Not nearly enough.

November 18th, 2011

That list of what it cost to redeem Katie…

Is that all?

Is that all we had to do?  All we had to give up?  All we had to pay?

It was not enough.

15 Responses to “Not nearly enough.”

1. Tammi says:

Oh! Love your heart SO much!!!

2. Susan says:

Following and praying for Katie’s story has been an honor.  My prayers are with you all as you travel back to the United States.  God has already paved the way and you are walking in it.  Blessings!

3. Debbie says:

Such a sweet, tender picture!

LOVE Joe’s shirt!

4. Robin says:

Amazing, incredible story!  What a blessing!!!

5. jenni says:

i’ve been speedreading through the whole blog to find out the backstory, knowing that you are THERE right now (love knowing the story will have a happy ending, not that you’re DONE but that part one is over and part two is beginning) looking forward to hearing all the “and THEN” parts of Katarina’s story and yours. God does amazing things!

6. Valerie says:

I can’t do much but cry tears of joy when reading these latest posts!

7. Joleigh says:

I think you need an “I heart pro-life boys” t-shirt to go with Joe’s “babies rock.”  Also, where did you guys get that — I need to get one for a dear friend for Christmas!  Will be praying you home, friend!

Joleigh, hahaha, Goodwill. :D
    (Sorry!)

9. Judee Albert says:

I MUST have one of those t-shirts!  Where did it come from??

It’s hard to imagine what must be going on in Katie’s precious little head.  Praising God with you for every little thing you are experiencing right now.  God bless

10. Amy (mimi) says:

Now THAT is a real man :D Glad to hear that they are bonding :D

11. Angie says:

My heart is melting. :)

12. Jane says:

I echo Susan.  This is all a humbling honor.  Love the shirt too!

13. Laura F. says:

My mom has told me on more than one occasion that it is a privilege to raise Ian… and I feel that to the bottom of my heart.  And, Susanna, it is a privilege to know you and your journey and I thank you again for sharing it with us.  I am praying right now as you are on your journey HOME.

Love and prayers,
    Laura

14. Jenny Hintze says:

What a beautiful little one! She has the prettiest eyelashes! My heart just breaks for what has been her life so far, but is in awe of what her life will be now. May God bless your family.

15. Jill S. says:

I was reading through some back posts and this resonated so strongly with me. When we adopted our daughter Vera from Russia in 2004, one of the first thoughts that I had upon meeting her was that I would have paid so much more…anything, really. The love for her was so strong and tangible. Vera was 5.5 years old and also has Down syndrome, by the way. She still melts my heart and I would still give anything for her, knowing that it is always God who provides anyway.

Every time I see a family like yours bringing home a special child and falling in love, I am just so happy for them. It is a wondrous and blessed event sent from God out of His great love for US, not just because He loves our children. I would love for more people to experience His love in that way.