God is doing it!

October 4th, 2011

Have you ever gone to the Reece’s Rainbow website and typed #11 into the search bar?  That will take you to a list of all the children who were recently listed from a certain orphanage.

I am so gun-shy about using the name of Katie’s orphanage that when I had to write her baba’s address on the package we mailed off today, I hesitated before writing the name of her city.

Ever since Annie moved to the MY FAMILY FOUND ME page today–thank You, LORD!!!–there is only one child left on that list who hasn’t graduated.  But it looks like Tommy’s day may be coming soon!

And this is just a small number of the children waiting at this orphanage.  None of the children currently listed are from the top floor, where the children in the most urgent condition are kept.  Please pray that God will move certain social workers to do the job they were supposed to have done years ago, and list the remaining children with Katie’s government.  God has already opened so many doors, and thrilling things are happening behind the scenes that I cannot wait to tell you about!  We know that He can bring these remaining little ones into families.  Thank you, friends, for praying with us!

6 Responses to “God is doing it!”

1. The Kaya says:

Does anyone know what happened to Kami and Nailan?  They disappeared from the site.  Did they get families?

Kaya, there was a minor mix-up with “Kami’s” file that is preventing RR from listing her until it is corrected, but I have heard from the LOVELY mom who is adopting her! Praise God!

And I will inquire about “Nailan,” as that is a child I haven’t heard of before. Thank you for asking!

3. The Kaya says:

I’m so glad Kami is getting a family!  All I remember about “Nailan” is that he doesn’t have DS.

Kaya, “Nailan” has a family!!

5. Anne Ross says:

What about Daisey? Did she get a family.? She is adorable!!

Anne, yes! Daisey has had a family working toward her for months, and they are now waiting for their first trip to see her! Our family put her picture on the refrigerator near the beginning of this year, knowing that she is in the same orphanage as Katie, and decided to pray for her until she was all the way home. She is one of the children I was privileged to hold when I was there at the orphanage, and she is WAY more precious in real life than she is in her photos! What a squeezable little dumpling, just melted in my arms!

Her mom and dad, Mike and Gail Kenyon, are trusting the Lord for the finances to bring Daisey home. Gail has become a good friend of mine! I’d love for some folks to go over here and help them: http://www.kenyonadoptionjourney.blogspot.com/ :):):)