From the random scribbly scrawls on my blogging notepad…
1) PLEASE keep those notes for the new Pleven director coming! She should be getting the first batch early this coming week. Just imagine her face when she opens the packet and begins to read!
I was thrilled this week to hear that she has fired some of the staff, which means we need to pray for caring people to fill their shoes.
Thank you to everyone who has already written!
But if you’ve put off doing it, or think your note wouldn’t make a difference, please do it now. I have about a dozen notes waiting, and would love to see that pile at least double before it’s mailed to Bulgaria. I know that more than three dozen of you are glad that Pleven has a new director, but I’d like her to know it, too!
If you have children, you could put them around the table with paper and markers and have them design thank you cards for Dr. Dessisslava Georgieva! All it needs to say is “thank you.” This kindness will cost you so little and make such a big difference!
I’m setting a goal of about one hundred notes, and we’re only a quarter of the way there. So I’ll unfortunately be compelled to keep on bugging you periodically until that goal is reached.
Please mail your notes to us. For our mailing address, please email me at email@example.com.
2) Some of you have been faithfully praying for a major request without knowing any details about it. I want you to know that God is continuing to answer your prayers. This week, He opened another door in a big way. It may be many months before I am at liberty to give details, so I am more grateful than I can express for those of you who are willing to tenaciously pray without knowing anything more. The answers to these prayers will have a more far-reaching effect than you might imagine!
3) And for those of you who are praying for our adoption process to move quickly, He is also saying “Yes,” to this request so far.
We ran into one unexpected obstacle that could have stopped the whole adoption, but we didn’t have to hold our breath very long this time. It was resolved in less than twelve hours, thank the Lord! It only added one extra, easily-fulfilled requirement which has now been fulfilled.
For our praying friends, even though we are too pressed for time to write detailed adoption updates, know that your prayers are availing much!
4) A young girl named Hannah has been moved to do something kind for the little ones in Pleven and in other places. Read all about Hannah Hopes in this blog post, and maybe even send some help her way!
5) Amy, the future mama of Bianca who’s waiting in Pleven, had a creative idea to help raise funds to bring their treasure home and bless some other Pleven treasures at the same time. Please read all about Owls for Orphans in Amy’s own words.
Here’s what I wrote to Amy after our girls received their owls–
“These owls are so very cute! I really, really like them for our little girls. They’re bigger than I expected them to be [7 1/2+ inches across the base and 9 1/2+ inches tall]. Very lightweight, though, and squeezable, and those little ears are just right for small hands to grab. Katie took to hers right away and felt it all over and rubbed it against her face and patted it and giggled. I would have taken a picture, but she and Verity were both recovering from a summer viral thing that gave them spots.”
The spots are gone, but now Katie’s left eye is a bit swollen due to having just had the tear duct stent removed. She had pulled it out partway on the day I was taking her to DuPont anyway–smart girl! Her pediatric ophthalmologist said I can remove the other stent myself when it begins to come out, so no more trips to DuPont until the New Year, Lord willing!
6) We were reminded this week that we will not be able to apply for fundraising support (the ability to make donations tax-deductible), until our home study is written, as we have to send that in with our application. We are planning to go through Lifesong for Orphans for fundraising support again this time, as they were so marvelous to work with during Katie’s adoption.
7) After some feedback, and much consideration, we’ve decided to do an auction rather than a giveaway. We don’t want this to interfere in any way with the Hidden Treasures auction, so we’re tentatively setting our sights on Monday, October 22nd to Saturday, October 27th.
8) A few of the children in Pleven who appeared in this post have families working to be able to commit to them, and I hope to be able to announce their good news soon! If you haven’t done so already, would you be willing to share that post? Thank you so much, friends!
9) Katie has shown some real progress in a few key areas recently, and I’m working on a brief update for you. With photos.
10) If we didn’t mention it already, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has given, for responding so lovingly and generously to the news of Tommy’s adoption! You are a blessing to us!