o.o.p.s. and NOT o.o.p.s.

October 28th, 2011

If you have subscribed to this blog, and read the updated “Joys” post that was sent yesterday, you were understandably confused!  I had copied and pasted the chunk of my friend’s email that contained the apropos part of her story, and accidentally clicked the “update” button before I was finished editing!  I wouldn’t have known about my mistake, except that a kind reader emailed to offer help to me, thinking that I was writing about my own son.  Sorry, everyone!  It’s what happens when a human makes a mistake!

This, on the other hand, is what happens when God doesn’t make a mistake.

Baby number ten, with a little more built into you than the rest of us have…

…one of God’s wondrous works…

…we love you all to itty bitty sweet sixteen-month-old baby pieces.

“Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who delight in them.”

16 Responses to “o.o.p.s. and NOT o.o.p.s.”

1. Anna T says:

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well”!!  Psalm 139:13 — 14 (NIV)

2. Kim says:

sent you a song on email. Made me think of you~

3. Ginger says:

Ok, totally silly question given the absolutely adorable pix of Verity, but:
    Oops is an acronym? How have I not known that? What does it stand for? Off to google it. . .

Ginger, maybe in Texas they don’t spell it out instead of saying it sometimes?

“O.o.p.s! Big mistake!”

Something like that. :)

5. Ginger says:

I found all kinds of meaning for o.o.p.s. but most of them were all computer-related. :? We Texans spell out oops, but I’ve never seen it spelled as an acronym. I know what it means tho. ;)
    Precious Verity definitely is no oops! :D

6. April (justonemorebaby) says:

She gets cuter every day!!! <3 (and I guessed that mistake and just put it together in my own head that someone else had formula for you he he)

7. Heather says:

Uh-oh.  I live in the Midwest and have never heard anyone spell Oops before.  :)

8. Gail says:

Susanna,
    This is random, but where do you get those leggings that Verity is wearing in the pictures?  Are they like tights or do they go to just the top of her legs?  I’m looking for some warm “things” to go with dresses for Ana, so I’m just wondering.

9. Verity is so adorable!  She is perfect, just the way the Lord created her to be.

I’ve been thinking of you, I know you must be counting down the days!

Oh Gail, that is a great plan and I wish I could be more helpful, but we get nearly all our clothing from thrift stores or hand-me-downs. And they don’t come with labels! We have a couple of pairs of baby leg warmers (are they called baby legs?), and I recently heard that the tights without feet are called longies. Maybe someone else will jump in here and be more help!

I’ll have to ask Joe if it’s a Lancaster County-ism; I first heard it from him!

12. Gail says:

Thanks, Susanna!  I’m a thrift store shopper too, so I will just start looking :)

13. Brandy says:

Goodness, that last photo is just the sweetest!

14. ~*Great is our God*~  She is the sweetest little thing!

15. Joy says:

Oh, Susanna!  She is ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!!  I love you, little Verity!  I’ve never met you but I love you to itty bitty 16-month-old baby pieces, too!!!!  Precious girl!!!

16. Deanna says:

That Verity has my heart…she is amazing!