And we believe in the sanctity of all human life.

January 21st, 2012

Hi.

We’re the Mussers.

We have a small miracle living at our house.

All are alike before the Highest;

‘Tis easy to our God, we know,

To raise thee up though low thou liest,

To make the rich man poor and low;

True wonders still by Him are wrought

Who setteth up and brings to naught.

Amen.

24 Responses to “And we believe in the sanctity of all human life.”

1. Susan says:

Katie may be small, but her miracle is boundless…

Love the little bathing beauties!

Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 from EE

2. Heather says:

Two beautiful sisters together, in the TUB! God’s grace and power in healing is amazing!

3. Cory says:

I haven’t visited in a couple weeks, and OH MY GOODNESS!!! My socks were just knocked off as I have backtracked and am now witness to the miracles that are taking place. Verity is so sweet with her little glasses on, and KATIE!!! She is looken sooo good with  a little weight on her. Praise God!!!!

4. Caroline says:

So very good to see Katie looking more and more healthy and happy in every post.  She looks so relaxed here – it’s great to see.

5. Susan Wiker says:

“I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.”  Mark 9:41
    THANK you for answering God’s call to adopt.  Just look at that wonderful face!  May you continue to be blessed beyond human standards.

6. Katie says:

Her little face just MAKES MY DAY.  I’ve been up all night looking at photos of a certain institution starting with a T in a non-hague country, my heart being broken over and over again… and that little face, well she just puts the pieces all right back together again.

I prayed harder than I have ever prayed tonight for God to guide me.  I posted over at the RR forums.  I don’t know… what to do, to best help these kids.  I’m willing to dedicate my entire life to it.  I just need to know what to do and how to do it and what it takes.  I need God to show me where to go.  If you could, would you please pray that He will guide me?  I cannot do this on my own, I am weak and sinful and limited by my human form, I need Him to show me where He needs me.  He has already done a great thing simply by ‘introducing’ me to your *beautiful* family, and it has truly, I’m telling you, I will not mince words one bit, changed.my.life.FOREVER.  I just need Him to show me the next steps.

Enjoy your blessings (I know you will!)  :)

7. Oh how I remember how thrilled (and relieved) I was when 2 months after adopting Azi she could FINALLY tolerate the bathtub.  Not long after she started enjoying it and now, 18 months post adoption no one can run the tub in our home without her trying to jump in!  Lovely photos :)

Janet

8. Hollie says:

The bathtub! She did it! Way to go Katie! and, it even looks like she enjoyed it. ;)

9. Barb says:

Another milestone!! :)

10. Judee Albert says:

Another giant step forward!  I think it’s hilarious that little Verity has her glasses on in the tub.  :-)  Both of them are sooooo cute.

Judee, Verity can’t see well enough to feel secure or play with toys in the tub, so that’s why she wears them in there! She reeeeeeally needs her glasses!

12. Hehe  LOVE that Katie is enjoying her bath!!  Verity is too cute… she does not even seem to care that you’ve got the camera out!  hehe   SO blessed!!   Susanna, thank you so much for sharing your family with us!!

13. Valerie says:

Two angels in a tub :)

14. Missy says:

Five days ago Katie just tolerated the tub for a few complaining minutes. Now you are pouring water over her head and she smiles about it??? Yep, God is good and miracles are all around us.

15. Kristina and Family of 4! says:

Amen!

16. Carolyn says:

See, Katie love, baths are lots of fun!

17. Jane says:

Oh, those pictures made this already lovely day lovelier.  God is an amazing force.  I am so thankful for Katie and just delight in seeing her bloom…and in the tub no less!  You are the Mussers, and you are living with a miracle indeed.
    Much love to you as always.

18. I wish I lived close to you because I would love to meet your family.

Yes, life is precious and everyone deserves the right to have it.

19. Lara Font says:

Way to go Katie!!  She braved the tub and looks like she LOVES it!!!  Love seeing those two precious girls together!!!

20. Lauren says:

Yes, thank you for sharing your family with us!  The last picture made me cry.  What a BEAUTIFUL smile!!

21. April says:

love love love!!!!

22. Rochelle Wilson says:

So much fun in the bathtub!! Beautiful :)

23. Holly says:

I would say that the Musser family has TWO small miracles…Katie AND Verity!

24. Julie says:

I love your recent posts, especially the videos where we can see Katie’s sweet personality (and Verity who is reminding everyone that she can say Mama too!).  It’s so wonderful to see Katie seemingly get a second chance at childhood.  So hard to really comprehend that she spent 9 years in isolation before she got to start life with a family.