Blessed are all those who wait for Him!

January 24th, 2012

We may trust Him fully
all for us to do;

They who trust Him wholly
find Him wholly true.
”

Among the many blessings God has poured out on me, one of the sweetest right now is an online group made up of a dozen women.  I am getting to watch other families go in to Katie’s former orphanage and claim their children, and that is priceless enough.

But these are Jesus-loving women!  What a beautiful thing to see their determined trust in His goodness during an agonizing waiting time.  I don’t think I would see it so clearly were I distracted by the suspense of our own adoption process.

Here are just a few stories of how God has been moving in answer to the concerted prayer of thousands of His people…

Last Wednesday, Grace was first to post her big news, and it came before the big meeting in Bulgaria was even underway!  Our family has had little Samantha’s picture on our refrigerator for many weeks, and had been praying for her lost file to be found.

In Grace’s words~

“God gave me an answer to a HUGE obstacle.  After waiting for about five months for Kami’s file, and being told that I may need to move on and consider other children before my paperwork became outdated, God miraculously brought that little girl’s file to the surface.

I read Daniel 10 over and over again, just as Steph suggested we should.  I also spent some time in 2 Kings 6. When I went to bed on Tuesday night, I was visualizing myself and my daughter in a war zone. I imagined us in a protective bubble, aware of the spiritual battle going on around us, but also completely trusting in the power and presence of God and His armies of angels. I fell asleep listening to “A Mighty Fortress is Our God” playing on repeat. I would wake up throughout the night, the song still playing, and tell God that I was trusting in Him for my daughter’s protection. And one hour after I awoke to pray, when I wasn’t expecting news for days, I received the e-mail titled, ‘We have the file!

Every time I try to relay this story to friends, I feel like I will never do it justice. I’m not sure anyone could. Because God did what was impossible. There were a couple times throughout this week of praying when doubt would rush over me, and almost squeeze the life out of me. And the father of lies would try to steal my hope. But just as quickly, the GOD OF PEACE would swoop in and restore my peace and trust. It was all so incredibly supernatural. I have never been so sure of God in my life.”

The Sousa-Brown family received their verbal referral for their four children including three from Katie’s former orphanage, Liliana, Sophia, and Butler!  We praise God that Sophia, whom I wrote about back in November, was finally registered with the MOJ, just before her time ran out!  The Sousa-Browns are now waiting for their written referral, so they can take their first trip to see their little ones!

The Burman family received their verbal referral for Kelten and Teagan!  They are also waiting for their written referral, and the next step will be their first trip!

Another family wrote that they were given the signature they needed to visit with their precious little girl for the first time.  Her daddy will be leaving to meet her in just a few days.  They have watched God meet need after need, and move mountain after mountain in their adoption journey, and once again God provided exactly what was needed!

To top it all off, on this same day, after a longer-than-average wait, the Archer family, adopting Teddy, Val and Steward, received a USCIS officer, and a few minutes later, their officer approved their I800-A application!  They will be able to send their dossier to Bulgaria with the next traveling family!

Yesterday, several of the waiting moms, including Stephanie Carpenter adopting Mary, received the exciting news that finally, the official picked up her pen and signed their written referrals!  Only two of the families in our little group are still waiting for that signature on their documents!

Friends, I cannot thank you enough for praying!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Praise our gracious God!!

“Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
      And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you.
      For the LORD is a God of justice;
      Blessed are all those who wait for Him.

You shall weep no more.
      He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry;
      When He hears it, He will answer you.”

13 Responses to “Blessed are all those who wait for Him!”

1. Dawn Wright says:

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!  My heart is beyond blessed….thank you for letting us in on what God is doing!!!!!!

2. Katie says:

I think I have tracked down the blogs of most of the families adopting from Katie’s former orphanage… I’m on pins and needles waiting to hear from whomever travels next as to how things are.  I hope and pray fervently that things have begun to change since the ousting of the former director.  I hope and pray just as fervently that these families get to bring their kids home soon, and that the rest of the children in the orphanage are made available for adoption.  I search the orphanage number on RR sometimes every day.  I have no doubt that these kids, as soon as they are listed, will be scooped up, because of the overwhelming LOVE that the adoption community has for ‘the least of these’, and for the NEED that they have recognized – because.of.you.  Because of God working through you.  How little known was the plight of these kids before your first trip?  I’ve seen the pictures, not just of Katie, but of other children.  Poor Liliana, I think of her every single day, precious, tiny little thing.  I think of them as I go about my day and I wonder what they’re doing, what they’re thinking, right now, at this very minute.  If things have gotten any better for them at all.  I long to hear news that things are changing.

