Your heavenly Father knows!

December 18th, 2011

Four-and-a-half hours later.  Laughing.  Teary-eyed.

What, crying about Katie’s new stander, Katie’s new pacer gait trainer, Katie’s new bath chair, Katie’s new Theratogs, and a bunch more tube feeding supplies?

Hannah’s mom reached out to me a year and a half ago when both our girls were in the midst of feeding and other struggles.

Since that time, Hannah has come so far!  She is walking now, and eating by mouth.

She no longer needs her tiny pink stander, her tiny pink pacer gait trainer, her bath chair, her Theratogs, or her tube feeding supplies.

My laughter is still bubbling up, and I am shaking my head.  So He had this up His sleeve the whole time.  Their need, their obedience, our need.  “I am so very excited that we can help Katie,” says Hannah’s mom.  “I can’t tell you how much it means to me to be able to.”

Whoooosh.  Just like that.  He took it out of our hands.  That was nothing, He says.  Nothing is too hard for Me.

“So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them!  But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well!”

O LORD, we praise You!!!  Great is Your faithfulness!!!

43 Responses to “Your heavenly Father knows!”

1. PINK! Beautiful pink for Katie. Oh, I love that He knew what Katie would need, long before you knew she even existed! I hope that these items will benefit both Katie AND Sweet Verity! Thank You, Hannah’s Mommy for Blessing this very special little girl and her family! And, Thank You, Jesus for bringing everything we need, when we need it!!

2. debbie fitts says:

YES!  He is that good, I love how He works.

3. Caroline says:

Fabulous.  Our Heavenly Father is so good at providing what we need.

4. Kristina and Family of 4! says:

Amen!!

5. stephanie says:

We always say God wears big sleeves because He always has something up them:)
    This was something really cool!!!

6. Rebeca says:

Just what I needed to read today!  I have goosebumps.  Praising God andm arveling at His provision!

7. Shanna says:

I cannot begin to tell you what reading your blog has done in my life. I have been stuck in this rut of selfishness for over a year. I have only thought of myself, I have neglected so often to stop and play with my children and to just love on them, that would have been the best medicine, I see that now. Your children are beautiful, and I weep with every blog I have read, and I have been convicted in my heart of my lifestyle! No more! This year stocking stuffers are pictures of children from reece’s rainbow that have money we donated in familie’s names! This year we will not spend ridiculous cash on things we think we need! I want so badly to do something more.

I asked my husband last night if he ever would consider adoption. His answer,”of course!”

I found out he was reading a book in his seminary class called “the grace effect.” which is a book on international adoption.I am quivering in my soul over this. We are now in constant prayer over this desire kindled in our hearts. I have wanted to adopt since I was a young girl! I am beyond thrilled to think that my husband is so open to it!

We are perfect strangers, and yet sisters in Christ, and I weep and pray over your beautiful little ones. You have opened my eyes to the beauty of special needs children, I have a desire to adopt a child with special needs, eventually, for now, I don’t know what the Lord has planned for us. But thank you so much for giving me a glimpse of the true beauty.

I used to say I would never wish a child with special needs on anyone. I thought this was a kindness, after watching my aunt struggle with her autistic daughter for 13 years, but now I see….what a true blessing God gives to those he chooses to send these sweet children to.

I’m always going to stalk you from now on :-) and maybe ask what other adoption agences are out there similar to reece’s rainbow. I want to explore every option now. I always thought you had to be 35 before you could adopt…I’m eligible in February this coming year!

God bless you!

8. Praise God for always having perfect timing!

9. Becky K. says:

Bless the Lord, Oh my Soul….and all that is within me, bless His holy Name.
    He has done GREAT things….He has done GREAT things……He has done GREAT things…
    Bless His holy Name!!!

10. Gail Kenyon says:

Thanking and Praising God with you!!!!!

11. Awww  Susanna, you are so blessed!  Even more though, YOU are a blessing!!  Thank you for sharing your beautiful life with us.

12. Rachel Hagemeyer says:

Hi Susanna.  My name is Rachel Hagemeyer.  I have 6 kids, 5 with special needs that joined our family through adoption.  One of our daughters had psychosocial dwarfism We adopted her at age 6 1/2 years old and she was wearing size 2T clothing when we adopted her.  She has since grown over 10inches and gained 20 lbs in the past 4 years.  If you would like to talk some time my email address is seoultrainonanairplane@hotmail.com

13. Missy says:

I just love seeing Verity sitting on a little stool or chair. She looks so grown up and pleased with herself. Makes me smile everytime.

14. TOday, in BG, i NEEDED this…thank you for your obedience! God knows our need even when it may not FEEL like it! LOVE to you

15. April (justonemorebaby) says:

Oh WONDERFUL!!! That is so fantastic <3

16. So excited and thankful for God’s goodness! :)

17. Kacie says:

He sure does work in mysterious ways! Praise Him!!

18. Ginny says:

Truly, NOTHING is impossible with the Lord!!

19. Holly says:

WOW!!!!  Tears of happiness for you!!  And goosebumps!

20. Susan Wiker says:

Oh my heart is singing for Katie and your family.  My mind went right to Philippians 4:19 “And MY GOD will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”
    God is responsible for all our needs – we are the caretakers of this world and all it has in it.
    May God continue to show His love and glory to your family.  Blessings!

21. Heather says:

How great is our GOD!

