These words mean something different to us now.

June 10th, 2012

I’m lonely.

I’m hungry.

I’m starving.

I don’t have anything to do.

I’m tired of waiting.

Nobody likes me.

I need

And they cannot say these words for themselves.

“Open your mouth for the speechless,
In the cause of all who are appointed to die.

Open your mouth, judge righteously,
And plead the cause of the poor and needy.”

In loving memory of one of the voiceless ones~

10 Responses to “These words mean something different to us now.”

1. Saige says:

When ever I see someone post about Heath on their blog, as you did, my heart skips a beat. I am so happy to see how others pray and care for him too. I have been keeping track of his adoption fund since April to see how it grows, its been thrilling to watch how God has been providing for him. I wish I would have started keeping track sooner then April because I remember back in December it was at something like $240. See how it has grown…..
    4-6-12: $6,165.94
    6,395.94
    5-8-12: $6,755.94
    5-15-12: $8,755.94
    5-18-12: $8,980.94
    5-31-12: $9,070.94
    6-4-12: $9,115.94
    6-7-12: $9,133.94

Love, Saige

2. Sharon Robbins says:

Saige, I have been a Prayer Warrior for Heath (and Ekaterina- the 3rd picture) since the middle of February and I’ve also watched his grant climb.  My prayer for him is that, while he waits for his family, God with send his angels to sit with him and visit while he is alone.  I picture those alone times filled with whispers of God’s love for him- preparing him to hear those same things whispered to him by a mama.  Words that will be familiar and comforting when he leaves the world he’s always known and steps into a family.  I pray that he will become visible and his family will also hear God’s whisper to go to him and bring him home.

3. Saige says:

Sharon, thats more or less the same prayer I have been praying for him too!!! Amazing. I pray God specifically whisper words of love and comfort to the depths of his little heart!!! Thank you for praying for him.

4. Susan says:

The story of “Lynette” (whose real name was Tsveti) breaks my heart..she waited so long, but was never found. Thank you for sharing these additional heartbreaking pictures and for advocating so unceasingly for all the other waiting children…

Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 from EE

5. Kim says:

Saige and Sharon, another Heath lover here!!!  I share about him wherever I go.  Slavik and Alyona were supposed to be visiting his orphanage this last week.  They are going once a month now and Alyona knows to watch for our sweet boy!!!  I pray Jesus holds Heath in His arms until his Mommy and Daddy come for him.
    Just wanted you to know we pray for him too.  Thanks for getting his picture out there Susanna!!!

6. Sharon Robbins says:

I am so thrilled to realize how many warriors God has placed round about these children (and feeling small and foolish to have considered anything less!)  We serve a mighty God!

7. Valerie says:

My heart aches for all the Tsveti’s out there.  Thank you for such a sobering yet necessary post, Susanna.  And convicting one.  I can’t count the number of times my sons and nephews have called out dramatically, “I’m *starving*!  When’s dinner?”…I think I’ll pin this post to remind them (and myself!) of just how fortunate and blessed we really are!

8. Leah says:

Another Heath warrior over here! Saige, I did a Giveaway fundraiser back in January/February for Heath. His grant was $640 before & after my fundraiser ended it was over $2,000. Their are lots of us praying for Heath to find a family! Thanks susanna for featuring these kids!

9. Sue says:

Saige & friends,

I am also a Heath warrior!  I have contributed to him multiple times and get more and more optimistic as his grant grows that a family may gain some confidence to come forward for him.  I’m always drawn back to him and check on him regularly.  I desperately want to hear an update and pray that his family will come forward soon.

The neat thing is that I’ve noticed that when I make a contribute to Heath’s fund (or any of the other older boys I adore) that soon afterwards someone else will add to it.

I know there are many of us out here watching over him and I pray he is well and safe.

I’m posting this comment here for Heather, who accidentally commented on Alexandra’s photo, not knowing that the comments to photos don’t show up publicly.

Thank you, Heather, for writing!

Heather said,

I posted about this sweet girl last year.  http://heather912.blogspot.com/2010/12/saving-alexandra.html  Her special need is that she, basically, will have to be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life.  Our city mayor has this disease!  And although someone with osteogenesis imperfecta does have to be more careful about breaking bones, Vance Cheek Jr. is an excellent example of a life WELL LIVED in spite of what one calls a disability.  What’s a wheelchair in America these days anyway?  Lots of folks have them, and many places are accessible.  It’s so not a big deal.  I hope someone will go and GET HER!”