Our little Bulgarian beauty…

March 23rd, 2012

…is ten years old today!

Special thank you to Adam Boroughs, who bought these traditional Bulgarian clothes for Katie when he was in Bulgaria with us.  They looked so enormous for her back then, didn’ t they, Adam?  Before too long, we wondered if she’d outgrow your gift before she reached her birthday!

130 Responses to “Our little Bulgarian beauty…”

1. Lisa says:

I don’t think I’ve looked at a picture of Katie with completely dry eyes.  Now I get teary because she is just SO beautiful!  Those cheeks!  Every picture stirs up in me great thanks to God for her rescue and prayers for the other children who are still waiting.

2. Debbie Fitts (momys) says:

So glad Katie had a good day.  Your photos are beautiful!
    HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY  KATIE!

3. Wizzy says:

Happy birthday Katie!  What a beautiful girl!  I am not even sure how I stumbled upon this blog, but am so glad I did.  I am inspired by your advocacy for all of God’s children!  Thank youfor sharing your heart with all of us.  While we won’t be adopting any time soon, we are working towards moving to Uganda to work as missionaries there in an organization that works with orphans and fragile families. Children are very near and dear to our hearts!

4. Happy Birthday Katie!  You look beautiful!

5. Jessica (janns) says:

Happy Birthday Katie!! You are a beautiful girl. I love your dress. How very special to have a dress from your first country. You share a birthday with my oldest daughter. She turned 15 yesterday.

6. TEN YEARS! A true Miracle. Katie, I can’t imagine what you will be doing or how much you will grow in this new year of your life.
    Happy Happy Birthday, Precious Katie~ I love you, Jo

7. Connie says:

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!!!

8. Kim Zim says:

Oh how incredibly happy these photos make me!!!  Katie’s precious little life  is such an absolute miracle.  So much praise and thanks to her Heavenly Father and her earthly family!  God is good ALL the time indeed.  Happy Birthday little Katie bird.
    Adam Boroughs how extremely sweet and thoughtful to purchase such a lovely keepsake of her country of origin — LOVE, LOVE it!!!

9. Kathryn says:

Happy birthday to Katie!!!  She is such a beautiful miracle!  Congratulations on such wonderful day!!

10. Missy says:

Oh her Baba will love to see this picture. I love it and I’m not even Bulgarian! Thanks for sharing with us.

11. Christy says:

Happy birthday, Katie. Praise the LORD for the life of this child and for His preserving her to this day and for the forever family He gave her. :)

12. Valerie says:

The biggest happy birthday to you! You are near and dear to so many! XOXO

13. Debbie says:

happy birthday katie, and many happy returns of the day!
    you look like such a big girl in the pictures!

14. Laura F. says:

Oh, Katie, how you have grown since I first met you… your beautiful round face, your eyes full with life, your tender, loving smile… happy birthday, beautiful girl!

15. Happy birthday, Katie!! I love seeing her chubby face!! I tear up every time <3

16. Julie says:

Happy Birthday, Katie!!! What a true blessing you are to your family! Keep growing, and smiling! We pray for you daily!

Question: I clicked the chip in button, and it says my donation went to the Ukraine Ministries of Oklahoma?  I want the funds to go to Plevin, and hope there is not a mistake with where the money is going. May God continue to bless your family, and continue healing Katie at such a rapid rate! It is a joy to read about both of your “special” children, and your family is always in our prayers!
    Blessings, Julie

Julie, yes, this fund was set up through the UM of O (to get tax-deductible status), but it is designated 100% for the medical needs of the children in Pleven!

18. Susan says:

Happy Belated Birthday, Katie! You look beautiful in your Bulgarian outfit – it’s very becoming!

Tell your Mama-mama that I saw not one, but FIVE dolls who looked just like you when I was out of town this weekend! So I told the lady who was selling the vintage Dionne quintuplet dolls your story, and how to find the website, so she could see what a real live doll you are for herself.

I hope you had a wonderful time on your birthday, and cannot wait to see what surprises you have in store for the year ahead!

Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 from EE
    p.s. Those Dionne dolls’ outfits were not anywhere near as cute as yours!

19. Priscilla says:

Happy Birthday, Beautiful!

20. Jen says:

Happy Birthday Katie!!!!

21. Rita from Spain says:

Late on this..have been away the weekend!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AMAZING the difference in less then a year….She is adorable and siting so straight!!!!!!!!
    HUGS to all!

22. LeeAnn says:

BEAUTIFUL Katie! Happy Belated Birthday to one gorgeous little girl.
    God Bless you all.

23. JessicaD says:

Happy Birthday to a very special girl. You have blessed many more people than you will ever know!

24. Sharon says:

Hi, I’ve never posted on your blog before but I’ve been a dedicated follower for quite a while. I need to come out of the woodwork and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE !!! What a beautiful little princess of the King you are !! Sorry my post is a few days late. My excuse is that last week was crazy busy with us finalizing our little girl’s adoption !!!!

25. Amber Byler says:

Happy Birthday Katie I am so sorry I missed posting this we have been on spring break. We are so thrilled that you got to spend your birthday with your special family. We wish you  many more happy birthdays and are praying that you have continued health. Happy Birthday Katie Bird

26. Dannette says:

She is absolutely stunning – such a gorgous girl and to think just months ago she was so frail and near death.  So amazing how God cares for each of us – am so glad that he led you to her.

27. Marilyn Osborn says:

Love, love, love.  So precious!!!!!!

28. Adam says:

Happy Birthday Katie! You’re  the best present of all!

29. Katherine Lauer says:

Happy birthday! THe outfit is darling. I can hardly believe she is sitting up and looking so healthy.

30. Happy birthday, Katie!!!  What a beautiful little girl you are and how you have grown and changed in just a few short months.  Amazing….  God is faithful and has been watching over you.
    May the Lord continue to keep His protecting hand over you and I know this next year will be full of growth for you and many wonderful things.  You are so blessed with a lovely family and I hope we can meet you all in person next month.