At the House of Bliss

November 11th, 2011

As soon as I saw the faces of Adam and Amy Boroughs on Thursday morning, for the first time I felt pure excitement!  Like a racehorse fresh out of the gate, raring to go!  It is time to go get Katie!  We are on our way!

For the last couple of weeks, whenever anyone mentioned how pale and tired I looked, and asked how much sleep I was getting (just what every woman approaching forty loves to hear, heh heh), I told them that I would rest when I got to heaven.

What I really meant was that I’d rest when we reached the House of Bliss.  David and Sasha Bliss, that is, who have the true gift of hospitality.

So while the journey wasn’t the easiest one ever, and I will spare you the details, God has been gracious to us, we are here in Katie’s beautiful country, safe and sound and resting up for next week.

In order to truly rest, I don’t plan to post again here until we have our baby bird.

Thank you, friends for praying for us!  We can see God answering your prayers!

P. S.  Joseph and Daniel, you exceeded our expectations.  If you read the comments, please don’t worry; you know that no harm has been done.  We couldn’t be more proud of you.  Thank you, boys!

31 Responses to “At the House of Bliss”

1. Shauna says:

So glad to hear you have arrived safe and sound.  I can’t wait to hear the news that you have her…assuming it will still be the 14th we are putting an extra candle on Cadence’s birthday cake for Katie :)  Praying constantly for a smooth process and for Katie’s health.

2. Gail says:

Thanks for letting us know that you made it safely!!!!!!  We’re praying and can’t wait to see pictures of Katie with you!

3. Susan says:

So many blessings, and so many good, caring people to be the conduits for those blessings! I’m glad you’ve safely arrived after a less complicated series of flights than you’d expected, and hope the remainder of your journey to Katie-Bird goes smoothly as well. Lots of prayers are with you, and with her…

Daniel, you did a great job – I felt as if I were right there alongside of your parents. You are a talented descriptive writer!

Very best wishes,
    Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 from EE

4. Deanna says:

Rest well…I am so excited for you guys!

5. patti says:

so excited for you!!

6. Joy says:

So glad to hear that you’re there safe and sound – and that Joe is there with you. I cannot wait to hear that your sweet Katie is in your arms!!

7. Milena says:

I’m happy and relieved to hear that you arrived safely! May you now be able to rest! So looking forward to when you have Katie!

8. Shari~hotfudgecustard says:

I love that picture!  So much anticipation on the faces of two people who are about to be parents again!!!  : )

9. I really do you rest, Susanna.

I’ll be honest though, I can’t wait to read your update that you have Kaitie in your arms and she has forever left behind the place she has only known these past 9 plus years.  A new beginning for her!!

Will be praying for you, Joe and Katie, plus your beautiful children back home.

10. Kendra says:

Glad to know you have arrived safely and are enjoying a bit of a respite. :) Remembering to pray~everyday!

11. Jane says:

Susanna and Joe…

So glad you arrived safely! Rest now and then sprint to your Katie!
    God Bless.

12. Joleigh says:

So happy that you made it.  When you’re home and rested up (ha ha) after the long journey, you’ll have to shoot me some details.  I like to prepare for these things.  Your boys did an awesome job of giving us an update on the blog… I can tell they have had a great English teacher!  I got new pics of Clara today.  Hard to fathom how near her you are now, compared to how far away I am!  Blessings on you and know that you are truly blanketed in prayer!

13. Ginger says:

So excited!!!! Praying peace and rest over you two and perfect peace over Katerina throughout the appts and travel home.

14. Sonya says:

So glad to read y’all have arrived.  You’ve been on my thoughts and in my prayers all day.  Very excited and sooo thankful Katie is nearly home!

15. Colleen says:

Praise the Lord for getting you there safely!!! We love you and are praying for you!

16. Barb says:

I can’t even imagine the joy (and other emotions) you are feeling! Praying for all things to go as planned, or even better!

17. Angiedawn says:

I can’t WAIT  to hear that she is with you and OUT of that horrible place forever! Thank the Lord you made it safe and sound.I hope you are getting rest.((((((((HUGS))))))))

18. Carol says:

Praying for sweet rest for you and God’s hand on your hearts and Katie’s in preparation of a very exciting week to come…

19. Missy says:

You know I’m praying!

20. Caroline says:

We’re praying for you Susana! I’m so exited!! I can’t wait to see an update here about your trip and your little buterfly!

21. Lauren says:

Praying for you guys!

22. Mommaofmany says:

This family has been praying for you, and will be daily as you complete your journey!  Praises be to The One who is running this grand rescue.  He is amazing!

23. Laura F. says:

Susanna, I have been thinking of you and praying for you every single day and sharing your story with family and friends and asking them to do the same!  I loved seeing the photo of both of you, ready to get your precious daughter!  How exciting!!  I have a big smile as I write this!  I am glad your trip was a good one and you are now able to rest… you are settled in Katie’s country and are ready and waiting for her!  Hugs!

24. Lara Font says:

so glad you arrived safely!!  covering you and your entire family in prayer, can’t wait to see the post with you three on the way HOME!!!

Psalm 28:7
    The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

25. Lianna says:

I am so happy and excited for you all! We are praying continously that the Lord continue to bless your journey. We can’t wait to hear more about it, and hear that your sweet Katie bird is in your arms!

26. sarah says:

Thinking of you and lifting you up in prayer during this time! Peace be with you!

27. Jae says:

Good Morning! It is early morning somewhere across the world where you are and I believe today may be one of the biggest days of several lives (if not today, very soon indeed). As we are just getting settled down for the night (and should have been asleep hours ago) we are saying some prayers for every transition, every travel, and every step before you return home at the end of this week to go on without a hitch, and that God continues to show His tender mercies.

Praying for beautiful Katie as she is liberated and gets to see her Mama again SOON!!!

28. Mandy says:

Praying as you rescue your daughter today!

29. Carol says:

Praying, praying as you continue through your first day with Katie.

30. Laura F. says:

Today is the day!  Many prayers as you get Katie!  She is coming home!!

31. Pam K says:

So glad sweet Katie is with you at last!  Her hands are sooo tiny!  Sweet little one — I can’t wait to watch her blossom!  Praying for a safe journey home and to the hospital and that Katie can get well enough to go home soon!