Effective, fervent prayer needed!

January 12th, 2012

Dear praying friends,

Would you be willing to pray…

~For an important meeting that is to take place next Wednesday in Bulgaria at 8 am EST.  I cannot give out more details right now, but it could affect many children in need of families!  There are some individuals who will be fasting as well as praying.

~For the resolution of many delays in the adoptions of the children with special needs from Katie’s former orphanage.  Please pray that God will move for them!  Pray that He will fill hearts with His love for these precious little ones, all along their journey home!

~For medical help to reach the waiting children who need it, without delay.  There are exciting signs of action on this front.  Please pray for continued strong motivation on the parts of those who have offered to help, until the children are receiving the medical intervention they need!

Friends, as long as God is alive, there is hope!  Pray with hope in Him!  Pray with fresh fervency and great hope in the unlimited power of the living God!  He is working, and the enemy isn’t happy!  But the power of the enemy does not trump the power of God!  He might be angry, but God gets the last word!

And I will rejoice to tell you of the answers to your prayers!  Thank you so much, friends!!

The work of the enemy.  Katie on the day we picked her up from the baby house~

The work of God.  Katie two nights ago~

God will have the final word!!!

36 Responses to “Effective, fervent prayer needed!”

1. Milena says:

I shall admit that my faith comes and goes and that even when present, my faith is often weak…but I will pray anyway and hope that my prayer counts anyway.

2. Hollie says:

YES!!! Praying.

3. Susan Wiker says:

Praying for God to move in a mighty way! What an honor to go before the throne for these precious little ones I may never meet this side of Heaven.

4. Susan Wiker says:

The first picture of Katie says HELP ME! The second picture says I AM LOVED

5. Mandy says:

She has life and a sparkle in her eyes now!

6. taraandfamily says:

PRAYING!

7. Felicity says:

What a precious little face!  The change in her is amazing!  How wonderful is our God!!

8. Hollie says:

Susan, you hit the nail in the head!

9. Milena says:

Susan, you are so right! Those pictures says it all, better than any words!

10. Julia says:

Susanna, that picture of Katie brought tears to my eyes.  I am in such AWE of our creator and the passion he places peoples lives.  I will be praying hard that our Father will MOVE the hearts of the people in Bulgaria and that those hildren will be reached quickly!!

11. Kim says:

Her round little face and the twinkle in her eyes is just amazing! Love watching her transform!

Praying for the others that are still there!

12. Valerie says:

I will cry out to God w/ prayers for this!

13. Brianna D. says:

It’s so amazing to me what loving care can do!  The difference in Katie is wonderful!
    We will be praying for your requests.

14. Angie says:

Praying today…  who would even believe that those pictures are of the same child?  Praying for all of the children left to be saved.

15. LisaL says:

Praying for sure!  I love Katie’s chubby little cheeks!!  Such a change!

16. Deb W says:

It’s hard to believe that the Katie from November and the Katie from 2 nights ago are the same child! What an amazing transformation!

Absolutely praying for the children in Bulgaria and for Katie’s former orphanage mates. Praying that those with immediate medical needs receive the attention they need and deserve, and that their parents can get to them without delay! Praying, praying, praying.

Thank you for continuing to keep us informed about the prayer needs of all the children, as well as sharing your delightful family with us!

17. Maria says:

I’ll pray! And yes – God will have a final word!!!

18. Praying with you Susanna!!  God has moved so mightily already, this step is small for Him!!  Look at your precious Katie if you ever doubt that.  :)

19. Laura says:

Praying! Look at those chubby little cheeks. Amazing!

20. Dawn Wright says:

Will definitely PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ONLY GOD- wow HE IS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Erica Ferguson says:

Will be praying for God to move in mighty ways! What an amazing transformation when a child recieves love. Katie is so sweet. Thank you so much for sharing her with us. Your family has truly blessed mine in many many ways!

22. Kristina and Family of 4! says:

Praying for sure!!

23. Susan says:

Oh, yes, prayers aplenty for the children, for their families, and for justice and compassion, wisdom and mercy to reign in Katie’s country.

I wish that those involved in next week’s  decisions could see these eloquent pictures of Katie.  Thank you so much for sharing them – she is precious, as are all those little ones who are still languishing and waiting for their families to come to them.

Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 from EE

24. Michele says:

Praying!  What a beautiful, round face sweet Katie has now!  Her smile is absolutely precious! :)

25. Tami Swaim says:

Okay, Susanna, thank you for informing us.  This will give me added motivation to get through my fasting day! Not that my spirit needs extra motivation but my flesh sure does, unfortunately!  The difference in Katie is astonishing.  I would love to be able to do that for a child ~ Lord hear my prayer!

26. Christine says:

Oh, dear Jesus, let more adoptions take place at Katie’s former orphanage!  Help the kids there to get better care.  Amen

27. Rosemary says:

Those of us who follow your blog know how mightily our Father in heaven has used Katie, through you and your husband, to bring to light (literally and figuratively) the plight of the children in her orphanage. It will be an honor and a privilege to join you in prayer over the next week for the ones who are still languishing without families, without love, in her country.

28. William Brown says:

Praise God!  That is what the Israelites did when they walked around Jericho, and look at the work God performed! Rewind forty years, and the first generation saw the high walls and got scared. They then spent the next forty years wandering the desert because of their fear. They thought Jericho was an impenetrable fortress. Little did they know that for the entire forty years they were wandering the desert, it was the people of Jericho who were frightened of THEM! Lets not be frightened of these ‘high walls’ that we see. Let’s look at them as an opportunity for God to show us His mighty hand. The enemy is inside this cardboard fortress and he is scared, he will try to defend his territory with ‘smoke and mirrors’, but Jesus said “Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell will not stand against it.”  The Israelites Just proclaimed seven words:
     God is good, His love endures forever.
    Let us remember Jesus’ call to be a ‘light in the darkness’ and the words of John 1 (NASB) that tell us who our God is!
    John 1
    The Deity of Jesus Christ
     1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 [a]He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [b]comprehend it.

So let’s praise Him for what He has done, what He is doing, and what He will continue to do.
    William

29. rachel says:

I can hardly believe that is the same Katie! Wow, she looks amazing!

Praying for mighty things to happen in Bulgaris.

30. Deanna says:

Prayer going up even now!
    Katie is quite the chunky monkey!  Such a delight to see!

31. Leah says:

will be praying!!

32. Rochelle says:

Will be praying all week…might even try fasting! :)

Rochelle
    Elk Grove, CA

33. Rita in Spain says:

Amazing the change in her…..
    I will pray…yes I will…

34. Theresa says:

Those chubby cheeks- oh my!! He works in a beautiful way!

35. Joleigh says:

I will be praying.  I am guessing that all of the parents waiting to bring their children home from Katie’s former orphanage are stuck in the same pile of paperwork I am, waiting on the new minister to catch up.
    Great news on the medical front!!  God has a heart for orphans and He has a heart for Bulgaria.  I just keep praying that He will honor that country for its heroism in WWII and that this generation of children will reap the blessings of that courage and faithfulness shown so long ago.
    But, oh, the waiting is so hard sometimes!  How I can miss someone I’ve never met, I do not understand.  But I do miss her.  And I want her home!