With a heart that is full to overflowing…

December 13th, 2011

…and by overflowing I mean spilling over with tears and laughter…

…I have permission to announce to you that sometime in 2012, this little girl…

…will learn that love and family and home are something to smile about.

Through a set of circumstances only God could have orchestrated, Kolina has a family!!!

Thanks be to God!!!!!!!

30 Responses to “With a heart that is full to overflowing…”

1. Jennifer says:

Praise be to God!

2. Heather says:

YEAH!!! We have been praying.  That is the response of my 13 year old is sitting here beside me. There hasn’t been a minute when she hasn’t been on my thoughts.  I saw that her grant fund is growing as well!  God is good!

3. Becky K. says:

We serve an amazing God!  I am so happy for this little one who will soon have her life changed forever………

4. Gail Kenyon says:

Yay!!!!!!!!  Thank you, oh loving and merciful Father!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for sharing this awesome news, Susanna!  You made my night!!!!!!!!

5. sabrina says:

Praising God for this wonderful news!

6. Kacie says:

Praise God for the beautiful gift of Kolina and her family.

7. Christie says:

Beautifully written. I totally understand what you were writing when you spoke of the apprehension of openness and causing others more pain.  We have had our work cut out for us with our 4 different types of adoption, age groups and needs, yet the Lord has gone before us. It hasn’t been easy, but HE is our source of strength.  Our last adoption, it felt like everybody’s eyes were on us. (actually they were) We kind of felt like there were people hoping we would fail. :(
    We were careful to let people know that we were not adopting because it would make us look good, or feel good, or because we know all the answers. We were following the Call upon our lives and how that turned out was up to the Lord. We do all we can do…(education, preparation) and He does it ALL…. including bringing us to a place of total dependence upon Him…. and we would have it no other way.  We are so VERY blessed.

8. Mandy says:

Praise the Lord!

9. Dawn Wright says:

WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh praise Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Cinderellamommy says:

THANKS BE TO GOD!!!!  I, too, like many of you have been in constant prayer for Kolina and am in tears with the joyous news that she is soon to be with her family. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!  This is the best news, thank you so much for sharing it!

11. Mommaofmany says:

Oh, hooray!  I was so hoping that someone would speak up for her as soon as possible!  God is working such miracles in this orphanage.  I have to wonder if the leadership, staff and Babas are aware of His hand in all of this?

12. Anne Ross says:

So crying!!! Donated and prayed for her!!! Praise GOD!!!!!!!

13. Carol says:

What marvelous news! Congratulations to her family if they are reading this! God is so good.

14. stephanie says:

Praise the LORD!!!!!

15. Fiona says:

Excellent, that is so exciting.

16. Laura F. says:

I have thought of this precious little girl over and over again, praying day after day.   And now she has a family… the power of prayer!

God bless,
    Laura

17. Aunt Carol says:

Wonderful!

18. Cole says:

Beatuifully and thoughtfully and heartfeltly put Susanna. Your comment about every child is an individual and no other child will respond the same as Katie really struck me- I wrote about that just in regards to children with special needs recently as well. You know how we picture a younger version of ourselves in our children when they are born, but when they receive that label of special needs we tend to stop seeing ourselves in them and instead picture a future with a random stranger who has the same diagnosis. We separate ourselves from the bond with our child we so hoped for. It’s so hard for other families to see or get that you can’t picture yourself in another person’s shoes- because not only the child, but you wouldn’t feel the same as you do now- that child is of you- whether he/she grew in or below your heart and your response to them would not be the same as how you feel towards that stranger you are picturing. That’s the gift we sometimes lose with a dx and need to find our way back to, nothing else. I love your kind words. Thank you.

19. Praise God, Susie.  You know, I can relate to you being hesitant too.  I’ll never forget going to our first adoptive parent social through our homestudy agency.  I was there alone, Brandon and the girls were out of town, Xander was at the hospital.  We had been matched for just a handful of days…

I’ll never forget a lady asking me to tell her my story and me really not wanting to.  Sure, I was amazed that God’s timing had gone so quickly.  We were matched 2.5 weeks after our homestudy was complete, with a 1 week old baby boy.  Our first “showing” we matched.  I really wanted to share the speediness of the Lord but I had already overheard that she and her husband had been waiting for 2 years.

I didn’t want to hurt her.  Yes, she was a stranger to me.  But it didn’t matter.  Compassion doesn’t cover only your friends and family.

I’ll never forget being in that position.  Just as you’ve never forgotten being in the situation of calling your sister with the news about your twins.  And now the situation with sharing Katie’s progress.

I believe your sensitivity will be thought of highly.

Also, we did not find you, your home, or your family underwhelming.  Our visit with you was a place of peace.  The Lord knew we needed to unwind a bit from our whirlwind trip to meet Annalise.  :)

20. LeeAnn says:

Praise God! This is the best news! Bless her family as they are on their journey to bring her home.

21. Rachel says:

We are praising God together!!!  Thank you for the wonderful news!

22. Tammi says:

So happy to know this little one has a forever family!

23. Holly Fedele says:

Wonderful, wonderful news!  I am all smiles at this news.  I’m so very happy for her and her new family!

24. Jane says:

Praise God for Kolina and her new family.  Lots of prayers their way…and to sweet Kolina…

25. Colleen says:

Praise the Lord!!  I am so glad!

26. Rilla says:

Hallelujah. This is wonderful news!

27. YAY!  Last week at church I was crying so hard that I had to leave during worship because Kolina was on my heart and I ached for her to have a family, a home and the joy I see in your Katie.  Now she will have that chance too.  I am so thankful for answered prayers!

28. Praise God, praise God, Praise God!!!! I don’t think we can praise Him enough! We sponored Kolina as a gift to our extended family for Christmas this year. I have done nothing but pray to God on her behalf ever since. This is by far the best Christmas gift ever to know that her family has found her! But her journey is far from over and we will continue to cover her and her new forever family in prayer. Will you be able keep us updated on her adoption process? Or does her family have a blog?

Yes, Becky, her family has a blog! You can find it here: http://reecesrainbow.org/?s=duncan&x=15&y=17