not think you are crazy; you are following the Lord.  :)

9. Dawn Wright says:

YES!!!  LOVE THIS!!!!!!  :)

I totally understand about the puff Michael is getting there too….slowly, but surely!

10. Missy says:

I’ve been curious about how you teach someone to do something inside of their mouths. Do you stick your finger in there and push it over for them? Do you put it in the side to start with but then can’t it just sit there and dissolve? Just curious and while I read lots of blogs about lots of kids with Down Syndrome that part doesn’t seem to get explained. But, I know it is always a happy happy moment when chewing begins! :)