My heart is overflowing

November 18th, 2011

Today our much-loved adoption attorney was able to spend a little time visiting with us in our hotel room before we leave very early tomorrow morning.

<photo removed>

She brought some news that I cannot yet share publicly.  But I want you to know this much, friends.

<photo removed>

When you pray according to the known will of God, you can always pray boldly, with full hope and confidence.

Please keep praying for the little ones with special needs we left behind.  God has been moving for them.

God is still doing miracles.

29 Responses to “My heart is overflowing”

1. rachel says:

so ready to adopt!  praying God will change either my heart or my husbands.  meanwhile, my girls and I are praying God will provide family’s for all of the orphans in Katie’s orphanage.

2. Elizabeth says:

Your Katie will so treasure these photos of her in the arms of your attorney and her Baba …I’m just imagining your telling her, over and over, the story of when you went so far away to rescue her, and these special people helped you… thank you for taking the time to share them.

3. marilyn says:

Love you!  Continued prayers for your journey home and for her health/stamina.  Can’t wait to hear the FULL story of ALL He did and is doing!  ((((((Hug))))))

4. Gail says:

I’m so glad that she got to see Katie before you left!  The picture of the two of them is precious!  God used her in a mighty way in Katie’s adoption!

5. Amy (mimi) says:

I am sure this is one of her favorite parts of her job, seeing the little ones in their new families and knowing they are going to be cared for :D

6. Beautiful pictures!!  Praying for your travels home and that Katie will do well with it all.  (((hugs)))

7. Joni says:

I was awakened last night here in Japan and felt you on my heart and have been praying for hours for all of you.
    I was so excited to see these pictures this morning of your precious Katie, and you know, she is so relaxed while being held in these two pictures, I am just amazed!!!
    She is allowing cuddling to happen and seems to be liking it!!!! Yeah!!!
    Just getting ready for all those sibling cuddles when she is able to go home.
    I am so thrilled with the bonding that has already happened, and I KNOW that the Lord will use that to make her recovery much quicker!!! Bless you all!

8. Joy says:

TY for sharing this journey, Susanna. I am blessed to see the Father’s hand all over it!

9. Amy Rainey says:

Thank you, Jesus!

10. Sonya says:

Praising God for all the answered prayers and the extras He’s pouring out.

“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
     Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21

I’m on the prayer schedule…but I keep uttering little prayers outside of my time slots as you begin this last leg of your journey.  :)

11. Jane says:

May God Bless and Keep your dear attorney.
    Continued blessings as you begin your journey in a few hours.
    I feel blessed to be on the schedule, blessed to be part of your journey.
    Take good care of yourselves as you travel and God Bless Adam…your caregiver.

12. Deanna says:

Love the photos.
    Praying for your journey home!
    Deanna

13. Ruth Ann Dennis says:

May God ease her little heart on the long journey to her new home with her new family.

14. Katherine Lauer says:

Thank you so much for sharing this witness with the world.

15. stephanie says:

Friends came to visit Avi after her surgery and they all follow your blog…they are all adopting currently too and they said “Did you see Susanna’s blog tonight”  I had not so guess what the first thing was that I had to do when everyone left…You got it…check your blog!  PERFECT photos! Wow and praying you home!

with lots of love, Brian steph sasha ellianna avi and LINA!!!

16. Heather says:

We will be praying for your trip home, I believe you are already on your way.  God speed!

17. Joleigh says:

Praying for you, Joe, Katie and Adam as you’re probably in the air by now.  I feel a little like a blog junkie knowing it will be quite awhile before we have another update.  But God knows what’s happening minute by minute.  Blessings over the four of you as you wing your way home.  I’m going back to knitting and praying. :)

18. Gwendie says:

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. Amen.

19. My husband and I have read together your last several posts since the stats posts to catch up.  The tears have flowed.  She is so beautiful.  Praising God!

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

20. Maria says:

Have a safe trip! God bless you!

21. Anna T says:

I am praying for your safe passage home today.  My 1st prayer has always been for your Katerina and her adoption, my 2nd prayer that was laid on my heart ever since I watched the video many, many months ago has been for the countries that these dear children live in, for change to occur similar to the changes that have occurred in our own country not that long ago (if I had been born with Down Syndrome, my parents would have most likely been offered to place me in an orphanage).  I have first-hand knowledge of this as my Great Aunt was offered this when her son was born with Down Syndrome (and at 46 years old he is seven years older than I am).  They made the right choice and he was raised with his family : ) !!  Praying and praying and so happy to read Stephanie’s news and to see the pictures.  They are just precious of Joe kissing Katerina and with Stephanie.  Fly home quickly and safely Katie-bird, Mommy and Daddy!!

22. Anna T says:

Oops…sorry, wrong name for your attorney (Tony)…  I’m also praying for Adam and so very thankful that God brought Him to you and with you.   Blesssings as you bring your newest blessing home, what perfect timing with Thanksgiving this week!  ((Hugs)) and prayers!!

23. Laura F. says:

What wonderful photos of your attorney and Katie!  I especially love the first one, with Katie in your attorney’s loving arm… just yawning.  To see how comfortable and loved Katie feels in loving arms makes my heart swell!  I am so glad you to got see your attorney and that she got to see precious Katie in your arms, ready to go HOME!

24. Susan says:

Thinking of you today – a day to be remembered, and to be celebrated as your little bird wings her way home.

Wonderful pictures – blessings to your attorney for her enduring love for little Katie, and for all the other children for whom she works so diligently and compassionately. She and those others whom you encountered are making a real difference, and that will not go unnoticed.  Change is in the wind…

Wishing you and Katie sweet breezes and blue skies as you return to your nest.

25. Jenny says:

Dear Susanna,   this being Saturday,  I know you are traveling home.  I am so excited for all of you including  your children at home who are probably counting the hours of your arrival.  I am so happy for Katy that this day has arrived.

26. Nancy Neal says:

YOU are the answer to so many prayers. Friends and strangers asked God to send the perfect couple to rescue Katie and He sent YOU!  Thank you for enduring and persevering. Katie is indescribably beautiful and fits perfectly into your family. When I read what your firstborn said, “She’s really ours…” I cried. What a precious family. Thank you God! Praying for your continued health and safety.

27. Amy says:

Just finished praying for Katie and your whole family.  I am hoping you have landed safely and all is well.  I will keep praying!

28. Jane says:

Thinking of all of you today and tonight.  God be with you.  Lots of love your way.  I pray Katie is safe at CHOP and momma, daddy and Adam are all fine.

29. Amy says:

Found your blog through BBC; have been following Katie’s story and checking for updates!  Tears are flowing.  Sending prayers your way.  How unbelievably lucky this little girl is to become part of your wonderful family.  You are one amazing mama!  Can’t wait to follow along as her recovery continues!  God bless you!