EMERGENCY. FAMILY NEEDED.

April 11th, 2012

Some of us have been fervently praying for a little girl named Harmony.  You may remember her from the Mulligan Stew Fundraiser.

Now we need to cry out to the Lord for a miracle for her!

We knew this precious little girl was literally running out of time to be adopted, because although she looks like she is nine or ten years old, she’ll be turning sixteen this July.

[Please do not copy this photo!]

But we just learned that because of the Hague adoption rules and adoption process of her country, in order for Harmony to be adopted…

…she needs a family to step forward quickly who is “already home study-approved, has their USCIS approval, and is registered with the officials from her country,” otherwise she will live out her years in a mental institution.

[For the name of Harmony’s country, please email Andrea at andrea@reecesrainbow.org.  I’m not allowed to post it publicly with her name and photos.]

It is already too late for anyone who does not fit those requirements.

This is such a long shot!

It sounds so impossible! Like looking for a needle in a giant haystack!

But we have a God who delights to do the impossible!  I don’t know what God will do, but I do know that He can do this!

[Please do not copy this photo!]

PLEASE DO TWO SMALL THINGS

1)  Send the link to this blog post out to everyone you know, and ask them to help find a little girl a family by passing the word along.  Spread the word as if you yourself would be sent to a mental institution if a family didn’t come for you.  The more people who see this post, the better!  It only takes one family.

2)  PRAY!  PRAY!  PRAY for a miracle!  Pray as if your time to have a family were running out and in a few months you would lose the opportunity forever!

If YOU fit the three requirements above, please don’t waste a second!  Email Andrea from Reece’s Rainbow and she’ll tell you what you need to do next.  andrea@reecesrainbow.org

I looked over this country’s adoption process, and was flabbergasted at how much easier it appears to be than the one we just did!  It takes slightly longer, but it is less complicated.  Also, they sometimes waive the family size restrictions in cases of urgent need!

NOTE:  PLEASE DO NOT COPY HARMONY’S PHOTOS FROM THIS BLOG.

I only have permission to post them if this prohibition is made absolutely clear.  Please copy the link to this post instead, and send that to as many people as you can.  Thank you so much for doing this!

20 Responses to “EMERGENCY. FAMILY NEEDED.”

1. Yvette says:

Please can you let us know what Asian country she is in – it would make a huge difference on who is qualified

I am emailing you, Yvette! I’m not allowed to post her country in the same post where I use her name and photo!

3. Jane says:

Susanna,
    Thank you for this. I have been praying for Harmony AND Laurel, whose time is running out as well…pray pray for these two beautiful girls…

4. Carissa says:

You can disable “right-clicks” on images on your blog, thereby removing the ability of people to take the image from your blog.

Here is an example of code that works for that:

God bless you Susanna!  Praying for a family to step up and rescue this sweet young lady!

Jane, you can pray for the family who is working like mad toward committing to Laurel! God is already doing mountain-moving for them!

6. Amy says:

I shared on a country-specific (Harmony’s country) yahoo group that I belong to. Praying her mama sees her and scoops her up! She is precious!

7. Rebecca says:

My daughter and I are pouring over your recent posts…crying and praying.  We watched the video to see Sam…we were surprised around the 8 minute mark…isn’t that Katie?!?!  It made our hearts go into our throats to peek into the past and yet know Katie’s present.  I’ve shared the post.  We’re praying.  I’m crying…but with HOPE because I KNOW what God can do.

8. Rebecca says:

7:44… I had to go back and watch again.  Oh Glorious Father…you amaze me.

9. Miriam says:

Glad to hear the news about Laurel. My husband and I have been especially praying for her, and will continue to pray. Susanna, I found your blog from Julia Nales’s, and have been so encouraged by how God is using you and Katie to change many lives. There is so much power in simple obedience.

Yes, that is Katie with her baba! That video is how I recognized her baba, since we first watched it less than two weeks before my trip to see Katie in August!

Oh Amy, THANK YOU, friend!!! Please let me know if there is any response! Is everyone there helping to spread the word further?

Carissa, how thoughtful of you to help me out like that! Thank you, and thank you for praying for a family for sweet Harmony!

Rebecca, THANK YOU for helping to spread the word, and for your tender heart!

14. Kim Zim says:

Praying and believing in faith that Harmony’s paper-ready family will be in touch SOON!!  I’m so glad you posted and I’m trying to also get the word out….

15. Samantha says:

I just put it on my Facebook page.  Thank you for sharing this.

16. Susan says:

I am so thankful to read that there’s a family working hard to commit to Laurel, who was on my church’s prayer list Easter Sunday and who was featured in our newsletter last week. Now, let’s get those wheels turning for Harmony, as well! Such sweet girls, both of them, with an abundance of potential…

Thanks again for all you do….bless you for being a voice for the voiceless.

Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 teens (how’d that happen so fast??) from EE

17. Debbie McDonald says:

I also put Harmony’s story  link to your blog onmy  facebook page and my 17 year old grand daughter did too. We used the hidden treasures thumbnail picture to obey the rules about Harmony’s picture. I am praying for her and  Iwill add Laurel’s  family to be to my prayer list. Katie bird looks so lovely I hope to see pictures of all your children again soon.

18. CHRISTINE says:

Not to comment jack, but I see there are 2 new lovies listed from Pleven on RR. Adorable boys! Can’t wait to see their story unfold with the rest!

19. ElizabethG says:

Still praying for Harmony and forencouragement for you Susanna

ElizabethG, thank you so much. I have sorely needed it, and God is answering your prayer!