Imago Dei

November 23rd, 2011

Thank You, Lord, for rescuing this human being from the garbage pit.

Thank You for the pure love by which You have redeemed her life.

Thank You for the preciousness of this person who is made in Your image.

Thank You for breaking our hearts with the truth of what was happening to Katie and all the other unwanted, voiceless, powerless ones.

Thank You for giving us a fierce love for her and telling us to go get her.

Thank You for proving Yourself to be who You claim to be.  Mighty, miracle-working God, Father of the Fatherless.

Thank You for providing the required ransom for Katerina’s life.

For giving our family favor in the eyes of so many authorities.

Thank You for every dear one who sacrificed something to help bring our Katie-bird home.

Thank You for sending her a special baba to love her while she waited for us.

Thank You for designing her with so many sweet spots to kiss.

Thank You that she lets her mama kiss them.

Thank You for preparing us to know how to help her with her special needs.

Thank You for her alertness and spunk.

Thank You that she can now relax those survival skills and learn to look to a mama and daddy for what she needs.

Thank You for the energy she is gaining and the progress she is already making.  For the contours that are appearing on her arms and legs.

Thank you for not allowing this rare and precious jewel to be lost.

Thank You most of all for the mercy You have shown to Katie and to our family.

Lord, this is Your doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes.

Thank You.

83 Responses to “Imago Dei”

1. Jennifer Hall says:

Thanks be to Our God! Oh, what beautiful and awe-inspiring work He is doing here!

2. Janet Caswell says:

I am amazed and in awe of all I am seeing.  She looks as though she is doing very well.  I have never seen photos of her looking so alert and determined.  She is waking up to a world full of love and hope.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

3. Shanna says:

Thank you for continuing to share your life affirming God-story.  I am imagining that things are very difficult now as you help your beautiful daughter through all the serious health challenges and transitions. You are in my prayers!  I am going to meet my 6 year old little boy with DS in same country next week.

4. Judee Albert says:

I love her crazy little hair on top!  :-)

5. Happy Thanksgiving!!  So much to be thankful for!  What a special Thanksgiving this is for all of you, Susanna and family.  :)

6. pat spencer says:

It is so great to see Katie holding her head up and smiling.  The longest lashes to die for as well.  She has already made such strides in just this short of time.  Bless her and your family for saving her.
    pat

7. Dad says:

God bless you, Susanna and Joe, and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Mussers, and especially to my newest granddaughter, our dear little Katie. And a special thank you to all of you (mostly) women who have commented so regularly and encouragingly on Susie’s blog. I have been deeply touched as I have followed with great interest all your comments throughout Katie’s journey. Thank you all, God bless you all, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

8. He has done Great Things,
    Oh, He has done Great Things!
    I will Rejoice for He has done Great Things!!

Rejoicing and Giving many Thanks on this Thanksgiving Day 2011. Thanks for the Life Saving Redemption of Katerina’s Sweet Life.
    I wish I were there to help you with your many Blessings, whether to sit with Katie while you rested or to be at home with your other children, providing some extra love and support while you stay at the hospital. You are in my prayers, sweet Friend and Sister in Christ.
    Katie is looking so much better in terms of her health! Gorgeous girl she is! Love ~ Jo

9. Andrea Mann says:

I love it!  From another Mama spending Thanksgiving in the hospital with my precious gift, I feel not the least bit sad to be missing the festivities of the day.  I feel abundantly blessed to be sitting here with my second daughter.  I’m praying (and guessing you are) that you feel the same thing today!

Congratulations on you beautiful daughter,
    Andrea

10. Kristi says:

Beautiful.

11. Michele says:

I’ve been praying for your family for quite some time now!  Happy Thanksgiving!  Katie is such a cutie patootie!  I love the pictures!  She is absolutely precious!  Continuing to pray for your family and your sweet Katie! :)

12. Andrea Watson says:

Happy Thanksgiving!! Thank you precious Lord! I can’t read your blog posts without tears of joy flowing down my face. Thank you, Susanna, for taking us on this journey, too.

13. Jamie says:

Happy Thanksgiving, thank you so much for the pictures! God Bless and keep you guys.

14. Joy says:

A tearful HUGE AMEN to all of that. She is so absolutely precious and perfect, Susanna! TY so much for posting the pictures so we can enjoy her. My heart is so full for you all, SO thankful to our Loving Awesome Father for rescuing her!

15. Leah says:

lovely post. Happy thanksgiving to your whole family!

16. Aunt Carol says:

Oh, Susanna.  She is so precious and, even through the pictures, we can see a big improvement.  She seems so alert and happy.  Thanks for posting these.  What a great Thanksgiving for you all.

17. Christi says:

Image of God….how fitting! What a precious gift this Thanksgiving day! :)

18. Kristi says:

I came back to look at the pictures and noticed they put a sound machine on her bed! We use those in each of our children’s rooms, it helps us all sleep SO much better!

