Katie-stats at three months

Arm, shoulder to fingertip – 10 inches  11 1/4 inches 11 3/4 inches

12 3/8 inches

Upper arm circumference – 3 1/4 inches  4 3/4 inches 5 1/2 inches

6 3/8 inches

Wrist circumference – 2 3/4 inches  3 1/2 inches 4 inches

4 1/8 inches

The child is growing before our eyes!  Katie has reached a healthy weight for her current height.  From here on out, we expect her growth to continue at a more typical pace, so…

…next Katie-stats update in the middle of May at six months from Gotcha Day!

44 Responses to “Katie-stats at three months”

1. Katie says:

She is SO BEAUTIFUL!  I just can’t get over her!  Seeing this post today, I excitedly pulled out my booster seat brochure with the measuring tape on it – my, oh my how she has grown!  Absolutely amazing, mama.  Amazing.

As she gets bigger please e-mail me if you have any car seat questions.  I know, I’m a giant nerd, but that’s the sort of thing I think about, especially with SN kids (or kids who have temporary special needs because of neglect) because the typical guidelines don’t fit them.  Every time I pull out this brochure, I think how it would be legal in my state – and almost every other state – to put Katie in a seat belt alone.  Yikes.

Thinking of your family often.  I can’t put into words how thankful I am for the privilege of having seen God work through your family on more people than we’ll probably ever know.  Bless all of you.

2. stephanie says:

Amazing!!! Beautiful!!! LOVE YOU!!! steph

3. Praise the Lord! This post brought tears to my eyes. Katie looks beautiful! Thank you for what you have done for her (with the Lord’s help).

4. Debbie says:

i feel like we are watching stop action photography – it’s simply amazing!  looking at katie’s pictures, reading her “stats” – her past seems almost unreal…
    regarding katie’s growth; are you now changing up her feeding pattern to accomodate her weight/stature?  can you switch more of her nutrition to table foods?
    and that picture?  LOVE!

5. Rachel says:

wonderful update!!

6. Shauna says:

wow! how much she has grown!  I can’t believe you’ve her so long already, but it also seems like you’ve always had her.  Little Katie miracle!

7. Gail Kenyon says:

Wow!!!!!!  God is good!!!!!!

8. April (justonemorebaby) says:

Excellent!!! So great to see her growing so much <3

9. Jennifer says:

She is precious and gorgeous. I love the white ribbon!  Her growth is almost too good to be true.  What phenomenal love and care you have given this precious angel!

10. Sharon Robbins says:

It took me a minute to realize what was different!  No NG tube!  Wonderful :)

I’ve been following your blog since mid-December when I was first made aware of Reece’s Rainbow by a family in our city in the process of adopting two girls from EE.  My husband and i are the adoptive parents of 6 boys- one a private adoption from Mexico 30 years ago and the others out of the Oregon state foster system.  Our almost 11 year old has Down Syndrome so, like many, this is dear to my heart.  I’ve been praying along with your requests and following the other families making this journey and I’m so excited that, today, I became a Prayer Warrior for 3   RR children!  I believe God is building an army one family, one Warrior at a time and these gates will be stormed like they have never been stormed in history.  I have a picture of the White Witch’s castle in Narnia with Aslan breathing on stone and setting the captives free.  These children are being made visible by families like yours and we will never be able to hide our eyes and say we didn’t know.

11. Marilyn Osborn says:

That is AMAZING growth!  Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!

12. Amy P says:

Oh, Suzanna. She is simply beautiful. How beautiful she is to our Savior. Those numbers are so helpful to put context to what we see. It is amazing. Don’t be surprised if she continues to amaze you. My oldest son gained 15 lbs and 5 inches in his first year. It is completely, utterly amazing what God can do!!

13. Christy says:

Praise the LORD!! What a blessing she is to all who read about her and pray for her.

Katie, a wonderful blog reader BLESSED our Katie by sending a nearly new car seat for the next stage when she gets there. Another Britax, no less!

15. So sweet!  Love her smile!

16. Shari says:

Wonderful!!  Praise the Lord!!  and no tube!!!!  Yay!!!  :)

17. No more tube! Was Katie happy to have it out?  Katie little face is just too precious!

Jamie, Shari, and Sharon, Katie still has and needs the NG tube for liquids. The camera was just taking advantage of her temporarily tubeless state after she pulled it out today! She usually pulls it out on the Murphy’s Law plan–right before meals, as we are walking out the door, etc, haha!

19. Jane says:

Susanna, what a blessing to get those stats and be reminded once again today that there is hope and promise and that God is amazing.  My heart is overflowing with happiness for all of you and for Katie.  Getting to see a picture of that beautiful girl didn’t hurt either!! Much love from California.

20. Felicity says:

WOW!  Thank you Lord!

