Medical expenses for the children in Katie’s old orphanage!

February 26th, 2012

For those of you who want to help with these expenses, there is now a way!

An official fund has been set up.

Please read the post titled, “Help provide medical care to orphans,” on my friend Shelley Bedford’s blog, and follow the instructions to give to this need.

Thank you, friends, with all my heart!!!

Day One P. S.  I posted the above yesterday when our family was still in a cabin in the mountains with very little internet access.  The fund totaled a little over $2500.

Home again, and checking on its progress, a little more than a day later…

WOW!  THE FUND HAS DOUBLED IN SIZE!!!

Thank you to every single person who has given!  And thank You, Lord, for sending help to these precious little ones!

Day Two P. S.  The fund is now a mere $171 short of $10,000!!!

6 Responses to “Medical expenses for the children in Katie’s old orphanage!”

1. Holly F. says:

This is great news.

I noted that one of the children has earned wings.  Do we know if this angel is one we knew of or one hidden away from the light of the world?  I will grieve the loss while I also rejoice that he/she is now in heaven and no longer in pain.

2. Heather says:

Thank you, Susanna, for posting the link to this blog.  I have seen several other blogs doing the same.   I pray that God will stir the hearts of men and women across the world to give generously.  May He show his power and grace through His people to open the floodgates of heaven with more than enough finances for these suffering little children.

3. Brandi says:

Hi Susanna,

I was wondering if you had any pictures of Katie and her baba I could borrow? I am currently making the website for Mums for Babas and I’m lacking on the baba + children photos.

Thank you!
    Brandi

Yes indeed, Brandi! Emailing you!

5. Heather says:

Wow! Thanks for posting the updated chip-in amount as my browser refuses to update it.  We are seeing the army God rise up to take a stand against this injustice!
    Psalm 68:1 Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him

6. Amber Byler says:

My church womens group is praying and considering making a donation to the medical fund but I need for them a place to send rather than sending it to just a family. I would just do that but they do know about these families what we know they. I saw that the ELI project had a fund set up so could you put me in touch with the right people to talk to. I am so thrilled with their response to my presention last night. They seen pictures of katie and were amazed at her beauty and potential. Thank for allowing me to use some of her pictures. She is a gorgeous little girl and we are praying for her and the other kids. Thank you for putting yourselves out there so that these other precious angels could be saved. Hope to hear something from my womens group soon.  I have a blog and I will be sharing about the medical needs asap
    Amber Byler