True love prays!

February 10th, 2012

This morning I received permission to tell you…

The child in danger is Liliana, eleven years old, tinier and in worse condition than Katie was when we picked her up.

Our oldest son told us that every time he sees a photo of Liliana, it makes him boiling mad.

The other little girl that Steven and Jenny Sousa-Brown are adopting is Sophia, fifteen-and-a-half years old and also tiny and unhealthy, as you can see from her photo.

These precious girls are the next two children to be adopted from the top floor of Katie’s orphanage.

The “hopeless” floor.

The floor where they keep the “disposable” children.

I saw these two girls with my own eyes, and I look at their photos now through tears.  Both girls were already in very poor condition, but they are going downhill.

The Sousa-Browns are also adopting Butler who is waiting on a lower floor.

Choosing my words carefully…

Existing on a lower floor of this orphanage does not necessarily mean better care or treatment, especially if the child does not have a baba, or the baba is not one of the good ones.  And always remember that Katie had an affectionate baba for over two years, and although this undoubtedly saved Katie’s life, she was still in an extremely poor condition.

Please believe me when I say that I am leaving out far more of this story than I am putting in.

But this situation is not too much for God!  He is continuing to work, and here, my friends, is more evidence!

The following is what I may say about the miracle that God has worked on behalf of the Sousa-Brown’s three children:

“The MOJ, the governmental child protection agency, and Tokuda Hospital have organized the children’s treatment for free for at least ten days.  They will be thoroughly tested, re-fed very carefully and stabilized.”

Praise the Name of the LORD!!!  Oh the tears of relief and rejoicing!  This is the beginning of exactly what so many of us have been pleading with Him to do!  We know from our experience with Katie that these three little ones will be kindly and competently cared for at Tokuda!

There is so much more going on behind the scenes, so much more.  All of it looks like…well…remember when I said that the unmentionable enemy wouldn’t give up these children without a fight?  It looks like war.  It is war.  He’s fighting mad and fighting back.  But He who is with us is greater than he who is with them!!!

PRAY that these three children actually get to the Tokuda Hospital this coming Monday.  It hasn’t happened until it has happened!  There are several barriers in the way that need to be overcome, the least of which is the wintry road conditions.

PRAY that God will use the hospitalization of these three children to open the door even wider for the other waiting children.  Look at what He has already done!  He can do this!

PRAY that nothing stops the Tokuda team from visiting the orphanage as they have arranged to do on March 6th and 7th, and that they are allowed access to every child who needs medical attention.  Pray this as earnestly as if there were those who want to stop the Tokuda doctors from seeing the children who need it most.

From Susan, another mom who is adopting from Bulgaria~

“…let’s all fast and pray this Tuesday, February 14th.  That will be an easy date to remember, and it will be for the sake of our precious little valentines across the ocean.  Anyone who wants to join, please do!  Pray, fast, partial fast, whatever form of prayerful communion you would like to offer.  Let’s join hearts in asking our Heavenly Father to release these children swiftly, and not allow anything to stand in the way any longer.  Pray that the MOJ inexplicably shifts into high gear and moves every scrap of paper along in its process of completion.  And that the children will have supernatural protection from even the slightest ill effect of their surroundings until they can be placed safely in our waiting arms.  Nothing can stand before our mighty deliverer!

Ugh! Enough is enough!  Let’s storm heaven to set the captives free!”

Just like He set this one free~

25 Responses to “True love prays!”

1. Caitlin says:

Praying my heart out for these precious children. I had a feeling deep in my heart that these were the children you were mentioning. I’m encouraged to hear that medical attention is at least in sight.

Your Katie gives all of us hope of a bright and happy future for these children and others that wait in this orphange. The struggles will be different, the change may not be as fast, but seeing that huge smile on the chubby face of your little girl who at one point, seemed to be so detached, so broken, so neglected- reminds me that these children have hope of feeling loved, priceless, cared for, and joy filled. Thank you for documenting each step of this journey with Katie and letting us follow along. I’ve so enjoyed watching Katie Bird blossom and can’t wait to see what else God has in store for her life!

2. Gail K. says:

No words. Just a grateful heart.

I will be joining in the fasting and praying!

3. Leah says:

Praying for these precious children. Just had a shiver now knowing these are the kids who you asked prayer for.

4. Missy says:

I was worried that it was Liliana in trouble. And to know there are two more in urgent – even more urgent need – for intervention. I will pray more often for them.

5. Carol says:

Wow. This is amazing news, and of course, we will continue praying for precious Lilianna, Sophia, and Butler and for their mommy and daddy.
    (Love, LOVE the pictures of Katie outside!)

6. Rosemary says:

I believe with all my heart that our Lord led you on every step of your journey to redeem Katie … and that He will lead the Sousa-Browns and all the other waiting families to the children He has chosen for them. I also believe, with almost every picture I see of your beautiful daughter, that He has also given her — and each of these children — the knowledge of His presence and the comfort of His love as she waited for you to come. I believe it is His presence with them that has created such a strong will to live in each of them. In so many of your photos, Katie is looking heavenward, as if to say thank You to her liberator, and smiling at their shared secret. I know that I look heavenward to thank Him for choosing you as the first “pioneer” into this orphanage because He knew you would follow His instructions without question every step of the way. For that, I love you.

