Update on Katie

November 15th, 2011

Hi, this is Joe, back at the hotel:

Katie needed IV fluids and now has an NG tube, so she is doing very well now.  She’ll be in the hospital until tomorrow morning.  We have a story to tell and pictures to share, but there is no internet at the hospital where Susanna is.  We are seeing God working; thank you so much for praying!  Adam arrived safely, but to an unexpected summons to join us at the hospital.  He will undertake the supervision of Katerina’s care from our hotel room in the morning when she is released.

As you continue to pray, please consider all the people Katerina has been able to reveal truth to in the past twelve hours.  May God continue to do mighty works!

61 Responses to “Update on Katie”

1. Meghan says:

I have been thinking of you all non-stop! Many many many prayers coming at you from over here in VA.

2. Katherine Lauer says:

Praying!

3. Jenny Sousa-Brown says:

so good to hear from you guys!  you are in our thoughts and prayers.  Hugs and more hugs. Love your sister  in Christ and from RR.

4. Brenna says:

Praying for each of you as you work to meet Katie’s needs and keep her stable for the trip home. Praise the Lord!

5. April (justonemorebaby) says:

So glad to read she is doing better. Will continue to pray <3

6. Jamie says:

Praying, absolutely loved the pictures of the gotcha post. God bless!

7. Kathy says:

I just found your blog today through a link from a Facebook friend and have been reading your whole story, crying and praying for you.  My 12-year old daughter has Down syndrome and my 9-year old daughter, typically developing, is a few months younger than Katie.  The whole family is with you in prayer and compassion as you wait to bring Katie home.

8. Amy says:

Praying and thinking of you all!!!!

9. Maria - faithfarmmom says:

So glad to read your update. Continuing to pray!

10. Linda says:

Thanks for updating!  We are all praying and rejoycing that she is doing better.  So glad your nurse arrived and will give you some relief and guidance!  We will continue to pray for a safe journey home!  Linda from [attorney’s online group]

11. Andrea says:

It’s nearly midnight here and I cannot sleep..sweet Katie is on my mind, and I’m praying. I had a dream the other night, Susanna, that I was with you somewhere, and you let me hold Katie. It was sooo real..and there was a distinct smell..I can’t place it. Kind of a sweet smell but strange…but it was significant in the dream. The Lord has burdened my heart to pray..so I am.