Non-verbal no more.

March 18th, 2012

This is a girl who has something to say~

125 Responses to “Non-verbal no more.”

1. Jennie says:

So precious!!!  I am so glad that you posted those videos!!  I look forward to every new post about how sweet little Katie is doing—it’s a highlight of our day here!  To be able to see how LOVE can change someone in just four months—it’s an awesome sight and such a testimony of what God’s love can do for us too!!!

2. Debbie says:

katie, did you know that when you said
    “mammma maammmaa” with your sweet voice
    and looked at us with your captivating, sparkly eyes
    we would all be ENTRANCED??
    did you realize that over 100 people – few who you have met in real life – would comment here that just the SOUND
    of your voice
    makes us laugh and cry at the same time?
    katie, you are a wonder.
    susanna, thank you for blogging so frequently; so many important things large and larger (i will not say large and small because nothing you have shared with us is small!)
    now i have to go back and listen to that beautiful voice again!

3. Jenn says:

Beautiful! <3

4. Sonya Vande Velde says:

What a precious, sweet word.  I know your hearts are just filled to bursting.  Katie, You are so pleased with your accomplishments.  And we are so happy for you!  Am I mistaken, or do I detect a bit of spunk in that sweet little girl?  She sure seems to have some expressions as if she’s thinking up a little “fun”!  What pure joy!  Thank you for sharing the videos.
    And thank you for sharing the blog post earlier about Linda & Colleen.
    God bless you and your precious family.

5. Chrissy says:

Such a simple, small, word & it brought tears to my eyes, amazing!

6. Ginger says:

That is the most precious thing! Her face and her determination. Oh wow, I just LOVE it!!

7. Viv says:

HOw beautiful that precious word is,  especially after Linda and Coleens story (which i found heartbreaking )
    Katie you are so sweet ! So so sweet, beautful girl.

8. Anne Ross says:

So so so sweet…beautiful angel..

9. katie says:

the most important word for ANY child to know.  a word that means nothing to so many orphans.  how beautiful. God is so good.

10. Mary Wusterbarth says:

Oh my…she has changed SO much in such a short time.  I feel like I’m watching a flower bloom!  Thank you, thank you for sharing her progress with us.  My family and I check daily to see if there are new pictures or updates on your “Katie bird” and the rest of the family.  By the way, my little girls (5 and 6, both special needs adopted from China) want to meet Verity.  They think she looks like she would be so much fun to play with…I think it has something to do with that little smile that we all love! :0)

11. Anna T says:

So adorable, thanks for sharing!!  I LOVE her sweet voice and how her face lights up!!  I was talking with a mommy at Bible Study this morning that knows Stephanie Carpenter (yes, it IS a small world)!!  ((Hugs)), prayers and love!!  Anna

12. Teresa says:

I shared this video with my children last night. It was a wonderful chance for me to share Katie’s story with them.

They were in awe! Through children’s eyes, everyone is good and nice and all children have loving families. I showed them photos of her from when her Mama came to rescue her. I told them about how big and fat and smiley she has gotten! And it was all due to LOVE!!!

Thanks for sharing with us all. I’m so proud of Katie and of you for your patience and your love with her. It’s been a delight to watch her grow. And I will be sharing her progress with my kids now, so they can also see the true healing and transforming power of God’s love.

13. Lucille Brown says:

This is beyond precious! William and I read your blog with a notebook lol and write down ideas to use with our own daughter! You are truly a gifted teacher!
    I wanted to share our ’21 Truths About Down Syndrome’ post with you in honour of World Down Syndrome Day 2012 9today, 21 March 2012) since you have two precious gifts to celebrate today!
    We pray for you and your family and Katie. You are such a blessing to all who come here! Thank you so much for all you do to advocate for these precious children. I think anyone who loves a child with special needs has reason to thank you.
    Blessings, Lu

14. Totally sounds like “my Mama” to this mama’s ears!

YES, Katie!  Susie is YOUR MAMA!  Forever and ever.  YOURS!

15. mary says:

Praise God, she’s beautiful. She melts my heart :)

16. cassie says:

I’ve never even met this sweet girl and still I started bawling when I heard her first words! What a lucky lady to finally have someone to smile and laugh with as she embarks on her new verbal journey :)

17. melissa says:

I think she was trying to tell you something!! :)  xoxo

18. Sandra says:

She sounds awesome and what a joy it must be to hear her call you mama. Love it!.

19. Mia says:

Love that sweet little angel! What an honor to be called her mama!

20. Jill says:

I found your blog and have been so inspired! Watching your sweet daughter say mama melted my heart. To think that she had never experienced love her entire life…and now has the joy of a family. God bless you all so very much. You have saved her life. And what a precious life.

21. adriana says:

Precious beyond words,

your heart must be overflowing,

thanking her Father for this :)

22. Jillian says:

Oh Susanna! My heart is melting. Katie is SUCH a precious little girl. Watching her say “Mama” makes me fall in love with her all over again. <3

23. Katherine Lauer says:

The joy! The sheer joy in her countenance! I am in tears.

24. So precious!!  She looks so happy about herself too and what music to your ears this much be.  :D

25. Christy says:

This beyond precious!!!! Soooooooooo beautiful!!!!