21. Wow!  She is doing great!  I hope that the next little ones coming home (including mine YAY!) can improve so quickly and be so healthy.  She is beautiful!  Following her journey is what brought us to our tiny Keith and we are so thankful for that.  :)  Bringing home 5 is waaaaayyy better than “just” 4.  lol

22. Sonya Vande Velde says:

Oh Katie! What a perfect blessing you are!  You are thriving and growing and learning and loving and … so beautiful to watch through your mother’s blog!
    Suzanne, I’m so glad y’all got these first measurements.  How exciting to see how she’s growing.  Most of all, I love seeing her precious facial expressions.  She truly is not hidden away anymore.  I thank God for His mercy!

23. Amy Rainey says:

Wow, Susanna!  Her growth is amazing!  Praise God!!  I just love her laughing picture :)  She is beautiful.

24. Hollie says:

Thanks for posting this, Susanna. How I love to watch your girl grow.

25. Cole says:

Oh it makes me grin ear to ear watching her squishy goodness grow! xoxo

26. Colleen says:

Did I miss a post about the NG tube coming out!? YAY Katie!!

27. Anne Ross says:

Beautiful…. Simply beautiful…just seeing her happy face is the BEST!!!!

28. Aunt Carol says:

Amazing – and miraculous!

29. Linda says:

Susanna,
    Truly amazing stats!  I too immediately noticed the missing NG tube – but that is temporary.  You will soon be posting that you could throw it away!  Congratulations to both of you and Praise to Almighty God who ransomed her from the evil ones!

30. Carol says:

Oh, she is beautiful and how she is growing!! Thanks so much for sharing the miracle of God’s redemption of precious Katie with us.

31. Barb says:

She is so precious! Thanks for the update and it is amazing to see how much growth she has made in 3 short months.

32. Emily says:

Yay Katie!

33. Michelle says:

Praise God! I love watching this miracle unfold right in front of our eyes.
    (I also have a 9 year old daughter named Katie, and so it has been especially heartwarming to me watching your precious little one blossom!)

34. Thomas R Boroughs says:

Amazing!  What a blessing to be able the see and hear about this wonderful  story!  This is “true religion”.

35. cindy says:

Beautiful, PTL

36. Katie says:

Susanna, wonderful!  Yeah, I found your story on my car seat tech board.  I figured somebody would take care of that.  Because of her bone density though and her muscle tone and probably a variety of other things, I would keep her rear facing as long as you can.  The next stage seat probably goes both ways.  But uh, you have eleven kids, you’ve probably figured that bit out.  Haha!  I used to have a Boulevard and a Frontier – M rode in the Frontier as a booster until she was ten, and she’s in the 50th percentile!  They make some great long-lasting seats with great ease of use features.  80% of car seats are installed/used incorrectly, so I love it when something is straightforward for a parent instead of taking three trained professionals to figure out (and that has happened…).  LOL.

I didn’t even notice that her NG tube was out, I thought something was different that I couldn’t put my finger on, I think I just don’t notice it anymore!  I can’t imagine trying to keep that thing on a busy, growing girl.  I can’t even keep a hat on a kid!

37. Kristin says:

She’s so adorable….and so fun to see the numbers that show she’s growing as much as the pictures show!  :)

38. Carolyn says:

So glad you posted these stats.  I was eagerly awaiting them!

39. Lara Font says:

so cute!!  Love to see these updates, what a miracle!!!!

40. Sharon Robbins says:

Given her history with how she received liquids I’m guessing they are challenging for her!  But, it will come- I’ve seen her “swamp” beverage :)  In addition to our son with DS we also adopted a child that had been a victim of shaken baby syndrome (CP, seizures, vision, G-tube) and we were told he would never eat orally or develop past the skills of a 9 month old.  I’m proud to say he now orders his own lunch from the regular school lunch menu using his laptop and a touch screen!  These kids can be amazing!  It looks like she is making great strides!  Congratulations to you and your husband, your other kiddos and all the others who are “gifting” you with their expertise.

41. Julie says:

WOW!!!!

42. Holly F. says:

Oh Sweet Katie and Sweet Mama Susanna, it has  been awhile since I’ve commented.  Just busy with winter colds, work, and applying for graduate school, but I could NOT pass this entry up without congratulating you!  How even more beautiful you are Katie with your growth!  With your cheeks puffily surrounding your precious smile!  And that twinkle in your eye is just perfect!  I’m so happy to see these numbers!

43. Jessica says:

I love that Katie can pull her g-tube out!  That is a major accomplishment that she can coordinate the actions for a very purposeful action!  So proud of your Katie and continued prayers for her health and happiness!

44. Joy McClain says:

I can hardly believe this is the same child!!  Praise God!