If you live in our general area, and…

January 21st, 2012

would like to learn more about adoption, please consider attending…

If You Were Mine Adoption Workshop 2012!

Our energetic friends Merle and Kim Zimmerman, with others on Team 127 from their church, have put this workshop together.

P. S.  If you’re there for the panel discussion on Saturday morning, I would love to meet you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

are a big family, you are warmly invited to the 6th Annual PA Big Families and Friends Picnic!

Where:  Same place we met last year!  Please email for more information:  susanna@theblessingofverity.com

When:  11 am until dusk, Saturday, May 5th, 2012, with lunch at noon

[Yes, this is an earlier date than usual!  The pavilions are first-come, first-served beginning on January 2nd each year.  When I filled out our 2011 calendar, I forgot to write “Reserve park for BF & F picnic” on December 31st.  Without that note, I didn’t remember to call until the 10th!  We hope this date will work for everyone who wants to come to the 2012 Picnic!]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

…can recommend a home school evaluator who is qualified to work with the PA state requirements for special needs students.  If you can highly recommend one, that would be even better!  Thank you so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

want to help with a local two-in-one fundraiser, please check out Linsey Smoker’s Valentines for Veronika website for details!

22 Responses to “If you live in our general area, and…”

1. Robin says:

I don’t live in your area but just had to say that I love the sweet picture of your little girls.  They are very precious!

2. Rebekah(beksand) says:

Nothing applies to me, but I had to say that your girlies are absolutely so precious I could just eat them up!!!!  Thank you for still adding pics of Verity, not that I thought you wouldn’t, but like I said she’s pretty cute.  :)  Also, is Katie more willing to sit up now?  She doesn’t look super upset about it like the last picture.  Either way, God bless.

3. Elissa says:

Katie looks phenomenal. It is still just so hard to believe how old she actually is, but wow she has already come such a long way! It is so amazing to see her so well, filling out and obviously so loved. :-)

4. Caitlin says:

Katie looks fantastic. If I didn’t know better, I honestly would think you switched kids somewhere along the way.

I’ve followed along for months, and I am always just amazed to open new pictures. The changes seemed so slight at first, but in just a couple months she is a totally different child.

Her journey isn’t over, but I have great faith that your family will provide everything that Katie needs and will bring her to her full potential. She has already blown our minds. Katie will be all that Katie should be with an amazing family loving and supporting her the whole way.

5. Sandie says:

Our evaluator’s daughter is a special ed teacher, and he has told me that she can evaluate Topher when the time comes:)
    Also, one of the homeschool moms at our church is qualitified to evaluate kids with sn.  She has not had a lot of experience with evaluating kids with sn, but she can do it.  She is very pro-homeschool.

6. Sandie says:

Whew!  Just checked to make sure the picnic is not the same weekend of the CHAP convention.  We’re good:)

7. Janine W. says:

Wow! Katie looks beautiful! I have been following your blog since you brought her home. I just can’t believe the difference in that child. It is a blessing to get a peek at your life and what you are doing for her. And Verity is just adorable! I love her little glasses. Thanks for sharing their pictures.

8. Kari Fernandez says:

The girls are darling!!! Katie is getting chunky!  What a doll!  God Bless your family!!!!!

9. Holly F. says:

So precious!  I wish I lived closer!  I would love to meet your family!

Sandie, that’s the first thing I checked, too! :)

11. Becky says:

Oh yeah!  We so wanted to come to the Picnic this year, but I have a wedding on the traditional weekend and was so disappointed.  But now we can come!!!  So looking forward to seeing you!  Hopefully my dh will be able to come along this year. :)

12. Rachel says:

I have used an evaluater in Lancaster, she is close to Schriebers. Her name is Lisa Buckwalter. I was happy with her and I know other families that have used her and liked her. I will see if I can find her phone number. I could drive straight to her house but not sure I have her phone number anymore! They live right on the corner of Marietta Avenue and I think it is Good Drive. Her husband is a financial counselor and has a small sign on the mailbox. But I will see if I can track down her phone number for you.

Rachel, thank you! I’d love to have her number! :)

14. Brianna D. says:

Ohhhh… I’d love to come to your “Big families” picnic!  What a great idea!  Unfortunately,  MN is a bit far. :(
    My husband and I only have 2 little ones of our own so far… but we do both come from big families.  I am the oldest of 10 siblings; my husband is 2nd oldest of 9 siblings.  I know that is so fun, refreshing, and encouraging to gather with other like-minded brothers and sisters in Christ.  I hope the day will be a blessing for you and many others!

15. Sharon says:

I’m a friend of Amy R.’s. I’ve been following your story and praying for your family for a few months now, but this is the first time I’ve posted. Of all the pictures I’ve seen of Katie, my favorite is the one in the baby blue jumper at the end of this post. She look so healthy, so safe, so at peace. This is what I pray for for the other children.

16. Missy says:

Well, I’m an only child who has raised an only child so I don’t think the picnic will work for me. lol I will look forward to pictures. And judging by the progress so far, Katie and Verity will be running in sack races! :)

17. Rachel says:

Ok, here is the phone number for Lisa Buckwalter. 717-295-7588  I hope she can meet your needs!

18. Leah says:

For some reason I can’t see a picture all their is a red x

Leah, we’re having technical difficulties, and Joseph is working on them every spare moment. :)

20. Denise says:

Hi Susanna,

This email came the day after Jason and I began talking seriously about adoption…… God is GOOD.

I cannot click on the link though to the Adoption “seminar”  could you please send me the details– we would LOVE to come…..

Thanks!!

Denise

21. Denise says:

Oh wait– i see this is an old post– but for some reason it popped into my email updates today……  ?????

Denise, I’m sorry you didn’t make it to this adoption conference, but excited to hear that God is opening your heart to adoption!