He can and He is.

December 6th, 2011

My throat aches and my tears are falling fast.  My heart hurts.

The eyes.

Sad.

Empty.

Hopeless.

She has been waiting for nine years in the orphanage where Katie waited [#11 on Reece’s Rainbow].

But she doesn’t know she’s waiting.

She doesn’t understand about God being the Father of the fatherless.

She doesn’t know that the first miracle has already happened; she is alive.

She doesn’t know about another miracle.  Her picture will be seen by unnumbered people, and many of us will pray for her.

She doesn’t know, like we do, that He is powerful enough to put His pure love into someone’s heart and tell them to go get her.

And powerful enough to make it happen.

Her photo is going onto our refrigerator, and we will pray for her until her family finds her.

Oh, little one, God is doing it.  He’s really doing it!

24 Responses to “He can and He is.”

1. Mommaofmany says:

What a beautiful girl…and it’s a miracle of the Lord that more children are being released/approved for adoption!  He is mighty and loves her so.

2. Heather says:

Thank you for opening our eyes. We are praying for Kolina.

3. Zealia says:

I just recently found your blog and I am just so inspired by your story! My DH and I plan to adopt. We’d like 6 kids (okay, hes willing to compromise up to six, I really want like 12) but I always thought special needs adoption was not something i would be able to manage. For one thing, we hope and pray that God will open the doors for us to be missionaries and I really wonder how that would work with a child who needs ongoing access to therapies and medical treatment, etc. I dont know…but, I guess God would not bring a disabled child into our lives if he did not intend to make with our lives just exactly what he pleased. I guess we shall see what he does. My heart is open.

I have a question for you…I watched the video you linked to under “the beginning of Katerina’s story” and wondered if your Katie is the little 9-year-old named Katerina who has down syndrome shown in the film…She was mentioned towards the middle of the video, I think. Are you even allowed to say?

Your family is so beautiful. i hope you are feeling better soon. I will pray for you.

4. Rachel says:

My heart aches.  I will join you in prayer until she is home.  Thank you so much for this post.  Thank you for speaking for her.

5. MommyScott (christina) says:

I will join you in praying!

6. Beth says:

How do you know what country the children are in on the RR site? My husband is older (and I am not young) and though her page says available to older parents I am not able to find out what country she or the other children are in. I have a feeling we will probably be ruled out because of his age for any child any where. We have just been starting to pray about adoption but it would not hurt to find out more info. Thanks for any help.

7. Tammie says:

What a sweet looking sweetie…it looks like her shirt is soaked on the arms…maybe due to feeding?  :0 Oh, my heart.  I’ll be praying.

Beth, this little girl is in Katie’s former orphanage, one of the children for whom God is doing miracles to bring them out and make them available for adoption in spite of legal difficulties. To find the RR children from Katie’s former orphanage, type #11 into the search bar on the RR site. Kolina was just listed on RR today, and is currently the only one from this particular orphanage who has been listed and doesn’t yet have a family. For your other questions, I will email you. :)

9. Kacie says:

She is absolutely beautiful. I will pray for her until her family finds her.

10. Connie says:

I just “stumbled” upon you blog and have really enjoyed reading it! What an amazing little girl and an amazing family!! Thank you, thank you for all you have done for Katie and others. I am also an adoptive mom, and recently my husband and I decide to adopt again. We are specifically asking for a child with mild to moderate special needs, so your story is encouraging!

11. Stori says:

Thank you for sharing. I will pray for her although each and every one of these kids rips my heart out.

12. Carol says:

Oh, she is beautiful. So excited to see more and more faces of precious children as God works!

13. Tami Swaim says:

Zealia I would not mind corresponding with you on your concerns about having children with special needs and being missionaries over seas.  We were living and serving in Poland for 12 years.  We had our five boys there.  When our fourth son turned about 3 we saw signs of autism.  Since we had committed to the Lord that we would serve Him full time and that the place or location didn’t really matter much~ just that we wanted to serve and be about the Lord’s work.  For my husband and I our ministry to our family came above the locale.  A LONG story short we ended up coming back to the states so that our son could get therapy in his own language.  We did try the route of Polish therapists working with him but for a child with autism it was too overwhelming.  God is never limited in what he can do.  We believed that God could meet the special needs of our special needs child anywhere as he could our own needs but in seeking his guidance and wisdom he lead us back to the US.  At this point in time the states offers the best of various therapies.  Yet, in most major cities around the world you will find more and more of this type of service opening up.  You could get my email address from Susanna if you are interested.

14. Kate says:

She is beautiful & I know the Lord will bring her parents to rescue her.  To help them, I donated to Kolina’s grant fund at Reece’s Rainbow.  My prayer is that every person who sees this lovely child will give something, too.

15. April (justonemorebaby) says:

Oh sweet little girl.

16. stephanie says:

OH this makes my heart cry out to the LORD!  HE can do miracles and I know HE will for this precious one!  OH MY Heart aches!!

love you,
    steph brian sasha ellianna avi and lina (still in Katie’s former orphanage!)

17. stephanie says:

This is now on my blog and sent out every where I can think of!!! PRAYING for a Christmas miracle for this sweet precious child!

P.s.  Little OLGA that needed a Christmas Miracle…from RR …she has a family – a friend of a friend!!! Praise the LORD who works miracles indeed – above and beyond what we can think or imagine…BE A VOICE FOR THE VOICELSS

Proverbs 31:8-9

love to you …steph

18. Becky K! says:

Thanks for sharing. Praying along with you.  I shared her Story on FB! I hope her Forever Family finds her soon. and that her Adoption fund grows fast. Praying for you also. I  Hope you are feeling better and that no one else had caught the sickness.

19. Jaclyn says:

What a blessing you are to share all of this with us…. she is so precious. I can feel the love in your words!!! I think God is amazing how he places us in the families that were designed for us…. Love you friend!!

Becky, that is *wonderful!* Thank you so much!!

21. sabrina says:

She is so beautiful. She will be in my prayers for sure.

22. Kristi says:

Susanna, I thought you would like to know that Kolina has over $700 in her RR fund now!  Her family will find her soon, I know.  Praise God!!

23. Christy says:

My friend, who is currently awaiting a travel date to her future childs country, told me about your blog. I have been reading since you were still at the hotel in Katie’s county and have been praying. You’re story is touching and I have been blessed by it. I pray Katie continues to make vast improvements and relish in the love of her family. I pray for this girl, also. For all these children. Our great God knows them all. Bless you and your family.

24. Heather says:

I am praying for this precious little one. I am so thankful to know about your blog and to be able to pray for these little ones. I had NO IDEA about the conditions of these children. My heart is being pulled so strongly to adopt. My husband is on board with me but I’m just not sure if I’m right (or our family is right) for the privilege of caring for these special little ones. God knows though and He will help us know. May He bless your family!!