Katie-stats at two months

Foot –  almost 4 inches  4 inches 4 3/8 inches

Upper thigh circumference – 5 inches  7 1/2 inches 9 3/4 inches

Ankle circumference – 3 inches  4 inches 4 3/4 inches

Arm, shoulder to fingertip – 10 inches  11 1/4 inches 11 3/4 inches

Upper arm circumference – 3 1/4 inches  4 3/4 inches 5 1/2 inches

Wrist circumference – 2 3/4 inches  3 1/2 inches 4 inches

Guess what, everybody?  I really like to eat!  Mama will tell you all about it in her very next post!

45 Responses to “Katie-stats at two months”

1. Angiedawn says:

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful update!!!!!!

2. Christie says:

That is fantastic! She has almost doubled her weight in 2 months!!!!!!

3. Grow, Katie, grow!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to read this!

4. Kristin says:

Wow!  Amazing…..keep on growing little miss!  Love to see the cheeks on that sweet girlie!  :)  Very very excited to see her grow!

5. Samantha says:

How exciting!  I’ve been waiting for this post because after seeing the pictures of her next to Verity with her chubby legs I knew she would have doubled her weight!  Keep growing Katie and keep eating that yummy food mama is making for you!

6. Rilla says:

Wow Praise the Lord!!

7. Heather says:

Know what I notice?  The bigger she gets, the more she starts to have the lovely Down syndrome features like Verity does.  Two sparkly almond eyes instead of vacant stares, the way those eyes turn up at the corners when she grins…oh, my, I love it.  Amazing to watch this flower blossom!

8. Mandy says:

Just Beautiful! Amazing the changes and growth in such a sort period of time.

9. Marci says:

Susanna, I’ve been following your blog from the beginning.  I am truly amazed at precious Katie’s progress and weight gain, etc!  She really looks like a totally different little person and so, so happy!  It makes my heart smile!  You and your dh and children are such an inspiration…I tell people about you all the time.  I miss talking to you!  Many prayers for all of you!

10. Carolyn says:

Wow! She is getting longer/taller!  I wonder how much she will grow now that she is getting good food.

11. Valerie says:

makes me smile:)

12. Dawn Wright says:

YAHOOOO!!!!!!!  Soooo exciting to see God at work!!!!!  Girl you have a ministry to encourage others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep on GROWING!!!!!

13. Shauna says:

I can’t believe you’ve had her that long already!  I CAN believe how much she’s grown though!  Loving care works wonders!  I LOVE, Love, love showing people her before and after pictures so that they can see what a difference adoption makes.

14. Danielle says:

I have been following Katie’s story from the beginning… and when I saw Amelia’s story I immediately thought of you.
    This is a doctor who needs the same type of softening done to their heart… as the orphanage directors needed.
    Amelia is at CHOP and being denied a kidney transplant because of her disability.
    She is going to die because she is not good enough to live.
    Please ask your readers to pray and assist however they are able. Maybe you also have another idea.
    Thank you.

15. Katherine Lauer says:

Amazing. Praise the sweet Lord for this gift of GROWTH.

16. Kristina and Family of 4! says:

Wow! What a good girl! Love to see her happy, HEALTHY face!

17. Jamie says:

What an amazing difference two months can make!  Good Job Katie!!!!!

18. Amazing and I just love her chubby little cheeks!!  Keep growing and eating, precious Katie!!

19. Kristi says:

No words. Just :-)

20. melissa says:

I can’t stop looking at the picture on your sidebar and then this new one… she looks like a different kid.  Beautiful in both – but the difference is just amazing!!

21. Marianne says:

Hi Katie! You look great!!

22. Katie says:

I keep a measuring tape (actually, it’s attached to a brochure about booster seats and how our state law in Ohio is 8 years or 4’9″ tall to ride without a booster… which would technically make it legal for Katie to ride in a seat belt, which would be ridiculous, but I digress) next to my computer for these posts, and I take it out and measure where Katie was versus where she is now, I show it to my dear borrowed girl, M, who is 12 and shares my love for the orphan, and we smile together about how thrilled we are for Katie’s progress.  It more than makes my day to see how wonderfully she is doing.  Susanna, six months ago tomorrow, my best friend passed away… and she was someone in whom I saw God so clearly that I always knew that He was with us, because of her.  When we lost her I was afraid for my faith.  Then a few short months later I saw God in you.  Angie would have too, I know she’s up in Heaven rejoicing just as I am for Katie’s progress.  Thank you for letting Him work through you, the effect is greater than you will ever know.

23. Molly says:

She looks SO GOOD! Grow Katie Grow!

24. Heather McFarland says:

Woohoo!  Praise God!  So glad to see that she is not only gaining wait but growing in length.  I pray that God allows her to grow at unbelievable rate.

25. Joy says:

Amazing and just awesome!!

26. Debbie says:

aw, all that’s missing is the smile measurements – i think the increase there is off the charts!
    i can’t wait to hear about katie’s adventures with food!

27. Pam says:

I’m so glad she is doing so well.  God bless you all.  You’re doing a good job, Susanna!  God bless you all.

28. Alysia says:

I love the leg and arm circumference growth! It’s so impressive how she is filling out those previously thin limbs.  I love watching Katie grow and learning about your beautiful family.  You are all an inspiration. It warms my heart to know what a better life you have given Katie, and I am sure all of you are better for having her. God Bless you.

29. Fiona says:

Fantastic, I’m so glad she’s doing so hugely well.

30. Denise says:

Yeaaahhhh katie!!!
    Praise the Lord!!!!

31. Anne Ross says:

Amazing!’!!!!!!!!!  Beautiful!!!!! !!

32. Holly F. says:

WOW!!!  Oh how this brightens my day after reading blogs of death and abuse!!  Katie, dear dear Katie, you and Trent are my sunshine today!!!   I can’t wait to read about how much you love to eat!

Susanna, does the lengthing of Katie’s extremeties, as opposed to simply gaining weight, suggest she is possibly producing growth horomone again?  Or is it too early to tell?

33. stephanie says:

Wow dear KATIE!!  You are trying to keep up with AVI – Who has grown 5 inches in length in 9 months… I am smiling from ear to ear!  Praise the LORD!

with love from all the carpenters

34. Praising the Lord for these awesome stats!  Keep up the great work Katie and family!

35. Stephanie says:

Wonderful! I love how she is blooming. Simply beautiful. We are blessed to witness this.

36. Lisa says:

So amazing to see this flower blossom!!! Her eyes are sparkling now and she is alive feeling LOVE!!!! Thank you for sharing her with us.  We are praying for continued health, growth, chubbiness and smiles :)

37. Tricia says:

She looks great! Such a blessing.

38. Susan says:

GROW, Katie, GROW!!! What a treat to read these statistics and better yet, to see Katie’s marvelous progress recorded in the pictures of her beautiful, glowing little face, eyes bright and alert. Thank you once again, so much, for sharing!

Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 from EE

39. Kristie says:

Wow! She looks so great! It is amazing to see this, and especially poignant today on Sanctity of Human Life Sunday. My husband and I have a beautiful daughter with Down Syndrome whom we adopted from Ukraine a year and a half ago. She was very thin and under-developed, but nothing like your little Katie. Praise God for her fresh start and the beautiful life that she will have.

40. What wonderful statistics, but more so, what beautiful cheeks on that sweet, sweet face!

41. Lara Font says:

gorgeous girl, fantastic!

42. Sonya Vande Velde says:

Such a littl beauty! Love reading the stats and knowing Katie is growing (we knew she would!) and filling out.  God is so good and blesses more than we can ask or imagine!  The simple fact that she is taking food orally so soon is just amazing.