I will join you in prayer and fasting on Valentine’s Day, but I will not put my prayers on hold until then …

7. Alysia says:

I will pray too. I love the pictures of Katie. She is beautiful and I love to see her smile and being held by your daughter. God has done such amazing things.

8. Shoshanna says:

I am keeping these three little ones in my daily prayers. May God keep them until their family can rescue them. Your gorgeous daughter is looking so amazing. The outside pictures of her say more than any words could. May God continue to bless you as you follow  Him.

9. meriah says:

Lots of prayers.
    So good to see the new photos!

10. Yes!! And thank you for the pictures at the end…the last one of Katie made me laugh out loud!

11. Rochelle Wilson says:

Katie is just so beautiful!!! I am going to fast and pray on the 14th, and praise God for the Tokuda medical team :-)

12. Katie says:

So many things.  I’m working backwards.

1. Look at KATIE!  Look at her in the swing, that head and trunk control, sitting upright!  And, is that Laura with her again?  I know all your kids adore Katie but from the pictures it seems like she has a special sisterly bond with Laura.    Beautiful.

2. I think somewhere deep down, I knew it was Liliana.  From her pictures, she just looked so frail and helpless, and the way her hands wrung together.  Poor girl.  I held every one of those children in prayer, I told everyone I knew to do the same – no – begged them to do the same… but when I prayed, I saw Liliana’s face.  Precious angel.  I hope they’re home like you said, without a moment’s delay.

3. Totally random.  I love Katie’s hat.  And her little shoes.  Dressed to the nines, loved and treated like a little girl should be.  I can’t wait until her former orphanage peers are doing the same.  It has been amazing watching Katie just come to life.  What a blessing it will be when her ‘friends’ come home.

4. It’s totally driving me crazy not knowing through whom the enemy is working now that the former director of the orphanage is gone.  Katie’s country is at the top of my list of countries to adopt from.  I’m dreadfully curious about the situation with regards to special needs adoption there. Not that I’m asking you to share, I know how delicate things are and the last thing I’d want is for anything we did to jeopardize things for the children… but boy, that not knowing is hard.  It’s an exercise in trust.  Trusting God to know the details of my prayers even when I don’t.  I’ve learned a lot about trusting God from your writing.

5. Thank you for the update.  I know you have precious little personal time, and stopping to update us was super nice of you!  I’ve been reading in other blogs that things are moving for the kids in Katie’s former orphanage – families are getting their referrals, making their trips.  It’s encouraging.  Time to strike that enemy down.  :)

13. stephanie says:

Phew!!! Ok…I knew I should not have looked at the blog until I was home in the States and had a few days time between reading and leaving my dear sweet angel…she really is an angel.  I am crying…something I have done much since leaving her in that place!

So well said even though much is unsaid it is still said…and Katie is so beautiful!!!

I love you dear sister…thank you for your amazing heart and your love and care for all of our kids!

with love from you know where!  steph

14. Kristina and Family of 4! says:

Praying….and I will be praying and fasting all day on the 14th.

15. Becky K. says:

You know I am praying for these darling ones.
    Seeing those last photos of Katie are inspiration and faith builders.
    HE is mighty!!

16. patti says:

you can count on us for prayer….oxox

17. Cara says:

Oh, I WILL be praying for these precious, precious children.  Truly heart breaking.  God is more powerful than our enemy that prowls around.  And He uses His people to seek His face and do His Work here.  SO glad you are being a voice for the voiceless.  I will spread the word.  I found you through a link on FB.  But I have stopped by before because of Patti’s blog.  What a blessing to see your sweet daughter home at last.

18. Merechel H. says:

We are praying!  I keep quoting that verse from Isaiah that Jesus quoted about how he came to set that captives free, and to bestow the oil of gladness instead of mourning.  (Obviously, I am paraphrasing here).  May He set these precious ones free.  Not just these three, but all of those children in Katie’s former orphanage.  There is no such thing as asking too “big.”  He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above what we can ask or even think to ask.  We are and will be praying.

19. Mandy says:

Praying and sharing!

20. Tami Swaim says:

I see you found the shoes from Moriah I left up on your counter!  Aren’t they the cutest!!!  …not as cute as Katie though!
    Praying!!!

21. Erica Ferguson says:

You can count on prayers from our family too! I am so very blessed to be a homeschooling mama so me and the kids are going to turn Feb. 14 into a day of prayer for the oprhans.

22. Susan says:

Prayers, yes, of course – ongoing and  continuing, with more specifics now that we know a few more details. I can’t fast this Tuesday (getting my innards scoped on Thursday so am required to eat well on Tuesday before a very limited diet/prep/fast  for the following 48 hours), but will add these three children – and the others waiting with them – to my church’s prayer list tomorrow. I am thankful that promised help appears to be on the way for them, and pray that no more obstacles are placed in the way of their receiving that much-needed help.
    Thanks again for the updates – the pictures say it all, don’t they? Katie just gets prettier and prettier (btw, she’s looking a LOT like the Dionne quintuplets did at age one or so!)

23. EG says:

Praying praying praying!  I’m sure these families find hope in Katie’s story.  Praying for protection for them.

24. Monique says:

Those pictures of Katie at the end are beautiful Here eyes are alive and happy. God bless you and all those doing everything they can for these children. I also am going to find a way to make a difference.