I cried to the LORD with my voice

May 29th, 2012

“I cried to the LORD with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill!”

Today or tomorrow, I plan to publish a brief update about Pleven and some of the children who are being adopted.  In it, I want to list several vital prayer requests, as well as remind you that the next Hidden Treasures fundraiser auction opens this Friday, June first, at midnight, to help bring sweet Makayla home!

But yesterday, I received an email with news that could possibly mean something wonderful and far-reaching.  It is also something that the enemy will resist with all his strength.  So I am compelled to come to you, asking if you would be willing to pray fervently without knowing any more details, perhaps for a long time.  Perhaps some of you will also fast as well as pray.

Pray fervently that a huge, high, heavy door that is cracking open will swing wide.  Pray with confidence in the goodness of the God who is our only hope!  Thank you, friends!  I know that so many of you have given and given and prayed and prayed, and we consider ourselves truly privileged to be on this journey with you!

Please keep on asking, keep on seeking, keep on knocking!

14 Responses to “I cried to the LORD with my voice”

1. Terri White says:

Praying!  (My mom says often not knowing the details is the best way to pray because then it keeps us from trying to “meddle” with our own strength! :-)

2. Susan says:

Praying for all barriers to the right and good to be swept away…and looking forward to the Pleven updates. Thank you so much for keeping on top of this, and for sharing what is happening.

Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 from EE

3. Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find: Knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives: and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knock, the door will be opened.  Mt 7:7-8.
    This passage came to mind when reading and I will offer prayers to our Lord for his intercession. Grace and peace be with you and all who seek the Kingdom of God.

4. Tammy says:

Joining you in prayer from KS!!

5. Jane says:

You got it!

6. Galit says:

Praying for you today!

7. Rachel says:

My girls and I will continue to pray.
    I just saw that Lina was liberated!!!  Was it just the photos or has she actually gained some weight?  she looked so much healthier than in the very first pics I saw of her.  Rejoicing she is in her mommy’s arms!!
    This is so encouraging to see.  To pray and wait and see that God has answered and rescued her.  This encourages me to continue to be a prayer warrior on behalf of these little ones.  My constant prayer is, “Lord, if you don’t send me, send someone!”

8. Cinderellamommy says:

Joiningthou in prayer from Wisconsin!

9. Missy says:

Praying that God’s will is done.

10. Lauren says:

Praying for God’s will and that the hearts, arms and pocketbooks of mankind will be opened for these children. Thank you for keeping all of us up to date!

11. Heather says:

Thinking of the curtain that stood between us and God and how with Jesus’ surrender of his soul it was ripped in two.  May this door be torn down in the same triumpant manner!  Praying…praying…praying…

12. Heather says:

Still praying.  Still hoping.  Still believing.  Our Lord is faithful.  He is victorious.  He will work all things together for his glory, even the things we can’t understand and can’t believe.  He is our rock.  He goes before you in battle.  The battle belongs to the Lord, he knew its outcome before it began.  We continue to pray and will continue to pray, we pray for change.  We pray that eyes are opened and hearts are stirred and that those who can make change, make change.  Thank you for fighting, thank you for being the hands and feet.