The news you’ve shared about people’s files moving forward is heartening.  I’d seen some of the posts regarding the referrals but because I’m relatively new to the adoption process, I wasn’t quite sure what this meant for the families, other than another step in the right direction.  I’m so excited to hear that some may be traveling soon!

I’ll be honest with you, and this is a post for my own blog (well, it will be, in expanded form), my faith has been thoroughly shaken for probably the past… seven years.  Maybe eight.  There were times I wondered if God worked in the world at all, or if as the Deists believed, He created the world and then left it to its own devices.  Because, how could He be present when such horrible things were happening?  How could we say that He did miracles for some people, while other people prayed fervently for miracles and received no divine intervention?  Did God go around picking and choosing who He would help?  I couldn’t understand His plan and at times I lost faith in it.  I never stopped believing in Him, but at times… it was as small as a mustard seed.

That faith has grown now and sprouted and blossomed and I can see all these connections where I never realized there were connections before.  In tragedy I can see hope.  In loss I can see meaning.  From feeling like a failure, I moved on to having purpose.  And I have no doubt that God is the reason, that out of millions of websites and stories and causes, I stumbled on yours.  Your little girls, they are so precious, and they have no idea what a tremendous impact they have on the world… just by being in it.  <3

3. Joleigh says:

Did I read that right?  Someone has word that she picked up her pen?  I don’t want to get too excited until it’s confirmed, but when it is the floodgates are opening!  I so desperately want her to settle in at her desk, get comfy with that pen and sign, sign, sign!  My baby’s court date hangs in the balance.

4. April says:

WHAT A PRIVELDGE TO CARRY, EVERYTHING TO GOD IN PRAYER <3

5. YAY!  I can’t wait to hear about all these little angels coming home.
    Thank you Lord!

6. Jane says:

This post holds such good news and reminds me to keep praying for all of these families and all the children over there…thank you for putting the links as well so we can follow these families’ journeys.

7. Heather says:

AMEN!  We will continue to pray that she signs the other two, that the process moves more quickly than we could have imagined, that these precious little ones may begin receiving the medical care they need before they even come home so that the long trip across the ocean is not as critical as Katie’s was.  God is Good, All the Time!

8. Debbie Fitts (momys) says:

Susanna, your blog thrills me each and every time I read.  To hear how He is working and moving among those that love him, and even those that don’t acknowledge Him is exciting and such a privilage.  Thank you for sharing.

I ALWAYS enjoy seeing your pictures too, beautiful family!  :)

9. Anna Burdumy says:

Wow, your little girl looks amazing.  I get so teary eyed when I read your story.  We have adopted twice, once from Russia and once from Belarus.  Our children are 14 and 8 now.  I work as a nurse with special needs children and have totally fallen in love with the downs syndrome kids.  They are so full of love and so sweet.  God bless your family and all the wonderfull things that are coming out of your trust in the Lord!

10. Autumn says:

Yay! We will continue to pray for these little ones :)
    Ohh if Katie and Verity aren’t a ray of sunshine! I will be so happy to see how many other rays of sunshine come from this!

11. Ashlee says:

YAY! Praising God every day for the work He is doing! and of course, cannot wait to meet sweet Samantha when Grace is able to bring her home. Awhile ago. she shared with me that your family had put Sam’s picture on your fridge, it’s amazing to see so many people united in prayer for these sweet children! God can move mountains!

12. Kristina and Family of 4! says:

*Praying*

13. April says:

susanna i don’t know if you are aware of this family or not but they are currently adopting two boys from Eatern Europe and there has a been a snag in paperwork. i wondered if you could ask your readers to pray for them? If you have time.
     www.allarepreciousinhissight.blogspot.com