Sunshine

September 2nd, 2011

Today we’re thanking God for a little snippet of good news from our beloved attorney!  Thank you so much for praying!  He is again showing us what He can do!

“I just talked to the Embassy and they have the file.  Monday and Tuesday are national holidays here so no one is working but they will have me the first business day, Wednesday, at 3 pm my time for the provisional filing.  They promised they’d issue the Article 5 Letter the same day if I am patient enough to wait.  And I will, of course.  Thought that it would be another good news for today.  :)”

As if that wasn’t enough sunshine for a cloudy day, how about a little more?

They told me, “We’re protecting Verity!”

She always moves when she smiles!

Her new “cute” smile~

You can see why the little old ladies make a fuss over her in public!  She does not like them to reach out to her, though, and will swish their hands away in a no-nonsense fashion, as if to say, “No way!  I’m staying with my mama!”

And a few favorite pictures of our tiny Katie-girl waiting for us so far away.

Okay, actually a lot of favorite pictures…

Your alert and spunky personality shines through your face.

You have a new word to learn.  “Mama.  Mama.”

Brave girl to look at mama’s face!  Big girl!

You are not a baby, are you?  You are a miniature nine-year-old girl.

Your beautiful face is imprinted on my heart.

Precious little sunshine.  I can hardly wait to see you again…

…to hold you securely in my arms and bring you safely home.

Katie-bird, you bring so much joy to our hearts.

19 Responses to “Sunshine”

1. Rachel says:

Tears came to my eyes when I saw that last photo. So many years of extreme neglect and she is still able to smile and find joy in life.

2. Shauna says:

Such beautiful girls!  Wonderful news that things are moving!

3. Sandie says:

So what does this mean afa when you will bring Katrina home?  Katrina reminds me of a delicate butterfly:)
    And doesn’t one of your other girls do the cute head tilt with her smile?

4. Deanna Rabe says:

That last photo is stunning!  Such beauty.
    I love the photos of Verity and the one of the boys “protecting” her is precious!

Deanna

5. Ginger says:

Oh what precious pictures! I have a feeling I’ll be coming back later today to fawn over these again. How very blessed you are!

6. Gail says:

Your entire post is precious!  I love the picture of the boys protecting Verity!  That is too cute!

We are continuing to pray for all of you!

love,
    Gail

7. Amy says:

I just wanted to let you know that our family is praying for yours….even our little 13 month girly:o)
    Praying that Katrina will safely be home with you soon…thankful that God has sustained her…like others, so moved to tears to see her smile. May she have many more down the road.
    Also I love seeing how your little Verity is developing- she is SUCH a dollbaby!! I can see why the little old ladies want to fuss:o) She is such a smart and beautiful girl!! I love how she hams it up!!
    The S family

p.s. I know about your blog through Verity’s friend, Luke’s mom, Danielle M.   I have been following along since she passed along a prayer request in care group a year ago!!

8. Valerie G says:

So happy things are moving along! I am not a particularly religious person, but it seems like all of the forces of the universe are helping pave the way for you to bring home your precious little one. It’s so sad to me that she has been neglected for so long, and so amazing to me that a little care and a little affection can rekindle the spark that is clearly within her. Blessings to all of you!

9. What a sweet little girl!  What a beautiful smile! My heart aches and at the same time feels such joy because of all God is doing for Katie!  I can’t wait to hear that she is HOME!

10. Jane says:

Susanna,
    I found your blog through another one linked to RR.  I am a momma to two kids in Los Angeles.  To say that your family gives me inspiration is an understatement, and how you all maintain a household with 10! I can’t imagine and have so much esteem for you all.  (I think I am a wimpy momma…two overwhelm me!)  I am sure there is no perfection in your home, and I appreciate families who strive like mine to live by ethics and values reflective of love amidst chaos and kids and jobs…
    Verity is a veritable cutie pie!  And with a gaggle of brothers, she has a great protection squad!
    I pray for your family everyday, and keep Katie’s face in my mind as I pray.  Each morning I awake to Whitney Houston’s song, “I Turn to You” and I pray for the RR children and their families that I follow.  Often, praying for Katie feels like reaching across the world to offer God my humble love and thanks for keeping Katie sustained.
    May God bless you and keep you.
    There are so many who support all of you…have a good weekend and take care.
    Jane

11. Melissa says:

I love Verity’s new smile.  So cute!  And Katie’s eyes are just mesmerizing.

12. Love Verity’s smile!  And I’m so thankful that I got to hold her for just a second!  Continuing to pray for Katie… I love how her whole face lights up when she smiles!

13. April (justonemorebaby) says:

LOL! Verity’s new smile cracked me right up :D
    Those boys look like they mean business! I wouldn’t mess with that kind of protection ;)
    Katie’s eyes are so captivating, I can’t wait till you get her home!

14. Katy says:

I just have to tell you that my Roo (who also has DS) always moves when he smiles too!  :-)  Love it.

15. Danielle M says:

Amazed at what LOVE can do.  In the hearts of man, in a cold and dark country where things are speeding right a long, and in the lives of two little girls, a world apart, eight years apart, and yet LOVED so much by the same God and the same family.

The kids and I pray day and night for you and your family, and Katie.  Joel and I have had more oppurtunities to talk to our kids about the ugliness of this world, the holiness of a omniscient, and kind God working all things together for the good(even when circumstances don’t seem like it, to us) .  These conversations are precious, and spurred on, often, by reading your blog and knowing you and the family.

We are awaiting to discover the next chapter that God is writing in this story.
    Verity, by the way, just made Joel and I laugh out loud.  She is so sweet and what a personality shining through.  And all the big brothers!  We are big fans of big brothers (and little ones too) over here in the M. household.

16. Brenna says:

I loved seeing your two beautiful girlies (and Verity’s protectors.) The expressions on Katie’s face are precious. Praying for you all as you continue through the process to bring her home.

17. Jessica (janns) says:

Such a sweet picture of Verity being protected by her big brothers!

18. Marilyn Osborn says:

Love the pictures!  Precious!

19. Susan says:

My previous message may not have reached you, but I am so happy to learn this encouraging news. Prayers, persistence and hard work are paying off!

The picture of Miss Verity and her brothers is classic! What a lucky little girl to have such devoted  big brothers who love her so much – Katie will soon benefit from them, too.

Thanks also for your strong advocacy of little Stephen – I hope his family finds him soon, and that other families will soon empty out his orphanage.

Best wishes,