On my face before Him

January 17th, 2012

“Be encouraged that God does not grow tired when things look like they are moving in a bad direction.”   ~Jamie, in a comment to this blog a couple of months ago

How best to describe the state of special-needs adoptions from Bulgaria right now?

Troubling.

Since the elections in Bulgaria were held, very little has been accomplished for any special-needs adoption from that country.  Multiple families have been waiting since the beginning of December for a single signature on their paperwork.  That’s all.  A signature.

There is more, and Oh.  How it makes my heart ache!  But it cannot be spoken here.

“…the maddening red tape and governmental inertia that the enemy loves to put to evil use once all the drama passes through town and things settle down to long, hard work.  He will not let these children escape his clutches without a fight.

The battle is far from over!  Satan hates the light!  He is angry, and is flexing his claws.  He wants to regain control over these children.  We are not ignorant of his devices!  Could you please help to pray him back into his dark, stinking hole?

Please, please pray that God would bring a greater good out of this battle!  We could work for the children from now to the end of time to no avail if God does not act for them.”   ~my words, written in this blog back in August

Let God arise…

O God!  I cry out to You, God Most High!  Arise!  Hear and act!   Show us your glory and your mighty hand, I pray!

Let His enemies be scattered;
Let those also who hate Him flee before Him.
As smoke is driven away,
So drive them away;
As wax melts before the fire,
Let the wicked perish at the presence of God.

May those who hate you be stopped in their plans!  Soften the hearts of those who have set themselves against You!  Have mercy on them, O LORD, and stop them!

But let the righteous be glad;
Let them rejoice before God;
Yes, let them rejoice exceedingly.

Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
Extol Him who rides on the clouds,
By His name YAH,
And rejoice before Him.

O LORD, I do rejoice before YOU!  I pray for our hard-working attorney and for every adoptive family who is enduring this nearly unendurable delay.  Give them Your strength in their weakness.  May they be glad and rejoice before YOU, O LORD!

A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.
God sets the solitary in families;

He brings out those who are bound into prosperity;
But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

O LORD, You are LORD over this process!  You are stronger than maddening red tape and governmental inertia!  I plead with You to protect these little ones!  Bring them out from their bondage and set them in families!  I ask this for Your sake alone, O LORD, for Your glory!

There is no wisdom or understanding or counsel against the LORD.”

Tomorrow, at three o’clock in the afternoon Bulgaria time.  Eight o’clock in the morning Eastern Standard Time.

Please, pray.

14 Responses to “On my face before Him”

1. Heather McFarland says:

We will pray.  Lord Jesus, we know that nothing is impossible with you Lord, we know that while we fret and fumble that your plan is good.  Thank you for all you have shown us through the adoption process of Susanna and Joe.  Thank you for allowing precious Katerina to be safe and loved, to be growing in stature and ability.  We trust in the name of Jesus that you will move in the hearts and minds of those sitting around the table tomorrow and that you will break their hearts, you will make them say things and do things that have not been even thought of before Lord and that children will be set free from bondage.  We trust in you Lord, to set the captives free.  In Jesus’s name.  Amen!

2. Elizabeth says:

I pray for all of these sweet angels and think of them often.
    They all deserve the amazing love that you have showered on Katie. She is precious. Her transformation is wonderful to see and I feel so blessed that you are sharing her with those who read your blog. Thank you.
    PS  – I can’t get over how her cheeks have filled out! She is beautiful.

3. Jennifer says:

Dear sweet Susanna, whom I have never met, but my, do you “look familiar.”  I am praying.  And tomorrow when Central Standard Time equals 8 o’clock Eastern Standard Time, I will be praying.

1.A Mighty Fortress Is Our God, A bulwark never failing;
    Our helper He, amid the flood Of mortal ills prevailing:

3.And tho’this world, with devils filled, Should threaten to undo us,
    We will not fear, for God hath willed His truth to triumph through us:

Luther’s old hymn brings some comfort this night.  I wait and pray with you for the outcome of this meeting, my sister in Christ.

4. Tricia says:

I’m so pleased to hear about the coconut oil massages and supplements.  That’s sure to do her a world of good.  I just received my copy of the GAP diet by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride and I have a feeling you’re doing many of the things she would recommend (along with other experts.)  What amazing progress Katie has already made under your loving care!
    I will definitely pray for the others as well.  As Heather prayed, “set the captives free.”  There are so many forms of bondage and the kind from which Katie came to you is amongst the worst.

5. Katie says:

Still praying, and going nuts wanting to know what’s going on, but all things in their season and so on and so forth.  I reposted the Guatemala video on my blog, not that I have the kind of readership that you do, but hey, I try.  That really broke my heart, for those kids.  I also just checked out “The Boy From Baby House 10” from the library.  I’m less than 100 pages in and it’s already breaking my heart.  And to think the baby houses are better than the institutions, my goodness… my heart can hardly comprehend how such things can still be allowed.  I wish my life allowed me to take a more active role making changes right now, but knowing that it is no small thing, I will keep up prayer.

6. Sonya Vande Velde says:

I will be joining you in prayer.  How accurately the word, “captive” fits these helpless little ones.

7. Becky K. says:

I find it so interesting that God opened the way so obviously for you to get Katie home….I know this was for her good but I also feel that it is so that there would be an awareness and an outpouring of prayer for those remaining there.  He is continuing with His plan….thank you for your obedience in keeping us informed and reminding us to be in prayer.

8. Laura says:

Have been and will be praying earnestly!

9. Kristina and Family of 4! says:

Joining you in prayer…..

10. Tricia says:

I have been following you for about a month now. What an awesome family you have! Blessings to you all!! :)

11. sabrina says:

Praying.

12. Heather says:

I just wanted to let you know that I started praying just before 7 am CT this morning.  I am continuing to lift up all of the little ones in prayer.  May the Lord’s justice be done.  I specifically prayed that the “you know who” be bound up and that the Lord would send a host of his heavenly angels to surround the place and that eyes, hearts and minds would be open to his holy presence.

13. Autumn says:

We will continue to pray with you! Thank you for keeping us informed in the best manner you can!

14. Katie says:

I couldn’t sleep last night (for many reasons, one of them being 12 years old and getting herself into trouble) but I was literally up all night, until 8 am est – I’d expected to be asleep and I just thought I’d pray before I went to bed… but something felt special about the fact that I just couldn’t fall asleep last night, and then I was up, looking at the clock, as it struck 8 here, 3 in Bulgaria.  I truly hope and pray that things did come out well for the children.