Mama’s arms

October 1st, 2011

Lord willing, tomorrow I will tell our adoption story for the fifth time in eight days.

Every time I get to the end, the part where I say–

“…and we can hardly wait to go and get her and bring her home…”

–my arms feel more awkward, empty, yearning, bereft.

One of my children is four thousand, eight hundred seventy-five miles away from me.

7 Responses to “Mama’s arms”

1. Ashley says:

I’ve been praying for you.  For you daughter that is 4875 miles away from you.  For your heart as you fight to bring her home.  For your doctors as they plan the best care they can possibly give to her.  For your travel.  And for your home.

As a mama it make my heart ache to read of your heart aching for your child.

Tonight, I pray that you get to travel soon and that the Lord will grant you a peace that he is watching over her so that you might rest.

2. Brenna says:

I know the ache you are feeling, and I am sorry. May our good Lord ease your pain as you wait to bring Katie home. And may He hold her in the palm of His hand while she waits for you.

3. Becky K. says:

I just linked to this post on my blog today.
    It was incredibly difficult to speak to you after the presentation yesterday because I was so close to a big ugly cry.  I love you, dear friend, and am anxiously waiting for your little Katie Bird to be back in your arms again.
    And for her Daddy to meet her…..in person!!
    That will be so sweet. She is going to learn to adore him and then wrap him right around her teeny tiny finger.

4. GAMZu says:

I just can’t wait for her to be in your arms and in your family! This girl deserves to reach her potential, and you can tell she has just hoards of it that has been repressed.

5. Sandie says:

I want to scream every time I see those ugly, stretched out, dingy socks on her feet!!!
    I am so eager to see Katrina in your arms!  Some days I can barely stand the wait!

6. Tami Ann Swaim says:

I lead an online workout challenge in August and September.  Everyone who did not exercise 5 out of 7 days owed 1 dollar per day missed to “the pot”.  The one who owed the least amount would win “the pot”.  After sharing your story the winner of “the pot” suggested that we all give our money towards Katie’s care fund!
    Wanted to share that encouraging news!

Ephesians 3:20
    “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us”

Tami, WOW! Please tell them I am sending a big teary-eyed THANK YOU!

Disrupting means that the parents decide they no longer want to be the parents of their adopted child.