The Lord has been mindful of us…

November 10th, 2011

… He will bless us. – Psalm 115:12

This is Daniel. I’m posting on behalf of Mom, who is currently flying over Europe and unable to use the internet.  Though she will be able to flesh this post out with all the amazing details after she is settled in [censored name], for now we’d like to let everyone know a few of the ways God has been blessing the journey so far:

1.  After the party of three (Mom, Dad, and a friend from our church who volunteered to drive) had arrived at Philadelphia, they were supposed to meet the nurse before proceeding to the flight.  He had CHOP’s PR camera to give them, and they had a couple of boxes and a pillow to give him, which they could not take to Katie’s country with them!  They had been at the curbside long enough, and they had not seen a trace of the nurse.  Added to this predicament was the fact that they did not have the nurse’s cell phone number, and could not contact him.  Asking God for direction, Dad and Mom waited on the curbside and our friend drove off in search of the nurse, saying, “I’ll find him.”  He found Adam and his wife Amy within minutes, in another terminal, and they were able to make their exchanges and pray together before saying goodbye.

2.  They had been planning on two flight changes between Philadelphia to [censored name]: Philadelphia to Boston, Boston to Frankfurt, and Frankfurt to [censored name].  The stop at Boston was for economical purposes; it would have been more expensive to fly directly from Philadelphia to Frankfurt. However, the flight to Boston was cancelled this morning due to fog.  In lieu of the cancelled flight, they were offered a flight directly from Philadelphia to Frankfurt for the same price.

3.  They had packed four pieces of luggage, two of which would be free of charge with two passengers.  Their travel agent told them to ask about the possibility that they would waive the fee for the one suitcase which was packed full of orphanage donations.  When the person-in-charge heard about the purpose of the flight, she decided to waive all luggage fees.

29 Responses to “The Lord has been mindful of us…”

1. Ginger says:

You can’t say the country. ;)

2. Elizabeth G says:

Hi Daniel,

Is the unmentionable country now mentionable?

3. Kim says:

Wonderfully amazing!

4. Veronika says:

Thank you for the wonderful update, Daniel.
    I haven’t posted here before, but I want the entire Musser family to know that I am so happy that this day is here.  I pray that Katie will be comfortable and calm on the flight back to the US.

5. Carol says:

Hi Daniel. Thank you so much for posting these marvelous details about how God is already providing for your parents. Blessings on you as you help look after your younger siblings and wait for your newest sister to come home.

6. Deanna says:

Praise the Lord for His provision!  So pleased they had one less stop.  You all have been on our minds and in our prayers!

7. Jane says:

Daniel-

Thank you for posting for your folks.  I pray that God is with you and your siblings as your parents go on this adventure to get your sister.

Jane  ( a reader in Los Angeles)

8. Morgan says:

As you have been extremely careful in the past (and even in part of this post) I thought you should know that I think you slipped up and mentioned the country-that-must-not-be-named here.

I am holding your family in my heart and in my thoughts throughout this journey. (and you are welcome to delete this comment, but I hope you read it)

9. Amy says:

I cannot wait to meet you next weekend and your Katie bird. The Lord will deliver you safe. My children are making a blanket for Katie bird this week so that she might feel the warmth of Jesus’ love while here in Philadelphia. Praying for all of you. Her livin testimony will change lives everywhere!!

Amy P

10. Jamie says:

How awesome is our God even in the details? :)

11. Angie says:

Daniel, One more censorship needs to be made near the beginning of your post…

12. Joleigh says:

Hi Daniel!  You forgot to censor the name of The Country That Shall Not Be Named in the first paragraph.  You can delete this as soon as you see it if you like.  I’m praying hard for your parents — they and Katie are on my heart while they’re traveling!!  Blessings to the rest of you. :)  And thanks for keeping us updated!

13. Milena says:

Thank you so much for the update! I’m so happy to hear about how their journey is already blessed! May it continue!

Please be aware that you mentioned the country’s name once in the beginning of the post.

14. Gail says:

Wow!  God is amazing!  Thank you for the update, Daniel!

15. Trish says:

Thanks Daniel! (You left in one country reference in the first paragraph though! I’m sure it’s VERY easy to do!)

16. Marilyn Osborn says:

I’m so excited!  Praying!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Heather says:

Awesome!  Our God is an awesome God!  I will continue to pray that the Lord blesses you and keeps you.  May he continue to walk before you and carry you through each day.  My families thoughts and prayers are with you and will continue to be so throughout this journey.

Heather

18. Amy (mimi) says:

I am so excited for you all!!! I can’t wait to hear all the details!

19. Ashley says:

Amazing.  I am always in awe when God moves.

20. Erin says:

Praise God! what blessings…so many people patiently waiting the arrival of katie!!

21. Catherine says:

Thanks for the update Daniel. We’re been praying for a safe and uneventful trip over and I can’t wait to hear how the rest of the trip goes.

22. Daniel says:

Thanks for the heads-up about the country name – I totally missed it :)  It’s fixed now!

23. Joy says:

That is WONDERFUL!!!!!!  He is with them, leading and guiding so gently!!!

24. Sarah says:

Thanks so much for writing this, Daniel!  You did a wonderful job!  Thank you for keeping us up to date!  I’ve been praying for you all, and will continue to do so!  God has already shown His faithfulness to you all on this trip, and I know He’s got a lot more to show you!  He’s just getting started!  I can’t wait to see what else He’ll do! :D

25. Missy says:

Thank you Daniel. It was good to know that all was going well.

26. Allison Kelly says:

Good luck and God speed to you.  Can’t wait to see pics of you with your little one!!  Peace, Allison

27. Joleigh says:

Isn’t it nice to have a zillion proof-readers!  You did a GREAT job of updating Daniel, so please feel free to do so again while your mom is taking a break from the blog.  Clearly your teacher has done a great job… you write very well!  (I taught English… I have seen both ends of the spectrum.) :)  I’ll bet you guys can’t wait to have your sister home.  I’m so exited to see all of you with her!!!

28. Laura F. says:

Daniel, what an eloquent testimony of God’s love!  Thank you for sharing it in such a beautiful way with us!!