Wake up, little bird…

November 28th, 2011

It is like witnessing the unfolding of a flower bud, or a butterfly from her cocoon.

They told us she couldn’t grow.

The child grows.  We are watching her grow.  There is soft roundness where two weeks ago she had thin, dry skin stretched over her bones.  Her legs were in such a shocking state that we kept them covered during the travel home so nobody would misread the situation, and report us to the authorities for child neglect.  Even if they thought that “She’s nine-and-a-half” meant months and not years.

Every day, she shows that she is feeling more secure.

Every day, she is more interactive with her environment…

…has more strength…

…and stamina…

…and curiosity.

117 Responses to “Wake up, little bird…”

1. Lizzi says:

Wow, she’s growing so fast! I’ve been praying for her and it’s amazing to see how much healthier she looks now than before!

2. Libby says:

I love reading these updates! Katie is so precious and God’s hand on her little body and young life is radiating the power of His great love for his children. Blessings!

3. Julia B says:

What a difference in her now. How very incredibly wonderful! Thanks to God!

4. Misty says:

WOW, such an awesome report!! Can’t wait to “watch” her progress here. I have to wonder how she and Verity interact. Or if they do?

5. Elle Bee says:

She is SO beautiful!!  What a lovely progress report.  It’s amazing what a little love and calories can do for a sweet child.  Amazing.

6. Amy says:

This so beautiful to see. This is life! She is truly blossoming and it just grabs my heart. Thank you so much for sharing.

7. adriana says:

Look at her…beauty!! Her hair also looks heathier, and stunning eyes, i love her!!
     Thank God for this saved and precious girl, wow….

and the card is just sweet and fitting in aspecial way ;)

Many blessings; Adriana

8. April (justonemorebaby) says:

<3 My hearts bursts when I look at those pictures. God is GOOD!

9. Michelle says:

She looks amazing!   She is a stunningly beautiful child.

10. Jamie says:

She looks like a hard working miracle :)
    God bless!

11. Amanda says:

My heart overflows looking at these pictures. Thank you Susanna, for continuing to let us experience this with you (to the best of our abilities)

12. Robin says:

What a beautiful little bird!  Oh my…she is blooming already! Praising God she is home with her forever family!  Amazing what love can do…

Love and blessings,
    Robin

13. Heidi Ehle says:

Oh Praise the Lord…..What an amazing little bird! :)

14. Tammi says:

Oh, Susanna!

Remember the prayer Jesus prayed before Lazarus came out of the tomb?

The tomb is open for little Nika, and she truly is a little Katie now!

SHE LIVES!!! She LIVES!!!  In every way, the Lord is waking her from her long, long sleep of the living dead through the touch of LOVE, and SHE IS ALIVE!  My tears are a river of joy!
    I’ve been speechless more than once during this journey of love, but this!  SHE IS ALIVE!  Her eyes are OPEN to life, to love, to family!  To her mama!  Your love is a testimony to the world.  Love NEVER fails. Love can ONLY multiply.  True LOVE can never divide. HIS love is perfect and entire, wanting nothing.  And we love you, eternally! To HIM be the GLORY, To HIM be the PRAISE! Forever!
    Prayers for your mama heart that is missing her little flock; soon you will all be together!

15. Genesis says:

Hi, my name is Genesis and I’m 11. My family recently adopted 2 boys (with DS) from Ukraine, one being very delayed and neglected. I just started reading your story and think you and your family are amazing! I love following your journey and keeping up with your little Katie :)

16. Margo says:

She has such beautiful eyes!  Thanks for sharing your story.  My heart is breaking for all the little children still left in this horrible situation. God bless you!

17. Anna says:

Hopped over here from Christines blog where she mentions “blogs to read” Adding you to my list so I can be reminded to pray for your little bird and your family.