And this precious girl…

April 21st, 2012

Remember sweet Laurel, from the Mulligan Stew giveaway?  She was in urgent need of a family to adopt her before July in order to escape a future in an Eastern European adult mental institution.  My friend Colleen saw Laurel, and showed her photo and story to her husband, Nate.

When I heard about his reaction to seeing her photo, I knew.

They’d better be ready to watch God move mountains.  ‘Cause He’s moving.

I’ve been holding my breath to be able to tell you…

LAUREL HAS A FAMILY!!!

This pleasant and intelligent young lady has a future and a hope!!!!  She has a wonderful family who loves her with all their hearts, working as hard as they can to get to her as fast as they can!

Nate and Colleen and their children have already seen God move in remarkable ways to help them adopt Laurel.  If you want to see how He continues to write her story in the months ahead, please visit Colleen’s blog, Homespun Hearts for God’s Glory.

Oh, thank You, Jesus!!!!!

14 Responses to “And this precious girl…”

1. Missy says:

I was so excited when I saw Laurel on the My Family Found Me page. Susanna, I am being overwhelmed by all the good God has done and I have been blessed to see.

2. Dawsyn Vilardo says:

Yeahhhhhhhhh

3. Kathryn says:

So thankful to see Laurel on MFFM!  I’ve been praying for her for months and I’m so glad she’s finally going to have a future with a loving family!!  What a miracle!  This young woman has such a bright future ahead of her!! :)

4. Cinderellamommy says:

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

5. Rebecca says:

Oh thank you Father!!!  Happy tears…and praying for God to move those mountains.

6. Rachel M says:

Praise the Lord!! She has been on my mind so much lately!

7. Christine says:

So, so, so, so happy for that news!!! She looks to be a wonderful, fun, smart, beautiful young lady…and I know she will THRIVE with a great family.

Praise the Lord!!!!

8. Anna says:

Praise the lord! I’ve been praying for Laurel.
    Now let’s pray that the process goes smoothly for the remaining months left to bring her home.

9. Milena says:

I’m thrilled to hear that Laurel has a family! What wonderful news! And I’m happy to hear that her family are friends of yours – then they must be as lovely people as you are! Can’t wait to read the happy news of her meeting her very own family – and coming home with them!

10. Rilla says:

More than once I have looked at her picture and wished she could be my daughter. I am so glad she has a family.

11. Amy Rainey says:

Thank you, Lord!!

12. Monique says:

So excited for homes for these…praying yet

13. Denise says:

Susanna.. it was LAUREL that got us MOVING into this adoption area of ministry.

Seeing her PHOTO drew our hearts– in a BIG BIG BIG BIG WAY…. a way I never ever saw coming.    We feel in love with her and STILL talk about her daily– we LOVE LAUREL– we have never met her– but we KNOW GOD used HER to draw us to this “CRAZY” life!!  :)  :)

We cannot wait to see what child GOD really has in mind for us–

Tomorrow we send in the $$ for our homestudy and I will be submitting our “official” application to About a Child!!!!

I think this ride is going to move fast—- and because our hearts have been stirred in a BIG WAY!!