22. kim k says:

I just wanted to encourage you to follow your heart in regards to gtube vs ng tube.
    Our son (whom has DS and a severe heart defect(s)) needed tube feeding. first of all the drs told me at birth he would be too weak to breastfeed and they were wrong, in fact breastfeeding was the only way for him to take anything by mouth, when my milk let down, he did not need to work at all, just swallow. he was much to weak to drink from a bottle. so I would breast feed, once the let down was over, he would tire, and I would pump and then fortify with extra formula, then ng tube it. I fought the g tube tooth and nail. I have replaced ng tubes many many many times…as he had quick little fingers!…even once in the middle of the grocery store…much to the other shoppers horror.
    yes having a tube taped to my childs face wasnt pretty and it was a constant reminder he was sick….but by 18 months of age, and post 3 heart surgeries, he was stronger, and the ng tube was no longer needed. And because I NEVER stopped feeding him…even feeding him solids much quicker than the rest of my babies, he loved to eat.   I always breastfed, or gave him bites of solids while giving him bolus feeds (he did not have the malnutrition Katie does, so overnight feeds were not needed) he associated food with stopping hunger.
    SO right on MOMMA! you are doing awesome….its so hard, that stinking tube dangling, in the way for picture, stares and questions from strangers, the awful skin breakdown from tape (which by the way Will developed horrible reactions to, Hypafix is a great brand, he never reacted to it) BUT we are so happy we did not give into pressure to get a gtube.  The added risk and pain…and the probable food aversion.
    Will is 4, eats everything, no texture aversions…chews and swallows.  So thankful God spoke to my heart and gave me the strength to keep up with the ng.  Of course some kids must have the g tube, and Katie may be one of them, but if God is telling you she is fine with ng…you keep up the fight and the faith!

23. Aunt Carol says:

So wonderful!

24. Cole says:

I love the image created with the reference to Katie as your little sparrow. Sweetness. My tears brimmed with joy at her pure joy at actual food! That is such a struggle for so many of us with kiddos blessed with a little extra that having had similar struggles here it warmed my heart for her to see the joy in food!

Also love your explanation of Ds. Blessedly put. Thank you.

25. Aunt Carol says:

While thinking over how the Lord is with you and providing so miraculously, this little poem from ‘way back came to mind:
    “He knows, He loves, He cares:
    Nothing His truth can dim!
    He gives His very best to those
    Who leave the choice with Him!”
    The Lord has surely been doing that with you and your family.

26. Beck Gambill says:

Yay God! Your transparent journey of faith bolsters my faith and reminds me to pray bold prayers with expectation! So happy to celebrate with you God’s provision for his dear ones!

27. Valerie says:

Amen! :*)

28. Valerie says:

I missed asking this durning the Q & A. I hope you don’t mind.  This question if for you.  I’m curious, w/ all you do…what kind of sleep do you get? I wonder if you lack in sleep, does it affect you at all or just try and rest up another time?

29. Rachel says:

As a mom, it seems my thoughts always go to child training.  As a hopeful foster/adoptive mom, I wonder what child training looks like when a child has been abused and neglected and has not known love.  In reading Katie’s story I now find myself wondering what it looks like when that hurting child also has special needs.  Though she’s tiny, she’s clearly not like an infant.  However, she’s also not the typical 9-year-old.  From what you’ve written in the past, it’s obvious that even little Verity is expected to obey her Mama.  I’m assuming there are different expectations, though, for Verity than there are/were for your other children?  If this is so, would you mind sharing the differences? How about your expectations for Verity vs. your expectations for Katie (both now and in the future)?   Is there any element of “child training” going on with Katie in the midst of trying to bond with her and gain her trust, or is that furthest from your mind at this point? Thank you so much for giving us a glimpse into this part of being Mama to a child with special needs!

30. Rachel says:

Sorry….I was reading your prvious Q&A post and meant to add the above questions THERE!

31. Anna T says:

YES!!  Our sermon this week was about God’s peace (especially during this Christmas season).  Your post today brought home (again) how God knows what we need before we even ask and is the giver of “…good and perfect gifts”.  Thank you Jesus for meeting every need!!  Prayers, ((hugs)) and love friend!!  Anna

32. Joy says:

HE IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (AND FUN!)

33. LisaL says:

God is soooo GREAT!

34. ChristiM says:

So rejoicing with you!

35. cindy says:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. Alyssa C says:

Hi Susanna!  I’ve been following your blog every day and rejoicing with you!  I noticed that you are using Samaritans for health care.  We are getting ready to adopt and had some questions about this…would you have time to answer some questions via email or over the phone?  I know this is a super busy time so if you can’t, that would be totally understandable.  Any help you can offer would be great!  GOD BLESS!- Alyssa

37. Justine says:

He is WONDERFUL!

38. Rita in Spain says:

Again…..awesome….God is good.

39. Bethany Garcia says:

God’s provision is truly astonishing. It never ceases to amaze me, yet it is so constant that i wonder why i am still surprised. He is soooo good. love Katie. she is going to grow up amazingly. i wait in breathless anticipation of the many miracles God is going to work in her and through her. she has already touched thousands of lives.

40. friend says:

she is beautiful :) :)

41. Tami Swaim says:

My kids see such items put to use on a weekly basis as they wait for their two brothers to finish up their therapy sessions.  When I would see particular items that I thought would benefit Katie I would usher up one of those quick prayers; “Lord, if you see fit, provide such items for Katie!”  Jehovah Jireh!  <3

42. Susanna!  What a wonderful testimony to the utter goodness of our Great God!!  He is all knowing and providing, and we are so small and needy.  Yet, He is might enough to keep and save us from ourselves.  Thank you for faithfully sharing His goodness in your life.

Blessings to you,