And another…

October 3rd, 2011

…precious child from a certain orphanage made it to the MY FAMILY FOUND ME page!  Woooo-hooooo for precious “Butler!!”  Praise the LORD!!!

Wait, did I tell you that by the time he turned twelve years old last Friday, “Tony/Tommy” had a family working toward committing to adopt him?!  Let’s pray him onto that MY FAMILY FOUND ME page!

So that leaves “Annie” for now.  She had one family inquire about her, but they were not able to follow through.  Her profile on Reece’s Rainbow say that she has cerebral palsy and congenital syphilis.  Syphilis sounds a bit scary, doesn’t it?  But I know that ignorance breeds fear.*  So I asked a Person in Charge at Reece’s Rainbow what syphilis means for Annie and a family who would adopt her.  And received this reply–

“Annie’s syphilis has been treated. So, she no longer has it. I’m not very familiar with it either. But, it HAS been treated!”

Would you join me in praying sweet Annie into a family with big hearts full of love?  God can do this thing!

*Note from Dr. Elizabeth DeHority~

Here’s the info on congenital syphilis: it’s an infection that is passed from mama to baby during pregnancy BUT unlike other maternally transmitted infections we think about like HIV or hepatitis, the syphilis infection itself can be totally cured with antibiotics. If the mama takes the antibiotics while pregnant, they cure mama AND baby.

Here’s the problem. If mama does NOT get antibiotics, often baby is stillborn. If baby lives, she can have all sorts of birth defects caused by the infection, everything from deafness to abnormal bones and teeth. You can think about it almost like fetal alcohol syndrome, where baby is damaged by exposure during prenatal development. And then, if baby is born with untreated syphilis, and doesn’t get antibiotics right away, the damage continues to worsen.

When the baby gets the antibiotics, the infection goes away, she is totally not contagious, but any birth defects caused by the infection will still be there.

I hope that makes sense. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me at esdehority@aol.com. Meanwhile, my children and I will all keep praying for a wonderful family for Annie!

13 Responses to “And another…”

1. This is all such great news!
    I’ve been praying for Tommy to find a family and it’s such a wonderful blessing to know that something is in the works for him.
    If they are going to be doing any fundraising, please let me know so I can help them out.
    I’ll keep Annie in my prayers too.

2. Anna T says:

YEA!!  I felt the Spirit’s prompting today to pray for the Judge that will be assigned to Katerina.  We’re leaving for a few days and when we return I am hopeful for very good news (when we went on a short trip in June of 2010, you had delivered Verity!!)!!  Praying Katerina home quickly!!

3. YAY! Praying for Annie…  :)

4. Heather says:

What about “Tony/Tommy”? Last I had seen no one had inquired about him. Has that changed? Praying that God move strongly and swiftly on his behalf.

Heather, he now has a family working hard toward committing to adopt him, but I haven’t heard (as of yesterday) that it is official yet! I am hoping and praying to see him graduate to the MFFM page soon!

6. Trish says:

Annie is on MFFM!!!!!!!!!

7. Gail says:

I just saw that Annie is on the “My Family Found Me” page!  Yay God!!!!!!

8. Andrea Mann says:

Interestingly I have been prompted to pray for a judge today as well. :)  I’ll keep praying that Annie’s family finds her quickly!!!

Andrea

9. sabrina says:

Just saw Annie has a family too! Wow!

10. LeeAnn says:

Susanna,
    I have been a lurker for sometime, but am blessed everytime I read your blog. Your heart touches me beyond words. I pray for you, your family, Katie, and all the other orphans that need a Momma and a Daddy. I just looked at the MFFM page and Annie is on there! Is that right!?!? If so, praise the LORD!!!!

11. Elizabeth DeHority says:

I hope that makes sense. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me at esdehority@aol.com . Meanwhile, my children and I will all keep praying for a wonderful family for Annie!

12. Heather says:

Thank you, I have been praying for him.  I am so glad, I will continue to pray.

Elizabeth, I’m adding that to my post! Thank you!