Look Ma, no…

May 8th, 2012

…tape on my face!

…more tape changes at least daily because of disgusting, loose tape peeling off near my nose!

…tube in my nose and throat!  Or having to put it back in after I pulled it out!

…more syringes and tube flushes and Press and Seal on the port end!

…need for you to put my milk into a tube to get it to my belly, because I can drink!!!   Okay, so it takes me just under an hour to drink eight ounces, but that’s down from almost two hours so I’m getting faster, and I know you don’t care how long it takes, because…

…best of all…

No need for a g-tube!  Hallelujah!!!

P. S.  I think maybe the only reason you can’t hear my mama whooping and hollering from where you live is that she has laryngitis!

get pregnant fastdiet to have a baby girl How do get pregnant youngest couple to have a babyman having baby

85 Responses to “Look Ma, no…”

1. Samantha says:

This brings tears of happiness to my eyes.  She is absolutely beautiful!

2. Jane says:

Susanna,

You did it again! Another Katie post that made my day!  What sweet, good, good news!  Go Katie! We all love you all so much!  Keep on growing and being together and experiencing LIFE!  Love, Jane in CA

3. Lauren says:

Praising God for this!!!! Praying that you will get well and the others in your family don’t get sick, this is a time to CELEBRATE! :)

4. Alexandra says:

Congratulations!!!  What wonderful news! :)  And such amazing progress in so little time!  Katie truly is an inspiration!  And so cute, too :)

5. Rebecca says:

So excited for you guys!!!!!!!! Katie is Sooooo beautiful!!!

6. Amanda says:

So excited for you all!  I know how excited I was when Julianne no longer needed the gtube and could take all her liquids by mouth!  :)  She is so beautiful and changing so quickly!  Praising God!

7. Melissa says:

So glad for Katie! Woo Hoo! Can’t even tell she’s the same girl!

8. Rita from Spain says:

YAY!!! WHO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! So happy for you and Katie!!! You made my day!!! Katie, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

9. Rochelle Wilson says:

That is soooooooooooo great!!!  What a blessing to hear this! Keep going little Katie!

10. So happy to hear and such good work, precious Katie!!!!  Good for you!!!!  We are cheering for you here in Canada.  :)  You are such a beautiful little girl and it just amazes me on how much you have learned and grown these past 6 months.  You are such a miracle!!

Susanna, I was thinking about you and Katie off and on yesterday and wondered how it was going and I was thrilled when I saw this post!!!!

Much prayers and hugs!!!

11. Susanna, I just wanted to add, I pray your voice returns soon!!  I hope we didn’t make you talk to much at the picnic!  ((((hugs))))  I was encouraged and inspired by our time together.  May the Lord bless you abundantly and fill you with strength for each new day.

12. Christina says:

Praise God!!!!!!  What a huge blessing!!!

13. anne ross says:

WOW!!!! look at the face!  this is a new creation, a different child in every aspect!! She is beautiful, precious and so full of joy!!! This post speaks VOLUMES to the value of ALL LIFE!!!!!

14. Sadie says:

I can hear you for sure!!!  :)  PRAISE THE LORD!

15. Anne says:

Oh Katie Girl, for one who is mostly non-verbal, your life SHOUTS of God’s restoration more than anyone verbal can possibly say in words. I am amazed, in awe and tears every time I see you accomplish things. You are a blessing, a miracle and a testament to the power of family and love.

16. Sarah says:

Oh, what joy I feel when I see the happiness in her face, and hear it through your words! Thank You, Jesus for the amazing progress Katie has made in such a short period of time!!!

17. Cynthia McClellan says:

She does not look like the same child! She is beautiful, glowing, and happy.  God bless you all!

18. Kara says:

She is beautiful and your family is amazing.  You all make me smile and are an inspiration and a blessing.  Thank you!

19. YAY!  She is such a doll.  Her smile is infectious!

20. Julie says:

That is such wonderful news!  I love these pictures and I’m so glad she doesn’t have to get the g tube.

21. What an amazing LOOK WHAT GOD CAN DO story… Because you wanted to be His hands and feet! Wonderful!

22. Merideth says:

This post stunned me in a good way and left me in tears also in a good way. Look at that beautiful little girl, that has joy reflected on her face! “Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it.” What a change in this little sweetheart from that most horrific video to now. It’s just incredible! So grateful to watch your love in action and see the amazing lives its changing. How lucky I am to be a part of it all.

Much much love,

Merideth

23. Merideth says:

PS her hair is getting so so long!!!

24. Saige says:

Love this child.

25. Mel says:

Susanna, I’ve had a rough evening, and I have to tell you that this post has me totally bawling!!  God has been so faithful in bringing your Sweet Katie through this chapter of her life.  Such a blessing!!  Thank you again so much for sharing her with us!!

26. Shari says:

What a cutie!

27. Rachel says:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Alison says:

That’s brilliant!!!!!!!!

29. adriana says:

Wow, way to go Katie!!!

So proud of you sweet girl!!
    And so thankfull God gave you this mama who so loving and patiently encourages you to take the hurdles and all your siblings and a daddy to cheer you on!!!

30. Dawn Wright says:

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Anna T says:

YEA!!  How very exciting!!  Thank you Jesus that she is doing so well!!  Praying that you are feeling better dear friend!!

32. Jennifer says:

Look at that beautiful girl!!! Way to go, Katie!!

33. Joy says:

Such a beautiful, happy smile, and a beautiful girl!

34. Gigi from NJ says:

Soo proud of you Katie Girl!!  Your smile brightens my day!!  Love you!!  xoxo

35. Colleen says:

Oh, praise the Lord! What a joy it was to read this post! Look at her face! Such a delightful child!