19. Lara Font says:

such beautiful pictures!  Her face even looks fuller already! Love how she looks so comfortable in your arms!  Rest today Mom and Dad, I am thanking our Lord for His precious gift Katie!  XO

20. Kendra says:

Happy Thanksgiving Susanna & Katie and family! Such a beautiful post, so much to be thankful for.  Katie has the MOST beautiful long eye lashes….she is just beautiful all over! :)

21. Tracy says:

These pictures are the most beautiful thing ever. What a fitting day… I am so thankful that your family rescued Katie. She is a sweet, beautiful child who has so much to look forward to. She can finally be the little girl she was always meant to be. Katie and your family continue to be in my prayers.

22. Colleen says:

Glory to God!!! What a beautiful Thanksgiving entry!!! Susanna, as I was looking at the first pictures of this post, I thought to myself “Can it be that Katie is starting to show that sweet ‘chunkiness’ (as we’ve termed it in our family) like a 2 week old newborn starts showing after their first growth spurt?” And sure enough- you validated that later in your post…  what an amazing sight! We have been praying for you all and are so glad that she is handling all of this so well. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

23. Christie says:

Ohhhhh, sweet Susanna!!! Katie-bird looks like a new child already. A renewed soul indeed! Praise be to The ONE on HIGH!!!!! Thank you, O Lord for the works you have done. God bless the Musser family for being bold in faith, not lukewarm, and steadfast in their love for you–boldly proclaiming YOUR DEEDS alone in this. HAPPY THANKSGIVING MUSSER FAMILY!!!

24. Heidi Ehle says:

Oh!!! So much to be thankful for…Katie looks amazing! Already so much better than the heartbreaking pictures of when you first went to see her. Those pictures brought me to my knees praying that you guys got her home in time to save her life…and these bring me to my knees in praise because the others so obviously were answered!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

25. Amanda says:

Oh Susanna, look at how much better she looks already! I am not an overly religious person, but thanks be to God for bringing you, the family, and Katie-bird together at last!

26. Laura F. says:

Susanna, THIS is what Thanksgiving is all about.  I cried happy, thankful tears throughout.  You are a gift… not only to Katie and your other precious children, but to all the other Katie’s out there waiting, and to the rest of us for opening our eyes and our hearts.  Katie has a deep, purposeful life and you saved her and we are so lucky that you are sharing her with us.  All the love she has is now yours!  I thank God you found her and am thankful that she has her mama, daddy, and brothers and sisters… and that SHE is opening eyes.  She has a beautiful strong spirit and an amazing story to tell.  Thank you for sharing all of it with us.  Happy Thanksgiving, Musser Family!  Love, Laura

27. Jerri H. (My7Blessings) says:

Tears of pure joy are streaming down my face. :)  I am praising Him with you and continuing to pray for you all and all the other littles ones around the world!

28. PamMcD says:

Oh my, but Kate’s smiles are so beautiful and leave me with joyful tears.  I am looking forward to the days ahead!  Praying for you all-The McD family

29. Jae says:

She’s so beautiful, with eyelashes to envy! I am so excited to be able to witness as she progresses and gets some meat on those bones. God is doing an amazing work through your family and through her and I am thankful that I can be witness to it from afar. She’s changing hearts and lives for sure!!!

Thank you for sharing!!

30. Katherine Lauer says:

I can actually see more flesh on her bones already. It’s astonishing. What graces.

31. Jae says:

adding thoughts+

I keep thinking as I read and look at her photographs, could this be the first time in nearly a decade that sweet Katie has finally known what being full and satisfied feels like? I cannot imagine. I cannot imagine. I keep sharing her story and many people DON’T BELIEVE ME!! I have to bring them here to this blog, show them the photos, have them read the blog entries.
    People don’t want to believe that this exists. Yesterday I was holding my twin nieces, each on one hip. They are freshly 2 years old this month and weigh about 25 & 27 lbs and they are TINY little things for their ages – still not wearing “their” size in clothing. So to imagine that Katie probably is the same length as they are, and 12-15 lbs lighter than they are… it’s so hard to grasp, being that she is nearly 8 years older.
    I’m just so thankful that she’s where she has been waiting to be her whole life and that she is helping to pave the way for those that have been left behind. I pray that their stories become the last of their kind. It doesn’t HAVE to be like this. One child at a time can change the world…

32. Holly says:

With each picture, I see Katie-bird looking better and better!!  She is so beautiful!!  I know y’all are exhausted so I’m not only praying for continued improvement in health for Katie but also health in mommy and daddy.  As sure as y’all are doing God’s work, He will hold you up in even the most exhausting of times.

33. Cole says:

Such a precious prayer- and thank you for sharing her with us. These pictures are an absolute delight to see her smile and up on her belly! Sweet girl!