One by one…

April 27th, 2012

…we’re watching the doors of the Pleven baby house open up and the children come out!

[This photo was taken by Sasha Bliss in March of 2011.]

This week the doors opened to let one little boy go with his new daddy–the first child with special needs to be adopted after Katie!  His family has chosen to remain anonymous, but his mama has become a friend to me over the months since we first connected last August.  Could you pray for a safe journey home for little Niko and his daddy?

Two families spent the week in Pleven visiting their treasures!

To read about Tom Archer’s visits with his three boys this week, please visit the Archers’ blog.  Jacob, Noah, and Moses are three of the children I was granted permission to see and hold last August.  What joy to see them interacting with each other and their new daddy!

And Grace Knuth wrote eloquently on her blog about a remarkable week of visits with her sweet Samantha.

Could you pray for these four children, that the remainder of their adoption processes would be speedy so they can get on with the business of learning to live and love and grow and progress in their loving homes?  Thank you, friends!

There’s more big news from Pleven this week!

Guess who’s graduated to the My Family Found Me page on Reece’s Rainbow?

Hallelujah!  It’s true!  Sweet Sarah finally has a family!  What a treasure she is and how wonderful it will be to see her grow and progress once she’s safely home!

That means there are only three little ones with special needs from Pleven available for adoption right now!

Little Alyssa, waiting for a family for almost nine years.  Alyssa received a good baba, and now she is able to be adopted!  Please pray that her family steps forward for her quickly!  Email for more information:  shele337@yahoo.com

Little Gabby, turning three years old this year.  I can hardly wait to find out who will see past her diagnoses to the precious little girl she is!  For more information, please email Shelley Bedford at shele337@yahoo.com.

And tiny Sam, still waiting!  There is more than one family who wants to adopt Sam, but none of them have been able to commit yet.  Please keep praying for Sam!  I’m so eager to see which family God picks for this bright-eyed boy!  For more information about adopting him, please call (360) 383-0623 or email inquiry@chiadopt.com.

One more prayer request!  It’s another crucial time for the Pleven baby house–

A new director for the Pleven baby house should be appointed in the next couple of weeks.

Please pray fervently that the new director has the children’s best interests at heart!

The formula that the visiting families took to Pleven this week was turned down.  Pray that common sense will prevail regarding donations of outrageously expensive and urgently-needed specialty formula from the United States!

Thank you, friends, for praying so faithfully!  Thank you to everyone who is helping the Nurse/Baba fund to grow!  God is using your obedience to get His work done!  May He bless you for it as you are blessing the children!

9 Responses to “One by one…”

1. Mandy says:

So happy to see all these children finding families-and Sarah!! What wonderful news!

We’ll be praying!

2. Heather McFarland says:

Oh I’m just so happy and relieved about Sarah, we have been praying and praying and praying!  Thank you Jesus!!!!!!! We will continue to pray for the other children and that those in the orphanage would understand and accept all help offered for the children.

3. Jennifer says:

Oh I want to adopt little Sam so badly! I lose my breath everytime I see his photo. I requested his info and put all of his medical diagnoses in layman’s terms for my husband. He doesn’t think it’s the right time for us to adopt. His goal is to have a 4 bedroom home and receive a job promotion before we add a third child. I’ve been begging him everyday to please consider letting us adopt this little boy. I ask him every night to go to sleep and think about it. Sam looks like my boys with big eyes and brown hair. I can’t get him out of my mind. I know my husband is concerned about the initial expenses and then continuing medical expenses. I’d like to find some statistics on how many children get fully (or close to fully) funded. I know if it’s meant to be that everything will fall into place, but gosh it’s hard waiting!

4. Kara says:

Turned down? Turned down? I am so angry. I will be praying hard that all of these sweeties are found soon.

5. Ashlee says:

Oh I’m so happy to hear about Sarah! Praise God! And I’ve been praying urgently for the other three. Little Sam reminds me so much of my son.

6. Ann says:

I am so Happy Sarah found her family!!! and for the other children comming home or soon to be on their way!  I can’t believe the gift of formula was turned down….It just makes me want to cry, were they able to take it to another home? I know another donation is leaving next week when Little Clara gets to go home with her Mama.. I pray they donation will be accepted!!!

7. Monique says:

Why would they turn it down?  That just makes me so mad!!  I am praying for all these children and rejoice when I hear of another one coming home.

8. vicky Theroux says:

How do we get information on Sam?  I am homestudy ready and have sent some paperwork to be apostilled..  No agency seems to be handling these files.  Wacap does this region, but they only have healthy-looking  children, not a single plevin baby

9. Jennifer says:

Did I hear correctly (from another blog) that Sam has a family now?  (I hope).  Either way, the doors are being flung open in Pleven.  I cannot wait…I CANNOT WAIT to get there.  With our fingerprints done, I just pray for a fast I 800 A.  God will figure out the funding if things move “too quickly”.  Nothing is too quick for my boy.  Let the doors of that Place fly open with children racing to new homes.